Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yippee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I got some stuff done today. Motor may be going in next weekend.

Allan

Allan
Here she is.

ClayPerrine
Looking real good!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Should be spectacular with new paint....
Like me, you probably can't wait to driving.gif it!!!

Allan
Oh yeah. I just drool over being able to take it back out on the road. I am really looking forward to getting all the mechanicals dialed in the way I want and then doing all the little personal things.
KevinP
Allen, It looks like you didn't have to do any rust work at all!

KP clap.gif
Allan
I actually got pretty lucky with the rust in the hell hole. It did go through the firewall and rotted out the floor under the passenger seat. I had a patch welded for now that should last awhile but I plan on eventually replacing the entire rear floor.
skline
Is that the car you are bringing down for a finish up and fire it up party? This should be good. We will get it running and take them all for a cruise down Harbor Blvd to the ocean and take a little test drive up PCH. I can see it now, 8 or 10 914's in a row going through Newport Beach.
Allan
Yep, that's the one. You think I'll actually get to drive it? I thought it had to run 20 minutes. Change the oil, complete cooldown (overnight?), readjust valves, etc. It would be great if it actually gets to be driven.
skline
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 26 2005, 10:13 PM)
Yep, that's the one. You think I'll actually get to drive it? I thought it had to run 20 minutes. Change the oil, complete cooldown (overnight?), readjust valves, etc. It would be great if it actually gets to be driven.

20 minute cam break in, yes, drain oil, yes, overnight cool down? I never heard of that one. I have built only about 8 motors and did everything but the cool down and drove them as soon as everything was dialed in. Never had a problem. driving.gif
Allan
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 26 2005, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 26 2005, 10:13 PM)
Yep, that's the one.  You think I'll actually get to drive it?  I thought it had to run 20 minutes.  Change the oil, complete cooldown (overnight?), readjust valves, etc.  It would be great if it actually gets to be driven.

20 minute cam break in, yes, drain oil, yes, overnight cool down? I never heard of that one. I have built only about 8 motors and did everything but the cool down and drove them as soon as everything was dialed in. Never had a problem. driving.gif

I just thought you had to let it get cold for the valve re-adjustment. If it's not necessary, I would rather go driving. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.