Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puget Sound 914s...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
red914
just putting feelers out now. how does march 12 cound for a 9:14 breakfast? chowtime.gif

dino says that cafe destino in bremerton is good. it would have the advantage of being right off the ferry ride for you east sounders. think of the photo opportunities with a bunch of 914s on the ferry going through rich passage... rolleyes.gif

again, i am just looking for feedback on this idea.

thanks
Bleyseng
yeah sure, I'll be sure to drive the truck dry.gif
smooth_eddy
I might be up for it if this nice weather holds. Heck, I bet I would be the only 914 on the green and white monster. Eddy
rhodyguy
yes. this is very important, how are the pancakes?

kevin
Rocky
I would absolutly love to take the orange beast out and dust it off, but I won't return from biz trip until Saturday afternoon. headbang.gif Definatly my loss. sad.gif

Cheers, Tim beer3.gif
Dave Blackburn
I have a wedding on the 12th.
To bad, would be fun!
Dave
Rand
I can't make it that day. sad.gif

Feedback on the idea: YES! That would be sofa king cool. Thanks for putting the feelers out.
red914
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 1 2005, 06:10 PM)
yes. this is very important, how are the pancakes?

kevin

dino, you want to field this? i have never eaten at cafe destino, so i wouldn't know.

we could, instead, meet at some crowded little cafe on bainbridge island and eat small, expensive, wholewheat muffins. barf.gif

i was hoping to inspire a visit to kitsap county. unfortunately i don't get to eat out very often (actuall never for breakies).

i hear the cafe at central market here in poulsbo has good bisquits and gravy! chowtime.gif

is there any interest? thanks kevin, for jumping right in. if nothing else maybe you can come up, eh?
Bleyseng
biscuits and gravy? barf.gif

I'd rather eat the whole wheat pancakes and flax muffins on Bainbridge Island.
Gobstopper
I'd definitly go, but I don't really have transportation since that telephone pole had to vandalize my car. Actually I do know of a non-clubber who owns a 914 and may be willing to go, chances are no but ill try.
red914
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Mar 1 2005, 08:14 PM)
biscuits and gravy? barf.gif

I'd rather eat the whole wheat pancakes and flax muffins on Bainbridge Island.

c'mon, Geoff, bisquits and gravy is a great breakfast; it fills you up, and keeps your innards well lubed to boot! laugh.gif
ablose58
I'm interested biggrin.gif
red914
kewl, Al. clap.gif what do you think of the proposed venue? any other ideas for a meetin' place? i know very little about the south sound. confused24.gif
Root_Werks
idea.gif My teener will be under the knife, but my wife and I can take her 944.
DNHunt
I can do it, but then you guys gotta come by my place and help me put the old 2.0 back in my car.

Could be pancakes in the morning and beer and brats in the afternoon.

Dave
red914
you make a tempting offer, sir. maybe that will attract more interest! smash.gif

still waiting to hear what dino has to say about the pancakes at cafe destino. i wish i knew more about breakfast places on the peninsula. any other ideas out there? make sure there are flax muffins for Geoff! laugh.gif
dinomium
Sorry, Shane Cafe Destino is great, but it is closer to the whole bran muffin type of joint than the biscusts and gravy... EVEN MORE brutal, I don't think they have pancakes at all until the SUMMER! ACK!
Dave, can you suggest a spot in Gig Harbor? If we are going to your house to abuse the upper garage... your nieghborhood has some nice driving roads as well!

The Cafe is across from Washington Narrows park wich could have some really nice foto ops!
rhodyguy
i don't want to/will not drive to draindridge.

k
dinomium
Not EVEN for pancakes?!?!! There has to be a greazzy upscale bran muffin panKAKE servin cheap eats in or near Gig Harbor...
That would be my vote!
TravisNeff
You guys could head up to Shaw island and try to pick up on the nuns up there

boldblue.gif
rhodyguy
gh, port orchard, bremerton, great!!! i don't want to drive to sliverdale plus.

k
dinomium
Anything northwest of Consumerdale is a wasteland... ;^p (I keeed I keeed)
914werke
Whats special about the 12th? It looks like THIS weekend is gonna be sunny smilie_pokal.gif
sixnotfour
Rich, Go to redmnod euro. satuday morn. 5th, See Elephant topic
Eddie914
Kind of tough for me to get two Saturdays off before April 15 ( us CPA types are booked pretty solid this time of year), but if I could prepare tax returns for two or three of you guys maybe I could consider it work!

The real reason I need two Saturdays off is that ... I'm trying to get far enough ahead of my workload to take April 1, 2005 off to go to the Lapping Day at Bremerton Raceway sponsored by the IRDC.

Eddie
dinomium
You owe me a scare ride in the Mad Eddie exspress!
914werke
BTW I just recieved a notification from Don Kitch that Mon . the 7th is
OPEN TRACK DAY at Pacific raceways.
Any intrest let me know Ill forward you the invite, but be quick it mentions there are only 40 spots available. driving.gif
red914
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Mar 2 2005, 01:42 PM)
Whats special about the 12th? It looks like THIS weekend is gonna be sunny smilie_pokal.gif

mmm... the only reason i suggested the 12th is because i can't make it this weekend. lame, i know.

and dino, what it this about wasteland? hmm? dry.gif

if we could find someplace good in bremerton, port orchard, or gig harbor, we would be dancing... mueba.gif
Bleyseng
Great Rich, maybe I'll run the Westy!

Geoff
Eddie914
Dino,

The best part of the IRDC Track Day is being able to ride-along.

I'll be more than happy to take you for a ride. Bring your helmet!

Eddie
Rocky
Soooo Sunday won't work??? Just a thought as the location has not been decided upon yet. I know a few spots in the Gig unless Dave wants help and company.

By the way, I believe the Nuns are no longer running the dock on Shaw Island.

Tim
red914
sound like of like saturday march 12 breakies, then off to Dave Hunt's to help him empty his fridge, i mean put his 2.0 liter back in. is this the deal? can Rocky make it after his return from biz? can we find a breakies place that everyone likes (flax muffins and pancakes?)? can dino get ugmo running? confused24.gif blink.gif huh.gif

these and many other questions need answering...
Rocky
I can be around in the afternoon and would love to attend drunk.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif
red914
DAve, it sounds like you will have help on the 12th; is that good for you?

also, know of any good morning eats in gig harbor?

glad you can make it, Rocky.
red914
no ideas where to meet in gig harbor? there is always the denny's off the highway in bremerton... or maybe not.

Dave: can we bring anything with which to help on the 12th? or do you have everything you need?
dinomium
So how many should we get a table for? Where has Jim been?
red914
dino! where are we gonna eat breakfast next saturday?
DNHunt
All I need is bodies. I'm kind of taking a step backwards. Putting the old engine back in. It's nice having supervision.

Dave
Bleyseng
You need it!! haha wish Miles could make it Dave to supervise you....

I am skip this one to work on my engine(s) and see if I can cobble the other motor together and have the 914 atleast run.

Got to find time to install those nasty anti-Mueller bearings.
DNHunt
I gots a problem. I didn't look at the calender. I'm in class Friday and Saturday. Liver, Kidney and edocrine disorders. No fun. huh.gif sad.gif So I'm out

Dave
red914
that's too bad, Dave. i was looking forward to seeing your car and helping put an engine in. smash.gif next time...

this means Rocky is out, too, as he was not going to be back from biz in time for breakies.

still hoping for a breakfast, though. chowtime.gif is it time to counts noses, wait until later in the week?
smooth_eddy
I was wondering if the breakfast is on or not? Eddy
red914
a good question. at the very least Dino and i will be at breakfast. we still are not sure of where. since Dave can't host his engine-back-in-the-car shin dig smash.gif in the afternoon, we don't need to have it in gig harbor. i still vote for bremerton, because it is easier for the seattle guys who are coming over to make it. i am hoping many of the new guys will show up; there are several new names on the site from the puget sound area.

stay tuned to this thread for more details. we need to find good pancakes so that Kevin will come up! chowtime.gif
Rocky
Bummer I cant make it. headbang.gif Your right shane, I wont be around until about noon. Weather is going to be stellar this weekend...again. I drove the teener to Long Beach last weekend top-down wide open (no tickets) beer.gif Great drive. Just a thought, we should put together something like that with less distance sometime. driving.gif

Have fun. Tim
Eddie914
Smooth Eddie,

It was nice to meet you in West Seattle a couple weeks ago. Nice car!

Hope we can get together with both our 914s.

If you got the handle "Smooth Eddie" by the condition of your 914 ... maybe I need to change my name to "Rough Eddie". The condition of my 914 just doesn't conpare to your car.

The other Eddie
rhodyguy
2 words. Family Pancake House. oh, that's three. port orchard. flipped batter, fried pork flesh, a glass of milk, a cup-o-coffee and i'm all set. can i smoke? make up your minds already.

k
zehrschnell914
Hello there. Haven't attended any functions or posted much since JP Stein's get-together, but I will be traveling through Bremerton on the 12th and would love to stop in for breakfast (the more grease the better). Is this open to Portland people too?

Mike
red914
of course this is open to our fellow northwestern 914 drivers who happen to be from the south side of the columbia river! beerchug.gif

and Kevin, it is not a matter of making up a mind (ok, maybe it is), it is a matter of finding a place to eat that everyone likes. pancake house good! chowtime.gif i know where the one in bremerton is; port orchard you say? the bremerton one is just off 3 on kitsap way. and by the way, i got a haircut just so you couldn't call me a hippy.

and what did steve martin say when asked if he minded if someone smoked?

we need to get the new guys out, like fatlando, smooth eddie, etc., as well as the old boys.
reverie
-
red914
taking the 0735 out of seattle would put you in bremerton at about 0835, off the boat by, say, 0845. could make the pancake house in bremerton no sweat (5 minute drive, if that), and possibly even the port orchard pancake house by 0914. dont' know about the latter, as i am unfamiliar with port orchard.

i wonder how many we are looking at showing up?

Dino, i could use your bremerton knowledge here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.