Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Cable Routing..Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcecc1968
My throttle cable is binding and needs to be replaced. I have a new cable ready to install, but I noticed the cable comes out of the firewall and up through the rubber seal between the engine and firewall to get topside to my carburetor.....I'm thinking this is probably not correct and was done by the shop I had do some metal work for me last year.

Can anyone point me to a routing diagram (or show me a photo) of the correct cable routing?

-Don
Dave_Darling
The correct cable routing doesn't go to a carburetor at all--it goes to the throttle body on the EFI's intake manifold. Which isn't necessarily in the same location as your carb.

In stock form, the throttle cable goes through a grommet on the right side engine tin, and then over to the throttle body. It may not reach your carb correctly that way, though. In which case you just have to find somewhere that it does fit and work.

That's one of the big things with carb swaps to me--there isn't a "correct" way to set it up, because it wasn't done originally by the factory.

--DD
dcecc1968
Thanks Dave, I understand my current set-up is not original, so let me re-word my request below.

My throttle cable is binding and needs to be replaced. I have a new cable ready to install, but I noticed the cable comes out of the firewall and up through the rubber seal between the engine and firewall to get topside to my carburetors.....I'm thinking this is probably not the best location and was done by the shop I had do some metal work for me last year.

Can anyone show me photos of where you've routed the throttle cable to a dual carb set up?
jsaum
I have my cable routed the same way as yours for my dual carb set up. It was the only way it would reach. I'm guessing the binding is due to a worn cable as mine doesn't bind.
Jsaum
dcecc1968
QUOTE(jsaum @ Jul 6 2015, 11:51 AM) *

I have my cable routed the same way as yours for my dual carb set up. It was the only way it would reach. I'm guessing the binding is due to a worn cable as mine doesn't bind.
Jsaum

Thanks Jsuam, very helpful information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.