Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Centre "deposit '' box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
porschetub
I have info and measurements from Jeffs website for the centre console,I would prefer to have the so called "deposit box''.
Anyone have a similar measurement plan or do I just build the main section off Jeffs plan and go from there?.
I want it to look/fit as close to original as possible,thanks.
orthobiz
Link to the Bowlsby page?

Paul
porschetub
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Aug 17 2015, 11:04 AM) *

Link to the Bowlsby page?

Paul

Sorry Paul I'am not much good @ links,try Google search "914 centre console and you then select Images ,I found it on there.
mepstein
I bought a brand new one from Morph for $90
porschetub
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 17 2015, 10:53 PM) *

I bought a brand new one from Morph for $90

Didn't he stop making them some time back?
914_teener
My 73 has an original.....want me to send a pic or post PM me
porschetub
QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 26 2015, 12:37 PM) *

My 73 has an original.....want me to send a pic or post PM me

Thanks thats very kind of you ,just email some pics to me,I have a few but need to get all angles to get it right,have materials ready to go,much appreciated.
Mikey914
Stocking James' consuls -
http://shop.914rubber.com/914-Center-Console-Box-914DP.htm

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 15 2015, 05:26 PM) *

I have info and measurements from Jeffs website for the centre console,I would prefer to have the so called "deposit box''.
Anyone have a similar measurement plan or do I just build the main section off Jeffs plan and go from there?.

Are you referring to this.....
Click to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 10 2015, 04:44 PM) *

Click to view attachment

There you go...that is exactly what mine looks like but Pat's is WAY cleaner than my car right now.

Do you still need the measurements?
914_teener
...Or were you talking about the plastic center section underneath the center cushion.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914_teener @ Sep 11 2015, 11:36 AM) *

...Or were you talking about the plastic center section underneath the center cushion.

The "deposit box", as Porsche marketing called it, was/is a compartment from the lower center of the dashboard on early 914's to the floor. It was affixed top and bottom with stainless hardware, carpeted on the sides, a vinyl floor and that was it. Was meant to hold the deitris of your commute.

Some places who should know better (Auto Atlanta) will attempt to make you believe that it was the center console on later year 914s. They are (typically) incorrect. There's a huge difference between a "deposit box" and a "console". Don't be fooled by the fools!
Pat
914_teener
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 11 2015, 05:05 PM) *

The "deposit box", as Porsche marketing called it, was/is a compartment from the lower center of the dashboard on early 914's to the floor. It was affixed top and bottom with stainless hardware, carpeted on the sides, a vinyl floor and that was it. Was meant to hold the deitris of your commute.

Some places who should know better (Auto Atlanta) will attempt to make you believe that it was the center console on later year 914s. They are (typically) incorrect. There's a huge difference between a "deposit box" and a "console". Don't be fooled by the fools!
Pat

Thanks for the clarification Pat.

Mine is a 73 with the interior like your car. Deposit box and a center console. The pad comes out and underneath is the "plastic" center which the center console pad sits.

Good to see you posting again.
porschetub
QUOTE(914_teener @ Sep 12 2015, 05:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 10 2015, 04:44 PM) *

Click to view attachment

There you go...that is exactly what mine looks like but Pat's is WAY cleaner than my car right now.

Do you still need the measurements?

If you could that would be great,thanks a lot.
porschetub
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 12 2015, 12:05 PM) *

Pat

agree.gif .
Johny Blackstain
What would be the correct designation for the box between the seats? Center box? Not arguing anything here, I own 2 teeners (one w/ a center console & one w/ a deposit box), just wondering what to call the box between the seats.
23e Heure
I believe the box between the seats is referred to as the "Centre Console Box".

Does anyone know the dimensions of this box including pad dimensions?

My car is off having works done, so I can't go measure up... My box has the 2 'compartment' solid plastic tray insde the box.

Thanks!
Biggles
I asked the same question about the Deposit Box last year, and one of the guys on here got me the measurements, hopefully you can read them:

Click to view attachment
malcolm2
I love using mine. I bought a tan one that was in pretty bad shape.... kinda like the rest of my car, looks-wise. Looks decent in my black interior. But it is perfect. The gauge one is a total waste of space. I mounted 4 gauges across the dash, right above it.

Throw anything in there. Not a bad cup holder either. I clip my garage door opener to it. Keep a screwdriver and a couple can koozies, phone charger in there.

The greatest!
erwindv
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 11 2015, 12:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Pat,

Seen your pic of the central deposit box.
Would it be possible for you to take a picture from the bracket at the top of the box and the way the deposit box is attached to the dash because I am missing this piece and have no clue how it looks like.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Erwin
914_teener
Erwin,

Finally got around to restoring the carpet in my car.

Here are a couple of shots:

First is the right hand side where the screw goes.

Click to view attachment

Second is the bracket on the left hand side looking up at it. I will be taking the box out to do the interior carpet. do you need details on the bracket as well?

Click to view attachment
erwindv
QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 12 2017, 02:04 AM) *

Erwin,

Finally got around to restoring the carpet in my car.

Here are a couple of shots:

First is the right hand side where the screw goes.

Click to view attachment

Second is the bracket on the left hand side looking up at it. I will be taking the box out to do the interior carpet. do you need details on the bracket as well?

Click to view attachment

Thanks a lot for the pictures.
And yes if it is possible for you, I 'll be glad to have some shots of the bracket too

I've already taken my box apart and building a new one out of hardboard.

Erwin
Biggles
Erwin

this is the bracket (well, 2 in this photo)
erwindv
QUOTE(Biggles @ Jun 3 2017, 04:47 PM) *

Erwin

Thank you very much for the pic

Erwin
malcolm2
before you spend a lot of time getting the top bracket just right, install the box WITHOUT that bracket. Mine wedged in just behind the knee pad and I decided not to bother with the bracket.

Just a thought, won't cost anything to try.
914_teener
QUOTE(erwindv @ Feb 10 2017, 10:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 11 2015, 12:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Pat,

Seen your pic of the central deposit box.
Would it be possible for you to take a picture from the bracket at the top of the box and the way the deposit box is attached to the dash because I am missing this piece and have no clue how it looks like.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Erwin

Erwin...

I just took mine out.

Life kicked in......so finally had time.

I.ll post it tonight when I get home if you like.
914_teener
QUOTE(Biggles @ Jun 3 2017, 07:47 AM) *

Erwin

This is exactly what it looks like.

For what it is worth.....I donmt want mine any more.

The deposit box or the bracket.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
toolguy
PM sent on bracket to last poster
If anyone has more photos of these (and the way they've been used) I'd love to see them.
malcolm2
QUOTE(98101 @ Feb 8 2018, 03:37 AM) *

If anyone has more photos of these (and the way they've been used) I'd love to see them.

I could not find a good photo. This is the only one I found. Mine is not screwed in and I don't use the bracket. It is wedged in pretty tight.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.