Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling L-Jetronic experts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RohJay
I purchased my car already converted to Dual Weber IDF 40's.
I am interested in reverting to Fuel Injection.
It is a '75 1.8 ( Code EC), which I believe requires the L-Jetronic system.

I will post a Want Ad on the classifieds for a COMPLETE, FUNCTIONAL assembly.
Failing which, I anticipate having to source individual parts; the composition of which I am at a loss.

I have found this Lapuwali blog entry listing all parts pertaining to D-Jet retrofit.

I would very much appreciate a similar parts list for the L-Jet system.

Thanks in advance
Rohantha
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(RohJay @ Jul 31 2015, 05:24 AM) *

I purchased my car already converted to Dual Weber IDF 40's.
I am interested in reverting to Fuel Injection.
It is a '75 1.8 ( Code EC), which I believe requires the L-Jetronic system.

I will post a Want Ad on the classifieds for a COMPLETE, FUNCTIONAL assembly.
Failing which, I anticipate having to source individual parts; the composition of which I am at a loss.

I have found this Lapuwali blog entry listing all parts pertaining to D-Jet retrofit.

I would very much appreciate a similar parts list for the L-Jet system.

Thanks in advance
Rohantha

The good news is that newly all the parts are going to be available from people on the board.
Mark Henry
I have every single part except the fuel pump off of my running 1.8 1974

I put the info over on your ad in the for sale section as it's a more appropriate place.
RohJay
I've manged to purchase a '75 1.8 L-Jet FI system.... with some missing components.

Now I need to figure out what is missing.

Please look over the parts below and indicate else is needed.

Thanks in advance
Mikey914
QUOTE(RohJay @ Aug 6 2015, 07:44 AM) *

I've manged to purchase a '75 1.8 L-Jet FI system.... with some missing components.

Now I need to figure out what is missing.

Please look over the parts below and indicate else is needed.

Thanks in advance

Hoses? Looks like something is funky with the injector harness. May want to have Bowlsby do you up a new one. Not a lot of fun to chase problems that are from bad wires.
rhodyguy
look closely at the large elbow that connects the air flow sensor to the throttle body before you install it. even a tiny crack or split will screw things up. remember to buy a appropriate fuel pump, new phenolic gaskets, might as well new injector seals, oil fill tower gasket…all the disposables. prob send the injectors out for refurbish. any vac leaks and you'll have a permanent low idle.
914fahrer
I miss the resistor pack

Click to view attachment

Gruss Ralf
Geezer914
You can block off the decel valve. It is a waste of time. As some one said, check that large elbow for cracks. I had rough idle problems. The elbow looked good and everything else checked out. Then I found a small crack right on the edge of the top hose clamp, on the bottom of the elbow. Replaced the elbow and it runs smooth.
Valy
Fuel rails are missing.
Y splitter for vacuum hose.
Dave_Darling
I see both fuel rails, and all four injectors.

The resistor pack is not evident, as 914fahrer said.

Fuel hoses and vacuum lines should be replaced regardless, as they are almost certainly old and brittle and either cracked now or about to start.

I don't see the "manifold boots", the ~2.5" wide ~3" long vacuum hoses that go from the plenum ("intake air distributor") to the intake runner pipes. Then again, those should be replaced anyway.

Look for a CHT sensor in your right-side cylinder head near the #3 spark plug. If it's not there, you'll need to pick one up and install it.

I don't see a fuel pressure regulator.

I don't see a fuel pump. But pretty much any pump that can supply the specified pressure and volume should work.

Note that the above items may still be present; I'm just not seeing them at this time. (Took me a couple of looks through to see the second fuel rail and injectors, for instance.)

--DD
RohJay
My appreciation to all those who commented.

Especially to DD... that was THOROUGH and exactly what I was hoping for. :-)

I have so far purchased the Resistor Pack, Manifold Boots and Fuel Pump.
The CHT and Fuel Press Reg are new to me.

Will source those from from Pelican.

Thanks again !!!
RohJay
L-Jet system has eventually reached me in Sri Lanka and today we finally test fitted system... and it runs!
Getting it to run smoothly will happen soon enough I hope.

I am trying to figure out where the in the engine compartment, the following components should be placed:

1. Thermo Time Switch (TTS)
2. Auxiliary Air Valve (AAV)
3. Injector Resistor Pack
4. Deceleration Valve

Appreciate very much if anyone can identify the respective locations... pictures would be even better.

Thanks
914fahrer
Hello

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I hope this help`s you

Gruss Ralf
Mueller
To help trouble shoot my old Ljet system I made plugs that go into the elbow to eliminate those hoses.

I want to say that even a bad oil filler cap oring can be problematic.
RohJay
QUOTE(914fahrer @ Oct 30 2015, 11:33 PM) *

Hello

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I hope this help`s you

Gruss Ralf

Very much so. Danke Ralf
RohJay
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 30 2015, 11:44 PM) *

To help trouble shoot my old Ljet system I made plugs that go into the elbow to eliminate those hoses.

I want to say that even a bad oil filler cap oring can be problematic.

Thanks, that's an excellent idea.
I have already got back up o ring and oil filler housing gasket.
914Mike
Resistor pack and double relay both mount on the battery tray support, IIRC. Under the battery for sure...
orthobiz
Another view of the AAV before I replaced some hoses...right behind the oil dipstick.

IPB Image

Paul
RohJay
Thanks 914Mike and orthobiz.

For the benefit of others who may have the same query: here is a picture of the Double Relay (yellow arrow) and Resistor Pack ( mounted directly below).

Click to view attachment

Photo grabbed from a past ClayPerrine post...
JeffBowlsby
And here is a factory photo of the same condition:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.