Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Hats Group Buy Now Open! See details below.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cuda911
A week or so ago, I posted some pix of a 914 hat that I designed for myself.

It seems like lots of others would like the hats too, so I'm setting up a group buy. Sara will be doing the hard work, I'm just her peon.

Here's the deal:

1) The hats will be offered in two color schemes, as in these pix. But, I'm going to make the blue 914 car outline (on the beige hat) more of a darker shade (more "blue").

2) In order for this to work, I need a MINIMUM of 50 hats total, and a MINIMUM of 12 in each color.

3) The hats are high quality cotton, with a size-adjustment buckle in the back. The car outline and 914 are embroidered. They are "one size fits most."

4) Please realize that I am just Joe Schmoe, not a retail vendor. I have no way to accommodate "special" orders/requests.

5) Price: $25 per hat plus $2 each to help defray our packaging, mailing, and Paypal fees.

6) CON-US only. Sorry, too much of a PITA to mail overseas. Maybe at some future time, once we get this stuff figured out, we can see about accommodating our international 914 aficionados.

So, to see if we can generate enough orders to reach the 50, send the following info. to Sara at: jems2junque@yahoo.com

a) Number of hats total.

b) Number of each color.

c) Your name, your 914World screen name, email address, shipping address, and phone number.

If we get the required number (minimum 50), I will get the hats made up and Sara will send out Paypal requests to you for payment.

If we don't get the required 50, I'll enjoy my hats by myself. smile.gif
Tom_T
Put me down for one of each Mike & PM or email me when you need the Paypal bucks!

You can get them to me whenever you next come to PCA event I'm at & keep the S&H for yourself! .... ulterior motives to get you out to more fun stuff! smile.gif

Thanx for doing this Mr. Mike Schmo! biggrin.gif

PS - shoot, now I need a bigger hat rack! blink.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Cuda911
Thanks, Tom. Two down, 48 to go!

Can you please email Sara the info as per above, to her email address at jems2junque@yahoo.com.

She's keeping track of the orders. Thanks!
stevegm
If you don't hit 50, maybe I can buy some and put them for sale on savethe914.com, so that you meet the minimum order.
falcor75
Once again it sucks to be in europe.... smile.gif
STL914
Great looking hats Mike, timing is perfect since my favorite tan cap is getting pretty frayed. My first thought was for a darker blue for the profile, which I see you will be incorporating. Have you chosen the color yet? In any case, put me down for one tan cap.

Gary
Cuda911
Thanks, Gary. I'll have to see what shades of blue the manufacturer has, but I'm thinking of similar to Alaska blue, or whatever they have that is closest to that. In any case, it will be a nice shade of blue.

Please email Sara with the info. above so we can keep it tallied.

Steve, that would be great. Sara posted also on Facebook and we have a few orders from there already. Of course, I can always order more than 50, so if you want a pile of them, just let me/Sara know! smile.gif
sb914
Just ordered one thanks
Eddy
napasteve
I'm emailing Sara now. Thanks Mike. I'll take 2 tan hats.
GaroldShaffer
I will send a email also, but just for the count total I will take 6. I would like 3 of each color.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 9 2015, 01:03 PM) *

Thanks, Tom. Two down, 48 to go!

Can you please email Sara the info as per above, to her email address at jems2junque@yahoo.com.

She's keeping track of the orders. Thanks!

Done & Dunn! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Bossman
In for one! Email sent.
olsib914
one more pm sent thanks
DRPHIL914
i'm in for 2, one of each, e-mail sent!
Cuda911
Alrighty then, getting there! Need some more orders though.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 10 2015, 11:17 AM) *

Alrighty then, getting there! Need some more orders though.

Maybe if they can also ship out of USA to our overseas Teeners, like Mats Karlsson in Sweden at post #5 - for whatever that shipping would cost via USPS to their Postal??

Also - is there any way that the hat embroidery folks can get rid of that crease at the sail panel?

It looks like the embroidery is 2 part L & R sides, but....

... it will look much better break the 2 part embroidery at the top of the windscreen frame where the targa top slots in anyway & there is a line on the cars - if they can do that?? confused24.gif

... or if they at least split the artwork & embroidery behind the rear of the sail panel or in front of the windshield bottom maybe??? confused24.gif

IPB Image

Just a thought I had when I first looked at your hats Mike, but forgot until I just looked at your pix again.

Sarah has my info now!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Cuda911
Bump. Come on you slackers, you know you want one.
walterolin
One.

Olin
Montreal914
Mike,

Will you be at Bruce's swap meet Sunday with some hats? beerchug.gif
Cuda911
^^^ Haven't had the hats made up yet. Need more orders still.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jul 10 2015, 09:50 PM) *

Mike,

Will you be at Bruce's swap meet Sunday with some hats? beerchug.gif

I think the idea is to get 50+ orders for Mike to get the GB run made, then he'd have hats.

But maybe you can get Bruce to talk it up on Sunday to get folks off their arses & sign up for them to make the minimum! confused24.gif cheer.gif

Don't let this one end like the California orders for repro `70's blue/yellow plates fell short of the minumum! icon_bump.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914-300Hemi
Please put me down for 2.
jeeperjohn56
Mike, sent Sara a email for a order.Thanks John
Cuda911
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jul 11 2015, 10:06 AM) *

Please put me down for 2.

Hi Ravi, Please email Sara with the info. per Post #1 in this thread, so that we can add you to the list. Thanks!
napasteve
Hey it's summer, buy a damn hat!!!!!!!!
Jett
Ordered 2 -- thanks!
Cuda911
OK, we have the 50!

We'll wait a bit for any stragglers, so get yer orders in quick or forever live with the shame, dejection, and sorrow for what "might have been."
Tom_T
Mike,

Do they have the ability to add an "S" to the 914 in that Porsche badge script & center it on the front center seam at "91-4S" on my 2?

It would also work for the guys that were asking for 914-6 the same way.

If not, no biggie, I'll just do something else at a later date.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Andyrew
To confirm there are only two color options here and they are the ones shown in the first post?
Cuda911
Correct, two color options, as per first post. As also noted, the blue thread on the beige hat will be a "bluer" shade. No other modifications.

Thanks, guys!
Michelj13
Ordered one, sent email, hope not too late.
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 14 2015, 05:27 AM) *

Correct, two color options, as per first post. As also noted, the blue thread on the beige hat will be a "bluer" shade. No other modifications.

Thanks, guys!

One of each for me.
Cuda911
^^^ Perfecto! Please email Sara with the info.

The project is a definite "go"!
Cuda911

The GB closes this Friday (July 17) at noon.

So, for any stragglers, email Sara with your order info. per Post #1 in this thread.

Sara will start sending out the PayPal payment requests shortly.

Thanks all for making this work!
daraho9146
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 9 2015, 01:28 PM) *

A week or so ago, I posted some pix of a 914 hat that I designed for myself.

It seems like lots of others would like the hats too, so I'm setting up a group buy. Sara will be doing the hard work, I'm just her peon.

Here's the deal:

1) The hats will be offered in two color schemes, as in these pix. But, I'm going to make the blue 914 car outline (on the beige hat) more of a darker shade (more "blue").

2) In order for this to work, I need a MINIMUM of 50 hats total, and a MINIMUM of 12 in each color.

3) The hats are high quality cotton, with a size-adjustment buckle in the back. The car outline and 914 are embroidered. They are "one size fits most."

4) Please realize that I am just Joe Schmoe, not a retail vendor. I have no way to accommodate "special" orders/requests.

5) Price: $25 per hat plus $2 each to help defray our packaging, mailing, and Paypal fees.

6) CON-US only. Sorry, too much of a PITA to mail overseas. Maybe at some future time, once we get this stuff figured out, we can see about accommodating our international 914 aficionados.

So, to see if we can generate enough orders to reach the 50, send the following info. to Sara at: jems2junque@yahoo.com

a) Number of hats total.

b) Number of each color.

c) Your name, your 914World screen name, email address, shipping address, and phone number.

If we get the required number (minimum 50), I will get the hats made up and Sara will send out Paypal requests to you for payment.

If we don't get the required 50, I'll enjoy my hats by myself. smile.gif

I'll take a blue one.

Admin Edit: Personal Info Removed!
poke.gif
Andyrew
Cuda, as soon as you copy this info can you PM an admin to have them remove the details on this post? /\

I would hate to have this persons info public....
Cuda911
Dan, got you added to the list.

Andrew, will do.
Cuda911
Bump for final orders. Get 'em in quick.

Sara is sending out PayPal payment notices to those who have requested hats. Once payments have been received, we will get the order in to the embroidery company. They said they need about a week turnaround.

Then we'll get 'em sent out to you! smile.gif
napasteve
Much thanks to you and Sara!! Looking forward to sporting the tan 914 cap in N Cal.
sb914
Sent PayPal thanks for this.
Eddy
RazorbackFan78
email sent to sarah for one of each color. thx!
Tom_T
QUOTE(napasteve @ Jul 15 2015, 09:08 PM) *

Much thanks to you and Sara!! Looking forward to sporting the tan 914 cap in N Cal.

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif

.... well except for the NoCal part! shades.gif

Big Thanx to Mike & Sara! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
tavoman27
please count me in with at least 2 sets (2 blue and 2 of the light brown)
Cuda911
Thanks, Tavo. Please email Sara per the info in Post #1 in this thread, and we'll get you added to the order sheet!
914_teener
I'm in........I send my info when I get home from work tonight.

On the train in.
Cuda911
LAST CALL FOR ALCOHOL !!

OK, folks, closing the GB today, so a last shout out to stragglers:

Email Sara TODAY with your hat order info., as per Post #1 in the thread.

Thanks, all!
Cuda911
Update: 100% of you have paid.. wow... I am impressed!!

The order will go in to the embroidery company on Monday. He needs about a week for production, then they will be shipped to me and Sara will get them in the mail to you.

I'm ordering a few extras, so if some last minute stragglers want one, let me know.

Remember, never too early to think about Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, birthdays, and misc. gift occasions.
Cuda911
UPDATE:

The hats are here! Sara will start getting them sent out shortly.

The embroidery process took a bit longer than anticipated. The artwork was re-digitized, and the quality of the final embroidery is better than in my original two hat prototypes.

Very pleased with how they turned out.

napasteve
Coolio!! Thx again for your efforts.
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif Looking forward to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.