Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS fuel line upgrade questions...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dangerranger01
So right meow i've got a relocated fuel pump from a PO. I do not know what it takes to install stainless steel lines with this modification. Looking at Tangerine Racing site, they offer an adapter and an option for relocated pump...what is this for? Should I upgrade other lines since i'm replacing the plstic with stainless? Why does CFR offer different degree adapters?

I haven't pulled my tank so i'm not sure what is under there. Just trying to figure out what is best for me.

Appreciate any help or links to installs.

IPB Image

IPB Image

dangerranger01
Also, is there some sort of clamp for my shifter at firewall cover? It looks like mine is missing and the cover is loose...
mepstein
call tangerine and order what they suggest. I have been very happy with their products - as are most 914 owners
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 19 2015, 07:37 PM) *

call tangerine and order what they suggest. I have been very happy with their products - as are most 914 owners

agree.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 19 2015, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 19 2015, 07:37 PM) *

agree.gif

Chris is a stand up guy!
dangerranger01
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 19 2015, 04:37 PM) *

Dang, i'm a gen y kid so i hate calling...but i guess I will now. Didn't know how busy Chris is, but I suppose i know what i'll be doing tomorrow...

Thanks!
vw505
I got the large line and adapter and ended up not using the adapter.
dangerranger01
So when would you use the adapter? Are the lines different sized when you use another fuel pump, or when you don't have a relocated pump? I'm just confused on that part...I guess when I call tomorrow or later this week, Chris will clear it up...
vw505
I used a large outlet adapter from my pump to my SS line and a large tee fitting out back by the carbs.
ChrisFoley
The tank outlet is larger (9.5mm) than the filter inlet (8mm).
Therefore you will need an adapter between the tank and filter.
It looks like a straight one will fit in the trunk before the filter.
The size tunnel supply line you want is 8mm, which is the same size as everything else after the tank in your setup.
EdwardBlume
I relocated the fuel pump to the front with the AA kit (my bad). Vapor lock actually did happen...

Use the SS line from CF. That's what is required for any 914 IMHO.
AndyB
I would recommend CFR fuel lines he is the original maker and offers different kits call and explain what your doing.
dangrouche
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Jul 19 2015, 05:59 PM) *

So when would you use the adapter? Are the lines different sized when you use another fuel pump, or when you don't have a relocated pump? I'm just confused on that part...I guess when I call tomorrow or later this week, Chris will clear it up...

that adaptor is for transitioning to the OEM cube fuel filter, (which has two different sized inlet and outlets); its for the stock location, under the hell hole
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Oct 5 2015, 11:03 AM) *

that adaptor is for transitioning to the OEM cube fuel filter, (which has two different sized inlet and outlets); its for the stock location, under the hell hole

People run into additional uses for the adapters depending on other fuel system modifications being done/considered.
A recent sale included one u-bend adapter and one 90 degree adapter so the owner could install a 9.5mm tunnel line in a '76 model 914 with stock FI engine, and have the option to convert his engine to a big six without replacing the tunnel line again.
dangerranger01
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 5 2015, 05:52 AM) *

I relocated the fuel pump to the front with the AA kit (my bad). Vapor lock actually did happen...

Use the SS line from CF. That's what is required for any 914 IMHO.

Rob, did you get it after you relocated the pump?

I purchased the complete tank to engine kit from Tangerine with the relocation to frunk option. I got the long adapter. The whole kit is super nice and looks very well made. I plan to install this later in fall when the car goes up on jack stands for the winter.

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Oct 5 2015, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(dangrouche @ Oct 5 2015, 11:03 AM) *

People run into additional uses for the adapters depending on other fuel system modifications being done/considered.
A recent sale included one u-bend adapter and one 90 degree adapter so the owner could install a 9.5mm tunnel line in a '76 model 914 with stock FI engine, and have the option to convert his engine to a big six without replacing the tunnel line again.

I guess I never thought about that. I may plan to do a swap in teh future, didn't think of installing larger lines in the tunnel. How much does that really matter? Isn't it all about the liter/hr of the pump, not so much on the fuel line diameter? Chris, can you school me on this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.