Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing rigid plastic tubing for MC feed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
OK, what's the trick for getting that rigid plastic tubing on the metal tube that feeds the top of the MC? Tried WD40, warming it up, trying to stretch on a punch, etc. After 10 -15 of struggling I get it about half way with no further success.

Got the metal tubes in the freezer now wondering if they"ll "shrink" enough to help slide on the plastic tubing... wishful thinking...

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
MAD914
I used a "countersink" bit. I just held the bit in my fingers, inserted it into the tubing, and twisted gently until I "beveled" the inside edge of the tubing. Then I rinsed it with 90 percent rubbing alcohol to make sure I got all the shavings out, and blew some compressed air through it. Metal inserts went in OK after that.
falcor75
Hot air gun, warm the plastic carefully and evenly and then its just a matter of being quick pushing it onto the metal pipe. I did it outside of the car tho and then installed the MC complete with the hoses into the car.
jimkelly
to me, it seemed that pushing LESS HARD was the trick. also there is supposed to be some washer in there between each tube and mc, i think.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...;section=604-00
SKL1
Yes, definitely a washer on MC under rubber grommet. Gonna try heat gun again...

Did this many years ago on the '71- I HATE working with brake fluid!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.