Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wierd fog light issue..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falcor75
I have got a wierd issue with my foglights. I followed this: http://members.rennlist.com/demick/fogrewire.html procedure to get my foglights to act as DRL's with the ignition on. (option 1b)

With ignition on and the fog light switch pulled out the switch lights up and I get 12v on the wires to the foglights, so far all is well. But as soon as I connect a bulb to either of the wires the voltage drops to 0 volts. blink.gif

I'm kinda stumped to what's going on....
Spoke
Which one of the conversions did you do? Does the light on the switch stay on?

Best thing to do now is recheck all your wiring. If it all checks out, follow the wires back from the light fixture to the relays and on to the fuse panel. Somewhere the voltage stops. You need to find that somewhere.
Larmo63
The JWest wiring harness that is available on eBay is a good solution to the weird stock fog light arrangement on a 914. It makes the fog light switch operate totally independent of the headlight switch. I like that option because I can also flash my fogs with the high beam switch.

Much better.
falcor75
I've never been so happy about a broken relay... beerchug.gif

Edit: Just because a relay clicks it doesnt mean its ok....had the same issue with the headlight relay....I should have learned.... headbang.gif
rhodyguy
Nice! Hassle averted.
Porschef
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 3 2015, 02:32 PM) *

The JWest wiring harness that is available on eBay is a good solution to the weird stock fog light arrangement on a 914. It makes the fog light switch operate totally independent of the headlight switch. I like that option because I can also flash my fogs with the high beam switch.

Much better.

agree.gif

It's so simple to install, your fogs become intuitively usable as flashers, and should you use them at night along with the headlights, they won't go out when the brights are on, unless you turn off the switch.

A very nice upgrade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.