Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project Home Coming 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
LowBridge
found this company (My Webpage) just around the corner from my home and they are cleaning the tank now for $200-$250 depending on how many times they need to dip it and inspect it.

they also offer a re-coating option ($450 and this would include the removal also) with this product (My Webpage), so this where I'm on the fence again as to if I should or should not. Personally I'm thinking that I'm not going to get it re-coated, but I figured I throw it out here for some community feedback.
r_towle
Hi,
Just up the road here n Dunstable.
I have a few spares if you need stuff.
We lived n lunenburg about 20 years ago....

Missed this thread, but welcome.png

Rich
LowBridge
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 24 2016, 08:44 PM) *

Hi,
Just up the road here n Dunstable.
I have a few spares if you need stuff.
We lived n lunenburg about 20 years ago....

Missed this thread, but welcome.png

Rich

sweet someone close I have a ton of questions about local shops for getting a few things done. maybe we can get together for a few beer3.gif . My son and I just spent Saturday up at Devens running the NER PCA autoX event with the car and had a great time.

John
LowBridge
So we are heading down the the Richmond Transmission class with DrEvil and decided to pull the engine and not just the transmission. I figured we could clean up the engine area and get to a few items that need attention.

Well the engine is out and the transmission is ready for Richmond, one of the things I wanted to look at was the oil cooler because this summer was hotter than normal and the engine was running warmer than it did last year.

I removed the tins and look at what I found.. no cooling flaps to include all the needed parts to complete this cooling process.

Question now is do I really need it (I feel I do) but I wanted to get the opinion of the community before I start looking for a few hundred dollars worth of parts because I'm going to need it all.

Dave_Darling
Yes, you need them. Find whomever built the motor and slap them for omitting the flaps.

--DD
76-914
While your in there you may want to replace the seal on the oil cooler. I noticed that 914rubber is supplying those now.
LowBridge
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 13 2017, 11:31 AM) *

While your in there you may want to replace the seal on the oil cooler. I noticed that 914rubber is supplying those now.

good idea.. thank you
LowBridge
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 12 2017, 04:51 PM) *

Yes, you need them. Find whomever built the motor and slap them for omitting the flaps.

--DD

well.. off the the classified area to post a WTB
LowBridge
well the odometer is finally fixed and I have replaced all the lens with glass for PP. It's a good winter project. The red circle is the gear that was slipping and following the links on fixing this is good to go now..
LowBridge
Also went down to VA and attended the DrEvil class and that was a ton of fun.
r_towle
hows the project going?

Rich
LowBridge
really good.. I only have a few more rubber items to replace in the engine bay area and I'm going to also install CFR's firewall shifter bushing along with upgrading the fuel lines in the bay to a braided lines with AN fittings (did the tunnel lines last winter), new clutch cable, new inboard CV's (need to order these and the bushing from CFR along with a few other items).

on track for spring at this point...

did you get your heater installed?
LowBridge
finished almost all of the winter projects and it's back on the road again as of today.. long winters suck for driving but are fantastic for procastinators like me with projects lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.