Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intake Manifold Gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
I ordered a set and was told it is a phenolic block. Is this the stuff it's made of or are they giving me sumthin I don't want?

Pelican part# and theirs is # 039 129 707

...b
Joe Ricard
Yes the factory intake gaskets are made a Phenolic material. Designed to inhibit heat transfer to the intake runners. I have glued new paper to each side of old block and it worked really good.
For Carbs I have done it both ways. But currently use a thick 1/16" fiberous paper that I cut out and trim to the openings of the ports and bolt studs. My thought here is to keep the carbs warm.
rhodyguy
i run them on the carbed car. everything gets plenty warm with them installed. whether they help the heat sinking from the engine i don't know. figure it can't hurt. you want those for your f.i. 2.0 bruce.

k
TheCabinetmaker
Bruce, Your FI needs them for insulation and spacing Not using them *might* cause the runners to hit the plenum.

beer3.gif

Curt
Bruce Allert
Well thanks guys. When I first ordered the gaskets they tried to pawn off the 2.0 aftermarket bus gaskets.
NO NO NO NO blink.gif

Ya Kev, they're for the FI on the 2.0. I seem to have a vacuum leak (somewhere) unsure.gif but can't find it no matter what I spray in there. I need to take the plennum off & see if there are cracks. I might as well replace the intake tubes & gaskets whilst I'm down that far.... here's hoping.

Kev, do you still have that extra 2.0 throttle body that you wanted to get rid of? Is it in ok or good shape. I think mine is some of the cause of leaking air past the brass butterfly.

........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.