Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ls to boxster S trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stacks914
Does anyone know of an inexpensive(imagine that) way to mate the LS engine to the boXster S trans?

Thanks in advance!
mgp4591
QUOTE(Stacks914 @ Jul 30 2015, 12:52 AM) *

Does anyone know of an inexpensive(imagine that) way to mate the LS engine to the boXster S trans?

Thanks in advance!

Have you checked Kennedy Engineering for an adapter plate? Also I believe BIGKAT 83 was working on a similar setup but his may be a 6 spd. Someone around here is doing it- do a search and I'm sure you'll get lucky!
Stacks914
Yep checked with K.E.... Might just be experiencing sticker shock... Mine is a 6 as well it's the boxster S trans. Have a email into another guy. Any help would be appreciated.
BIGKAT_83
Yep a little higher priced than the SBC adapters.
Mueller
And the price is?

Stacks914
This is the email I got from K.E.

Our kit for the LS series engine to the '00 - '02 Boxster S is $1,800.00 USD (Adapter kit includes: Adapter plate, flywheel, pilot bearing and bolts)
Our kits are designed to work with the factory LS starter or we have an after market starter for $235.00
Our kits are designed to work with the factory Boxster S clutch or we have our heavy duty clutch kit for $954.00 (Clutch Kits include: Pressure plate, disc, throw out bearing and bolts)

eric@kitcarchassis.com has quoted me $1595 with clutch and everything plus adding 350 for an upgraded clutch to fit my hp aplication.

Bigkat what adapter did you wind up going with?
Mike Bellis
av-943.gif

There is no way to add a Boxster S tranny cheap unless you go with an Audi motor. Then it's a direct bolt on.

You coule always machine your own. That would be cheap(er)...
Stacks914
Can I turbo the Audi motor to 5-600hp.....I already got the 70mm turbo evilgrin.gif But shit might look into it if it can be done cheap.... I need 500 hp At least

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 30 2015, 07:21 PM) *

av-943.gif

There is no way to add a Boxster S tranny cheap unless you go with an Audi motor. Then it's a direct bolt on.

Stacks914
Yea and I thought it would be $350 and you could use ls clutch. And yes while the money is rediculous once it is all said and done the LS motor would be a better and cheaper platform to,build excessive amounts of power. So really it's a minor hiccup. I am almost done working on this 75 I bought from a member and then it will be full speed ahead on the 72. Oh and yes the chassis will be stiffened and lugs/brakes upgraded
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Stacks914 @ Jul 31 2015, 12:34 AM) *

Can I turbo the Audi motor to 5-600hp.....I already got the 70mm turbo evilgrin.gif But shit might look into it if it can be done cheap.... I need 500 hp At least

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 30 2015, 07:21 PM) *

av-943.gif

An Audi 1.8L can put out 600+ HP. Imagine what you could do with a 4.2L V8 twin turbo... happy11.gif
Stacks914
yea I was looking at the metal and that is not cheap! What was the build where the guy fabbed his own? Really you can spend 1800 on a clutch and flywheel for the engine and trans so the kit might not be all that bad. I already got the motor and the trans so I got to get the shit together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.