Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Anklebiter debuts in the PNW!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
In case you missed it, plymouth37 (Dane) is back among us and relocating to Snoqualmie after a 3 year hiatus getting his Masters. Many of you have missed his fascinating build thread and lusted to see the car in person. Well, it's not finished yet, but Dane is planning on rolling the Anklebiter a block from his new abode to a car show in downtown Snoqualmie.

How 'bout we get a contingent of 914s to help him roll the car over and surround it with a display of less radical teeners. I'm talking to organizers of the show to get a spot reserved but I need to get an idea of how many cars we might muster.

I attended this show about 3 years ago and was impressed with the variety and quality of the cars: domestic and foreign, classics and hot rods, etc. With The Anklebiter as the centerpiece, we could make a lot of people take notice of the 914. Disclaimer: I'll have my '54 Merc instead of my 914(long, boring story).

So, chime in here and let us know if you can attend. I don't have full details of the show yet, but I'll add details as they become available.

The Anklebiter Project build thread
JRust
I'll make an attempt but can't guarantee it. So you can put me as a definite maybe confused24.gif
rhodyguy
Long boring story? Do tell. We're used to it around the pnw.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 31 2015, 08:09 PM) *

Disclaimer: I'll have my '54 Merc instead of my 914(long, boring story).

That the. . .?!?!?!? Spend the entire morning with a guy, talk about this very thing among other things and not a mention of this "Disclaimer". . .

We could get the story from Greenie if we have to. . . but I don't want to hear about his knee pads A-G-A-I-N!!!! av-943.gif

Nuttin' but time

I'll plan on being there
rhodyguy
Will the traffic be bad?
KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 1 2015, 06:03 PM) *

Will the traffic be bad?

Forecast is for cloudy with a chance of drivel.
rhodyguy
Kidding aside, let us know the date and pick a meet up time.
KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 2 2015, 05:43 AM) *

Kidding aside, let us know the date and pick a meet up time.

Well, let's see, the date is in the subtitle of the thread (Aug 16) and we'd probably need to get the 'Biter rolled into place by 8:00 AM. I still have to confirm things with the organizers once we have an idea of how many cars we're talking about. Best meeting place is probably going to be Dane's house in Snoqualmie...details to follow.
rhodyguy
OK!!! wink.gif
Daiberl
Will try to make it!
6freak

In case you missed it, plymouth37 (Dane) is back among us and relocating to Snoqualmie after a 3 year hiatus getting his Masters. Many of you have missed his fascinating build thread and lusted to see the car in person. Well, it's not finished yet, but Dane is planning on rolling the Anklebiter a block from his new abode to a car show in downtown Snoqualmie.

How 'bout we get a contingent of 914s to help him roll the car over and surround it with a display of less radical teeners. I'm talking to organizers of the show to get a spot reserved but I need to get an idea of how many cars we might muster.

I attended this show about 3 years ago and was impressed with the variety and quality of the cars: domestic and foreign, classics and hot rods, etc. With The Anklebiter as the centerpiece, we could make a lot of people take notice of the 914. Disclaimer: I'll have my '54 Merc instead of my 914(long, boring story).

So, chime in here and let us know if you can attend. I don't have full details of the show yet, but I'll add details as they become available.

possibly maybe smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 3 2015, 01:50 PM) *

possibly maybe smile.gif

Well then, we'll probably maybe look forward to seeing you. bye1.gif
rhodyguy
"POSSIBLY"
6freak
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 4 2015, 11:04 AM) *

"POSSIBLY"

Hi Marc bye1.gif
Ill possibly maybe pick you up Kevin if you like biggrin.gif I`m pretty sure I can make it
rhodyguy
well if your 'pretty sure' it sounds JUST great !!
6freak
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 4 2015, 02:15 PM) *

right on .... smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 4 2015, 02:21 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 4 2015, 02:15 PM) *

right on .... smile.gif

Excellent. It's shaping up to be a nice display. I'll supply details when I know more.

Anybody else?
rhodyguy
What's the plan Marc? unsure.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 7 2015, 11:02 AM) *

What's the plan Marc? unsure.gif

Well, since you asked nicely. poke.gif

I haven't talked to him but Dane has made it to Snoqualmie with the 'Biter...plus family of course. My thought is we meet at his house at 7:30 Sunday morning and then get our cars in place at the show, leaving space for the 'Biter. Then we walk back to Dane's house and push the 'Biter into place.

So far the attendance looks like this:

Jamie - definite maybe - now upgraded to 95% possibility
6freak - possibly likely, although if rhodyguy rides along he becomes committed
Juergen - Bumblebee is in
Aircooledtechnolgy - Nate is in
Greenie - rumor has it rhodyguy is switching horses and riding in with Greenie
Panel Billy - set to debut the Gulf blue six!

I'm bringing my Merc, haven't heard from Rich but he was looking at bringing the Creamsicle and Greenie may or may not be in town. So that gives us possibly 6 914s of various flavors to surround 'the Biter. We can always use more and this will be a nice place show some 914 love.

I'll firm up the details and give an address after I communicate with Dane and the show organizer.

Anyone else want to join the party?
plymouth37
This should be fun! pm me for my address.
PanelBilly
I may be ready to show the Gulf car. Need to put a combo gauge in it and do a dusting from all the garage time.
JRust
I'm upgraded from a definite maybe. To a 95% possibility happy11.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 8 2015, 03:26 PM) *

I may be ready to show the Gulf car. Need to put a combo gauge in it and do a dusting from all the garage time.

A second debut! That's a great idea Billy; I'm really looking forward to seeing (and hearing) that bad boy on the road.
aircooledtechguy
I hate to do this, but I must back out on Sunday's festivities. I need to spend the weekend with my Dad and assist him. He just had his second chemo treatment and I need to be with him since my mom and sisters are going to be out of town. Sorry.

I'll see you all and the Anklebiter at another GTG.
rhodyguy
props to your pops Nate. Curt and I will see you folks at 7:30 in snoqualmie. Forecast is for nice weather.
KELTY360
Sorry to hear that Nate; all the best to your father.

I haven't heard back from any of the show organizers so we'll just have to follow our plan of meeting at Dane's house at 7:30 and enter the show as a group to park together. Then we can go get the Anklebiter and push it to our spot. I will send a PM with Dane's address to all who have said they might show up. If you want the info, let me know and I'll send the address.

I'm heading to a show in Pt. Townsend tomorrow and don't know what kind of internet access I'll have so I may be out of touch....well, more so than usual.

See you all Sunday morning.
JRust
I'm planning to head up with my wife. Why don't we just bring a strap to tow him down. No brakes? How far we need to push it? I'm fine pushing if need be. Just be quicker to tow it down. Plus we could still all go in as a group? Whatever works I will see you all with my oil leaking 914. Don't have time to fix it before driving up. I'll bring a piece of cardboard so I don't leave a spot on the lawn or wherever we are parking evilgrin.gif
plymouth37
Excited to see everybody! It is a super short shove over and the car is so light I pushed it on the trailer by myself.
JRust
Yeah looking forward to it. I'm going to crash at Mike's (6Freak) saturday night. Then we'll both drive over first thing in the morning.
KELTY360
I talked to the guy in charge of parking for the show. They can't save a specific spot but they can give us choices when we get there. We'll need to show up together at the gate with the running cars to determine a spot and then we can go back and get the Anklebiter. See you all at 7:30.

Eddie914
I hope to be there.
KELTY360
Excellent. Shaping up to be a nice cross section of 914s.
JRust
Yeah weather looks good too. Can't wait to see Anklebiter in person piratenanner.gif
PanelBilly
I have a bit of a leak to fix,but that's not going to stop me.
Evil Older Brother
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 8 2015, 03:26 PM) *

Let me see if the Shelby will make it that far on a tank of gas. We could be there together. By the way, fix the leak or the Sierra club freaks will be after you!
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

I was giving my family members from out of town and heard a funny notice. Turns out I sucked some of the plug wires into the fan. Not enough to mess up the fan, but enough to strip the insulation off two of them and cut the wire off the other. Note to you all. Don't grab exposed plug wires when a car is running. My eyes bugged out of my head for a few seconds.

So i won't be driving it tomorrow. Need 3 wires.
JRust
Billy come on. Their plug wires. Go get some & bring your car. I don't get up here that often. I need to see your car. I'm at 6 freaks place. We are heading over first thing in the morning
JRust
Sorry I didn't take any pics. We had 5 914's show. Only 4 of which were in the show. Lot of cool old Mopar stuff. We were literally the only Porsche's there. Still had plenty of looks on the day. Anklebiter was very cool to see in person. Really looking forward to your progress Dana. Now that you are moved back & done with school. We are all waiting evilgrin.gif
KELTY360
Good day for a car show. Early morning arrivals at Dane's.

Click to view attachment

Glad none of these guys are plumbers shades.gif
Click to view attachment

With this kind of horsepower Dane didn't need brakes.
Click to view attachment

Hanging in the sun.
Click to view attachment

The Anklebiter came in for a lot of attention.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.