Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear window channel fuzzy strip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I can't find where the early doors used a fuzzy strip in the rear window channel. It just seems wrong when the late doors had one. Am I missing something or does the glass flop around in the rear channel?

I looked at 914Rubber.com and they do show a rear fuzzy but the part number (914.542.171.14) returns 73-76 when I Google it. Mark's part number is 914LFWF so I wonder if that means "Late Door Window Fuzzy"?

Trying to get the '72 put back together after 30 years is tough....

EARLY:
Click to view attachment

LATE (showing part 18 as a fuzzy strip):
Click to view attachment
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jul 13 2015, 10:49 AM) *

I can't find where the early doors used a fuzzy strip in the rear window channel. It just seems wrong when the late doors had one. Am I missing something or does the glass flop around in the rear channel?

I looked at 914Rubber.com and they do show a rear fuzzy but the part number (914.542.171.14) returns 73-76 when I Google it. Mark's part number is 914LFWF so I wonder if that means "Late Door Window Fuzzy"?

Trying to get the '72 put back together after 30 years is tough....

EARLY:
Click to view attachment

LATE (showing part 18 as a fuzzy strip):
Click to view attachment

you could send Mark a message he would know, i have a 70 and i just looked and there is no fuzzy in there. that's not to say there should be one and some where along the line it was taken out .......
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Jul 13 2015, 11:54 AM) *

you could send Mark a message he would know, i have a 70 and i just looked and there is no fuzzy in there. that's not to say there should be one and some where along the line it was taken out .......

Thanks for taking the time to check - cheers!
cpavlenko
My 71 has none.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(cpavlenko @ Jul 13 2015, 12:12 PM) *

My 71 has none.

Thank you - it is starting to look like it doesn't have one and never did.
rhodyguy
iirc the plastic piece on the bottom rear of the window rides in the track. the early end cap kind of helps with window wiggle. i think mark sells repros of those.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 13 2015, 12:26 PM) *

iirc the plastic piece on the bottom rear of the window rides in the track. the early end cap kind of helps with window wiggle. i think mark sells repros of those.

Mr. Rhododendron,

As I start getting more pieces assembled and out of storage I think you are right about the guide riding in the channel. Early doors/windows are weird....

Now where did I put the windows?
Kansas 914
This is the driver's door showing the rear and center lifts.

The front is guided by the metal piece attached to the window glass with tiny rollers.

I am getting closer!

Click to view attachment
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jul 13 2015, 12:05 PM) *

This is the driver's door showing the rear and center lifts.

The front is guided by the metal piece attached to the window glass with tiny rollers.

I am getting closer!

Click to view attachment

Yup looks just like mine,except mine is orange.

biggrin.gif
SLITS
While replacing the early doors with late doors and the "good" window lift mechanism is a great idea, it's way to late now. sad.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 13 2015, 01:43 PM) *

While replacing the early doors with late doors and the "good" window lift mechanism is a great idea, it's way to late now. sad.gif

Ron,

I debated "upgrading" to late doors but trying to keep this one very close to concours, but then I doubt I would lose points for it. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.