Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: "SOLD" 1976 914-4 Upgraded/GT Flares/Strengthened Chassis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
wingnut86
SOLD

1976 914 w/For Sale (One of the Last Ones Built):

$5800 (was $6500) buys a LOT of new, re-pop, re-cad and much more - Cashiers Check or Paypal - Cash in person, sure.

The Deal: One of the last of the P-914s to be manufactured & shipped from Germany to California, or anywhere else - Clear Title and COA on hand along with tons of receipts from Cali to Chicago to North Carolina to my home and Scott's shop.

***I'll make it easy - Just in PARTS, we are at $7500 or so, not including the Shell/Body, all the reinforcements I purchased for the frame and rear-end and Scott's labor at Kahiko…

Try doing this restoration as listed, WITH labor for $5800 yourself...

I have updated pricing, descriptions and vendor links since the 1st postings last year.

Please PM me for Paypal details. I WILL NOT COMMIT TO HOLDING the sale without a deposit in hand.

I know some of you prefer not to spend your time clicking on numerous links for breadth of work, parts and provenance of certain products prior to purchase. Please know that there are others who want this information, and make up the majority of viewers and requests of this board. For those who do not, so be it, we understand.

Details, Details…

Porsche Pieces:

- The restored, upgraded for strength, completed 1976 Porsche 914 body shell - as is (cost ~$4500)

- GT Flares, Installed - Original Porsche units/Installed by extremely skilled elves at Kahiko Customs (Originally cost $1000, value w/o labor to install)

- Coil-Over Shock kit, Rear Fitment, Brand New, still in sleeves/boxes - for upgrading the Brand New Bilsteins already on rear of car (Originally cost $249 - ground control units)

- Stainless Steel Fuel Lines from CFR/Tangerine Racing - Full length Set - Choice of OEM Kit or Modded Kit for Subaru (Originally cost $149 - AN fittings installed on Subaru Kit)

- Front Aftermarket Sway-Bar (through holes) with strengthened points & Drop Links (Originally cost over $400)

- Front Sway-Bar Reinforcements, in Black PC - CFR/Tangerine Racing (Originally cost $44)

- Rear Sway-Bar Bolts for rear control arms - Custom Re-CAD (Originally cost $65)
* You provide the rear Sway-bar - I don't have one

- Rear Sway-Bar Custom Drop-Links, Black PC, (Originally cost $45)
* You provide the rear Sway bar - I don't have one

- Rear Sway-Bar Mounts from CFR/Tangerine Racing for 75'-76' P914s, in Black PC (Originally cost $49)
* You provide the rear Sway-bar - I don't have one

- Set of Replacement Door Cards in Fiberglass - 914Rubber (Manufactured by AP Performance – Originally cost $110)

- Back-pad Fiberglass Replacement – 914Rubber (Manufactured by AP Performance – Originally cost $265)

- Light Brown interior carpet set

- Stainless Aftermarket Door Thresholds

- OEM Original Black Seats

- Engine Bay to Passenger Compartment Noise/Heat Shield

- Restored Fuel Tank with "Red Kote" Dipped Internal Coating

- Assorted Dash Lowers, Some with AC Ducts, Assorted Interior Components

- "Late" P914 Seal Kit – 914Rubber (Originally cost ~$735, now more)

- CVs built from Brand New Type-1 VW Stock, think “HEAVY DUTY” - PMB Performance - You'll need these to adapt to your Porsche Rear Trailing Arms to the Suby axles to tranny (~$120)

You will need to finish the build, and you will need additional parts. Yes, the majority of the heavy lifting is complete. Big items are a new windshield & labor related to paint, installing a motor and drivetrain (not provided), brakes, calipers, wheels if you are going into 5-Lug Land… I offer a solution here for the path to a 5-lug solution and the wheels.

You would be best off having Scott complete the build-out for you, unless you really have some skills and want to transport it elsewhere. Your local Porsche dealer doesn't have the skills for this, BTW.

The finished chassis/car is in Eastern Virginia at Kahiko's Customs (near Norfolk).

Many parts are sub-located with rolling chassis at Scott's Kahiko Customs location in Eastern Virginia: Rear Coil-Overs, Fuel Lines, Carpet Set (tan/brown), Inner-boxed Frame Supports (installed), Rear Suspension Supports (installed), Rear Trailing Arm Supports/Strengthening (installed), left-over sheet metal from build-if any.

The rear 911 brakes, rear 911 e-stops, seats, door cards, 914Rubber complete seal kit, 914Rubber/APP Fiberglass components, and a small contingent of front end components are in South Carolina (Columbia area). If choosing to add the Tangerine Trailing Arms and 911 E-brake components, please PM me for those additional costs as you will need the 5-lug front hubs that go with it.

=> Additional possibilities:
- PMB restored 911 Brakes for Front and Rear (priced at time of inclusion to the above sale or priced in a separate post after the sale has completed)
- 5-Lug Conversion components for front and rear (priced at time of inclusion to the above sale or priced in a separate post after the sale has completed)
- 5-lug wheel set that includes 2 Real Fuchs and 2 knock-off Fuchs – Black centers on Chrome, but can be repainted by new owner (priced at time of inclusion to the above sale or priced in a separate post after the sale has completed)
**- CFR/Tangerine Rear Trailing Arms - Built for 911 E-Stops (rear emergency brakes) and Ultra-Duty... Stored at Scotty's Kahiko shop...

+> So the deal is a partial pickup/ship package. Car pickup in Virginia, the balance of the components can be shipped from Columbia, SC. (shipping is extra via ground UPS or similar).

1976 914-4 => (included in deal):
**Please note that the chassis is shown with 4-lug American Racing alloy wheels and less than 1 mile of wear on the brand new Firestone tires...

P-CAR Images:

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
wingnut86
PORSCHE Bits 'N' Pieces (#1):

ORIGINAL 1976 California Dealer Window Sticker:
Click to view attachment

ORIGINAL 1976 Seat Rails (evap charcoal boxes not included):
Click to view attachment

Front End A-Arms & Suspension Pieces - Gloss Black - Bubble Wrapped for safety:
Click to view attachment

Front End Suspension Steel Cross Member – Gloss PC – Bubble Wrapped
=> Sorry all, I didn't take pictures before I packed this, many images abound on our site as well as on the Web if you do a search for P911 or P914 Front Suspension Cross Member (non-aluminum)...

P-911/P-914 Upgraded Lemforder Turbo Tie-Rod Ends – Front Suspension:
Click to view attachment

Early 911 Brake Shields. 5-Lug required - PC'd in Gloss Black:
Click to view attachment

P-911 Brake Discs - Fronts only - 5-Lug required for these:
Click to view attachment

Rear Stub Axles for 930 CVs with 28 Spline - do your rear trailing arm, half-shaft 5-Lug research to be certain:
Click to view attachment
wingnut86
PORSCHE Bits 'N' Pieces (#2):

The 5-Lug 911/914 Conversion Hubs For The Front:
Click to view attachment

911-914 Hardened Racing Grade Wheel Studs:
Click to view attachment

P911-914 Front Hub Bearings and Accessory Spanner:
Click to view attachment

914 Boge Front Struts Black Paint:
Click to view attachment

914 Rear Coil-Over Struts For Bilsteins:
Click to view attachment

914Rubber and AP Performance Upgraded FG Door Panel Inserts (replaces stock cardboard):
Click to view attachment

914Rubber and AP Performance Upgraded FG Backpad Inserts (replaces stock cardboard):
Click to view attachment

CFR P914 Front Sway Bar Reinforcements:
Click to view attachment

CFR P914 75-76 Rear Sway Bar Pickup Points:
Click to view attachment

OEM 914 Leather Steering Wheel and Steering Rack:
Click to view attachment
wingnut86
Nothing Here...Move Along huh.gif
wingnut86

wingnut86
SUBARU Bits 'N' Pieces: DELETED from post

Nothing here...

wingnut86
wingnut86
Additional Possibilities - Porsche Related:

P911-914 PMB Restored Brake Calipers (Image #1):
Click to view attachment

P911-914 PMB Restored Brake Calipers (Image #2):
Click to view attachment

P914 Rear 911 E-Brake Hardware - Requires a Modified Rear Trailing Arm Setup:
Click to view attachment

P914 CFR/Tangerine Rear Upgraded Trailing Arms WIth 911 E-Brake Setup:
Click to view attachment

P911-914 5-lug wheel set that includes 2 Real Fuchs and 2 knock-off Fuchs:
Click to view attachment
wingnut86
...Wish I could figure out how to DELETE all the Posts that were informational and that I merged elsewhere confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
wingnut86
wingnut86
Nothing here...
wingnut86
Oops, move along to next part...Nothing here blink.gif
wingnut86
More # 10 or so...:

> Just found an original under-dash AC setup I have boxed - used but repairable - Work great with the Subie compressor on motor

Much has been moved up to the Top Post for my Sanity's Sake!!!
matthepcat
Someone better jump on this. Especially those in no-smog states.
Annapolis914
How much for the Grand Wagoneer in the first few photos?
mepstein
QUOTE(Annapolis914 @ Aug 31 2015, 08:56 PM) *

How much for the Grand Wagoneer in the first few photos?

The jeep belongs to scottys dad but I bet if the offer is good enough.... biggrin.gif

The car looks like it wants to be red again.
wingnut86
Guys AND Girls,

Thanks for all the PMs. To answer the majority here, for lack of energized fingers this morning - Yes, it is still For Sale. And YES, I have more than a few "Interested" parties.

Ask your basic questions in the thread, PM me for more serious "ponderings"...
dcheek
According to the VIN.
This was one of the last ten 914's ever made!

Dave
Chris H.
Ah...the one that was in Illinois for a long time and for sale here? Thought about buying it years ago. Originally Scarlet Red (although check the invoice...it says Mars Red..weird..thought that was a VW color). Think the former owner finally sold the shell separately.
wingnut86
...not to take "Jon Pedersen's" name in vain, but a Jon Pedersen owned it at one time prior to Mike (Honda Man)...

I think the gent moved from IL to NC with a small stable of -6's.

And, that could all be FOLKLORE - similar to the one that "a small Irish Leprechaun" told me about Kahiko Customs having a secret cellar full of Jeep Wagoneers & Rust Free P914s rolleyes.gif

smoke.gif

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Sep 1 2015, 08:02 PM) *

Ah...the one that was in Illinois for a long time and for sale here? Thought about buying it years ago. Originally Scarlet Red (although check the invoice...it says Mars Red..weird..thought that was a VW color). Think the former owner finally sold the shell separately.

roblav1
I sent you a PM.
Chris H.
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Sep 1 2015, 07:23 PM) *

...not to take "Jon Pedersen's" name in vain, but a Jon Pedersen owned it at one time prior to Mike (Honda Man)...

I think the gent moved from IL to NC with a small stable of -6's.

And, that could all be FOLKLORE - similar to the one that "a small Irish Leprechaun" told me about Kahiko Customs having a secret cellar full of Jeep Wagoneers & Rust Free P914s rolleyes.gif

smoke.gif

Yep, that was him! PM'd him about the car several times when he had it for sale. So this IS allegedly one of the very last 914's assembled/imported. Interesting.

I only say allegedly because I can't prove it myself, although it clearly has a very high VIN # and Jon had a whole back story about it that was pretty compelling.
wingnut86
Tons of paperwork, receipts, the Very COOL Window Sticker and a COA - No Backstory past what I just stated:-{
billh1963
One of the last 20 made?
Chris H.
At least the last 20 since it's that far from 4100 VIN wise. This one was supposedly part of the last shipment of 914s to the US. Somehow I remember it being lower than 20, 10 rings a bell. They didn't assemble them numerically. That's all I got....
wingnut86
...Awe Hell, Bill's involved...
wingnut86
* For Sale Again *
Chris H.
Bill???
billh1963
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Sep 2 2015, 04:36 PM) *

Bill???

Not me...believe it or not biggrin.gif
wingnut86
rolleyes.gif

shades.gif
wingnut86
* For Sale Again *
cal914
Pm sent

wingnut86
Received...

QUOTE(cal914 @ Sep 8 2015, 03:04 PM) *

Pm sent

wingnut86
Still for sale - check the 1st post for updated details and prices...
roblav1
Sorry, but I'm still confused as to what comes with the car at what price! And to try and refer back to other threads becomes even more confusing (but certainly more goodies).

As you know, I'm looking to build another -6. There are three 914's sitting in my father's barn and I have a bunch of 914 and old 911 parts around. But I need the basics of a great chassis and running gear (less engine - I have one of those too).

If you are willing to sell a package of just the stuff for an air-cooled -6 conversion, then a price and a list of the stuff would be helpful. Gearbox, PMB brakes, 5 lug, Tangerine stuff, wheels, etc.

I don't want the Subie stuff and won't purchase the package if it comes with it. I've done that sort of thing too many times!

Thanks,
Rob
wingnut86
Rob,

It's a DIY project. I gave more than enough info so that everyone can see that it"s more than a roller, more than an
Subaru conversion.

But, It's "currently" being sold as is WITH the Subie stuff in this thread.

Good luck on whatever build you decide on and thanks for stopping by!

Dave
wingnut86
* Re-Listed for $5800 without Subaru Kit *
roblav1
Dave,
As before, I'm interested. And I live close to Norfolk.
iwanta914-6
This is pretty sweet. Exactly what I would want, but don't have the skills to finish it.
motomoss
pm sent
wingnut86
Sale in process...
rgalla9146

AC is listed on the window sticker, I 've never seen that before.
Was it a beautiful installation or a typical hack install ?

I
DRPHIL914
good luck with the sale, i hope it works out for you. I was seriously going to call you once i sold my black tub , thought about using yours to make the swap. It looks like its ready to paint? all the hard stuff is done, that is going to look sweet. I hope whom ever buys it returns it to original color.

Looking forward to seeing the project completed by someone
wingnut86
1970 is for sale, starting this weekend. Most of the RUST Replacement Panels are in my storage facility Phil...

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 2 2016, 08:46 AM) *

good luck with the sale, i hope it works out for you. I was seriously going to call you once i sold my black tub , thought about using yours to make the swap. It looks like its ready to paint? all the hard stuff is done, that is going to look sweet. I hope whom ever buys it returns it to original color.

Looking forward to seeing the project completed by someone

wingnut86
Only Scotty can answer this question...

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 28 2016, 08:42 PM) *

AC is listed on the window sticker, I 've never seen that before.
Was it a beautiful installation or a typical hack install ?

wingnut86
...BTW...

SOLD

huh.gif headbang.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Feb 25 2016, 05:34 PM) *

...BTW...

SOLD

huh.gif headbang.gif

Now what are you going to do?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.