Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bigger jugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
I have some 96mm pistons/slip on jugs, 8:1 compression, they are still in the box waiting to be installed. The engine is a 2.0 with D Jet and a stock cam. I have scoured the site and there appears to be no consensus of opinion regarding running D Jet with these PC, some say they are plug and play others that the MPS must be tuned. I am interested to hear members experience before I install, I don't want to create any more problems.

Thanks
11tenths
Waiting for Joe Bob to weigh in... rolleyes.gif
McMark
Generally, you could just bump the fuel pressure a bit and be fine. But if you're going to go for it, I would strongly recommend installing a wideband O2 gauge so you can monitor the mixture. Swapping cams or heads would have a large impact on how the D-Jet performs. A stock cam and heads with 96 P&C isn't drastically changing anything.
Mblizzard
As Mark said the AF guage is key to setting the MPS. I have no data to back it up but the FJ67 fuel injectors can reportedly deliver a bit more fuel. Running the on my 2056 that Mark built for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.