Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: type 4 on dual sidedraft sk's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JesseMRaymond
Hello fellow teeners! first post. love the forum. I just started work on my 14 that i bought in 2000 and stored for the last 15. Im going to put twin 40mm SK DCOE's with an Electromotive HPV-1 ignition on top. usually before i start a project ill google search for pictures and find that theres many people that have gone down the road already...not the case with sidedrafts on a flat four. I realize many have done carbs of other flavors. interested in input from anyone for the pros and cons. working on 3d model of intakes now. will post pics when its less theoretical.
Mikey914
Clearance issues I suspect.

Welcome to 914world! Yes you can get a lot of info from the collective here. Pictures are always appreciated.

Mark Henry
QUOTE(JesseMRaymond @ Aug 15 2015, 09:54 AM) *

Hello fellow teeners! first post. love the forum. I just started work on my 14 that i bought in 2000 and stored for the last 15. Im going to put twin 40mm SK DCOE's with an Electromotive HPV-1 ignition on top. usually before i start a project ill google search for pictures and find that theres many people that have gone down the road already...not the case with sidedrafts on a flat four. I realize many have done carbs of other flavors. interested in input from anyone for the pros and cons. working on 3d model of intakes now. will post pics when its less theoretical.

I wouldn't do this, just sell them and buy IDF's.

The only reason i'd use the DCOE is if I was going to gut them to use upright as TB's for FI, they have the same manifold bolt pattern as a IDF.
rick 918-S
I have seen a car with them posted here on the forum a long time ago. No reason that wouldn't work. keep the manifolds short to prevent fuel cooling in the thin tube walls of the runners. If causes condensation. Always thought that would be a good idea for a type 3 with a type IV conversion with a low clearance engine cover. welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.