Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 AX Shootout, Sunday March 20th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
nebreitling
914 AX Shootout

Loma Prieta Region PCA and 914club are coming together for a one-time event: the 914 AX shootout!

On Sunday morning, March 20th, plan to be in one place: Marina Airfield near Monterey and Laguna Seca. This is a fabulous AX site with excellent pavement. Course design will be by our own Randal Barrick. Lunch will be catered in by a nearby Deli. Expect to be able to order a sandwich, chips, and drink for $10 or less.

This event is being hosted by the Loma Prieta region PCA. As such, participation will limited to PCA members (driving any Porsche) and 914's (PCA membership not required) only. V8 and other conversions are welcome! So, although it's not an all-914 AX, it's close! (Besides, we can show those tail-draggers and water-pumpers who's boss!). Expect about eight runs -- maybe more!

Sunday March 20th
Marina Airfield, CA
Registration 7.15-8.30 AM
Driver's meeting 8.45AM
$30 Entrance fee

Snell 1990 or better helmet required.
Instruction and limited loaner helmets available.
Drivers must work for runs.

For those out-of-towners, Trekkor will chime in here soon about nearby motel discounts that he has arranged.

I know that it's late notice, but we need to get about 20+ 914's at this event! We can do it!! So commit now!!! Also, I'm looking for a few volunteers to come early and do some setup (this counts for your work requirement!).

Please RSVP in THIS thread. We need to know how many 914club members to expect. Questions? Post 'em here, or PM me.

Thanks, and get those cars ready!

Nathan
nebreitling
Directions to Marina:

Take Highway 1 south toward Monterey and Laguna Seca Raceway. Take the Reservation Road exit south toward Marina. After one short block, turn right in order to stay on Reservation Road. Follow the road through Marina approximately two miles south of town. Turn left at (Imjin Road)signal into Marina Airfield. Turn right after the first large building on the right and follow the cones to the autocross site.
skline
Man I wish I were closer. I would run this in a heart beat. I just have so much more to do on this car to get it ready for WCC. Plus the fact that you are like 9 hours away driving. The price is cheap too. One of these days I will be able to come up there and do some driving. I am even a PCA member.
nebreitling
Commited 914club members:

Randal
Nathan
Trekkor
Britain
Patrick P (and son?)
Grant
Theo
Birgit
Chris Julian in his MONSTER V8!
Maybe Otmar?!!
Dave! (w/ or w/o legal representation)
Andy?
Jenny?
Howard?
Rob Ways?

Early AM Set-Up (need 5 only)

Randal
Nathan
Trekkor

Want to hear from:

Richard Linsdall
Demick
Mueller
Fiid
Michael (V8 car)
Kelly Thorsen
Jeff Keyzer
PatW
Dennis
RichB
James Montebello
MarkD
Mikey
Gwen
Mike Ambriskkskksoooo
Carl Cilker
Meredith
Kim Knuttila
DMan
Chris Reale
Steve N
Joy N

-College-age people can crash at my place!
J P Stein
I'm not gonna have the car done in time to make it, but I intend to get down there in May/June for an AX.
ppickerell
My 914 will not be ready by then ar15.gif flipa.gif screwy.gif blink.gif wacko.gif ohmy.gif so Peridot Racing will be there in the ass dragger and the boxster.
Britain Smith
Count me in for the fun...

-Britain
nocones
Dammit!

Unless I can figure out my linkage issues in time I'll have to pass.
Haven't got tires yet either so it would be street tires... Hmmm...

I doubt I'll make it.

Michael
74' 914/8
nine14cats
Hey JP,

If you don't want to haul your car down, wait until June to come down and you can take laps in the new 3.6 beast....

meow... biggrin.gif

Bill P.
Jenny
My teener can't hold her own swepco as of right now. I'll keep you posted... If not in my own, I may be sharing Birgit's car. driving-girl.gif

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 2 2005, 12:11 PM)
Andy

Me (if i can get my car ready by then) ...

smash.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
uh...anyone from socal want to team up and tow my car up/thrash my car??? trekkor wants to bow down to me rolleyes.gif
GTeener
Maybe. Saturdays are better for me.
nebreitling
icon_bump.gif

keepin' it on the first page!

n
Trekkor
I need at least ten guaranteed motel rooms before I can offer the phone number/rate info.

It will be at the Super 8 on Reservation rd in Marina.
10 minutes from the a/x site and car trailer friendly.

Good restaurant across the street and 5 min walk to the beach.

PM me if you want to stay at the reduced club rate.

1. Trekkor

KT
Trekkor
trekkor wants to bow down to me

Are you insane?... wacko.gif
SIXES scarf up FOURS...mostly dry.gif

KT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 2 2005, 10:54 PM)
trekkor wants to bow down to me

Are you insane?... wacko.gif
SIXES scarf up FOURS...mostly dry.gif

KT

i need a ride/ tow up there first..... laugh.gif

ill see if skline wants to go... we can both thrash my car.... (you can do 2 drivers right?)
Trekkor
Two driver cars all day long. wink.gif
Just put two numbers on it.

Randal may run my car with me confused24.gif
#222 will be under my magnetics. Just lift it off when he runs.

KT
carreraguy
Just confirming I'm in!
J P Stein
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Mar 2 2005, 01:35 PM)
Hey JP,

If you don't want to haul your car down, wait until June to come down and you can take laps in the new 3.6 beast....

meow... biggrin.gif

Bill P.

Well of course I'm gonna bring my car down......no one want's to see just me biggrin.gif I well may wait till you have your cats in the corral, tho.....just to see how my little 2.7 stacks up against your he-man 3.6 laugh.gif . Then we can swap cars for a pass or 2.
Trekkor
icon_bump.gif
kermit
If the weather is good, 80% change I'll be there.
Steve_7x
I doubt Joy and I can make it. If the AutoX were on Satruday the odds would have been better for us - but alas... sad.gif

Y'all have fun without us! driving.gif

Just remember...

Full Throtle Until You See God... then Brake!

Steve
nebreitling
let's go people, surely there are more of you who can commit to this!!! driving.gif
mikey
My car's still on jackstands sad.gif , maybe it will be ready by summer (insert wishful thinking smiley). I'd come down and watch but I think I have pager duty that weekend. Hope you guys and gals have fun.

Mikey

Trekkor
How many '14ers are going to be there?

Nobody has replied to the group rate for the motel.
Hope to see more interest.

I'll be there if that helps mueba.gif

KT
McMark
I'm trying to tune my car. If I make progress I'll be there.
EdwardBlume
There's a chance I'll be there.... perhaps just to work for ya'all. aktion035.gif
Randal
SIXES scarf up FOURS...mostly

What?
Trekkor
You'll see...You'll all see...Mwaahahahahhhaaaaaa.

unsure.gif Back me up here, Bill.

KT
grantsfo
I'll be there defending my home region turf in the 1.8. I'm trying to make a commitment to hit all the LPR events this year.
merrill
I'd like to try, but I have to get my car from Utah to my house before I can commit.
What are the requirements for seat belts and roll bars for an event like this? Virgin ax'er
Trekkor
Basic req's: Tight wheel bearings, good tires, no major oil leaks, good firm brake pedal, secured battery, factory seat belts or better. Roll bar NOT required.

Easy tech. Come run.

KT
merrill
Thank you so much for the info! What is the drop dead date for registration? I am going to PM the member with the help list for my trip from Utah. ohmy.gif
Trekkor
LPR a/x #1 info

Register on site, day of event by 8:30am.

KT
nebreitling
Hi Merrill

Welcome. Registration happens at the event, but try to let me know before hand -- i need a rough count of how many 914ers to expect.

looks like i may still be breaking in my engine for this event...
theol00
I will try to make it with my 914 - Theo
Trekkor - run - don't hide
carreraguy
Looks like I may not be able to make it after all - forgot about the big Porsche event at Fontana Speedway that weekend.
9146R
Wanna be there in worst way - however 29th wedding anniversary presents minor (major) conflict in my schedule. Both the car and driver need to blow some soot out and put some heat in the tires. Have fun... headbang.gif
Andyrew
20th eh?

A: im probably working

B: I dont have the clutch for it! laugh.gif

C: no trailer cool.gif

Ah, I would love to come!!!!

Andrew
Birgit
I will be there for SURE, no matter what biggrin.gif

Gotta support the 914 Auto-X so we can maybe have some more in the future.

-Birgit
nebreitling
QUOTE (Birgit @ Mar 8 2005, 05:21 PM)
Gotta support the 914 Auto-X so we can maybe have some more in the future.

WTG Birgit!

that's the spirit -- i'm beginning to worry that we're not going to have a substantial turnout -- get those cars ready, folks!
anthony
I can't make this one. I'm going to Tahoe that weekend.
nebreitling
bummer, but have fun!
Brad Roberts
Nathan.. call me. I built half that list.. I dont want to leave Kathy hanging.

B
nebreitling
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Mar 11 2005, 03:04 PM)
Nathan.. call me. I built half that list.. I dont want to leave Kathy hanging.

tried, couldn't get through (even blocked call waiting!)

will try again tomorrow, or feel free to call me 650 498 1017

nate
Jenny
don't feel bad. No one can get thru. rolleyes.gif
He an equal opportunity discriminator. laugh.gif

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 11 2005, 07:30 PM)
don't feel bad. No one can get thru. rolleyes.gif

i can. but i won't tell you how. you have to figure that one out for yourself ...

you are a smart girrrrrl, i'm sure you figure it out!
biggrin.gif Andy
Jenny
yeah, I use the bat phone. cool.gif Seriously, I've got a way, but I feel bad inconveniencing others.

Jen
neo914-6
I will be nearby in the Salinas (w/o 914) working on my parents rental house.

Chris Julian is planning to debut his V8 monster. smilie_pokal.gif I can't miss that!

Tomorrow I'll see if Jason will participate (yes still bugging him, Brad) laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.