BCinSC
Where can I get them? unsure.gif Thanks,
Aaron Cox
AA has them....sometimes on ebay cool_shades.gif

(ducking)
Lawrence
Hi BC and welcom to the 914 Club.

I don't know of a source.

Here's a tip passed on to me. Get some RTV and vaseline. Put vaseline on the car body at the seal mating survaces. Use sparingly. Then, use a small amount of black RTV and then press them gently to the body. After the RTV cures, then tighten down the nuts. That should help create a seal, and the vaseline will prevent the RTV from sticking to your paint. You should be able to reuse them.

Let us know if you find a source for the seals!

-Rusty
BCinSC
Hi Rusty. Seen you plenty on RennList. Anyway, forgive my naivete, but RTV? wacko.gif
Lawrence
Yeah, I know that "there's no place on a 914 for RTV." But seriously, it helps create a nice new water-tight surface. Someone on Rennlist gave me that tip.

-Rusty
Aaron Cox
RTV = room temperature vulcanizing (rubberizes) at room temp. silicone
anthony
Beware, I did the vaseline thing and the tail light housings still got glued to the car. Actually one was already glued so now they match. :-) And they still leak, just a whole lot less. If I did it again I think I'd do the following:

Put lots of vaseline on the body

Put a bead of RTV on the tail light housing

Let bead partly dry so that the surface is no longer tacky

(at this point I might even talc the bead of RTV)

Press the housing against the body (I made the mistake of tightening the nuts).
djm914-6
I have the AA seals (didn't know better when I bought them). It looks like simple neroprine (SP???) rope. I remember reading... some where... that this stuff is available at places like Home Depot.

Hey Bruce, do rednecks like you know of Home Depot, or do you still just let the porch fall and see how many dogs bite it? biggrin.gif
djm914-6
IPB Image

That place down south... Squeeeeel like a pig.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.