Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 with 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mike1981
Hello All

Was hoping for some feedback on this car

It is somewhat of a renegade with the flares and rattle can paint job

Wondering what I should offer and is it a good investment

Thanks

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...py-rat-rod.html

Mike
mepstein
Looked like a nice car before they cut it up.
I'm not a fan of bolt on flares.
914's are not an investment
matthepcat
I think if you removed the flairs, installed them with nice rivets and painted the factory color on the outside it would be worth the $12k.
Mike1981
Mepstein

Your correct 914 are not an investment

I used the wrong word

I agree the flares are an acquired taste

Any comments about the engine?

Standard stock

If I do make an offer

Would it be worth adding a performance cam and porting the heads?

If so what would be the cost of that type of upgrade

Thanks

Mueller
The guy should be banned from ever owning another classic car...who would F up a ravenna green car like that? Who? Why?

Cheap bolt on wheel adapters...I wouldn't run those myself.

Way overpriced I think. The wheels could be worth some money.

Define investment?

What are your plans with the car if you got it? It really needs the flares put on correctly or metal flares, a correct 5 lug conversion and repainted Ravenna Green (once those hideous PORSCHE rocker covers removed)

I'd edit the title...this is not a Renegade car, they'd do better than that!

http://renegadehybrids.com/
mepstein
I see it as a $3-4K car. Sorry.
Mueller
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 7 2015, 10:34 AM) *

It "was" worth twice that amount before the butchery started...
Mike1981
Thanks Everyone for the feedback

I did not notice the spacers

I thought it had a 5 bolt upgrade

I agree its overpriced

So you feel 3 to 4K??

mepstein
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 7 2015, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 7 2015, 10:34 AM) *

It "was" worth twice that amount before the butchery started...

agree.gif hate to see nice cars butchered.
My Suby conversion car (pristine ca car) was hacked by the PO. Now it's perfect for a conversion car but I would never tear up a pristine narrow body.
Kraftwerk
[quote]"banned from ever owning another classic car...who would F up a ravenna green car like that? Who? Why?"

my thoughts exactly. Raveena Green is one of THE best colors for these cars.
GaroldShaffer
2.0L engine with 1.7 / 1.8 ssi exchangers, no rear sway bar so wonder if it has a front? Not a $12.5K car. You can get a lot better car for the kind of money. At best I would say $5-6k max.
AntiHero
I, personally, can't stand all the candy corn, sherbert, and laffy taffy colored 914s out there. And IMHO a rattle can black beats any of 'em, bolt on flares or not.

My only concern with this car would be the owners opinion on what constitutes a lack of rust. It's Canada, after all.
Chris H.
The flares look like they're off, especially the rear one. Would look nice with a set of steel flares in Ravenna but you'd have to buy it right.
87m491
Really hard to say as 1/2 the pics are very low resolution and look like pictures of photographs.
the seller chides the negativity, but with no real money shots and no time frame for the current pix, later week, last month, last decade? How are you to come to any meaningful conclusions?

QUOTE(Mike1981 @ Sep 7 2015, 07:32 AM) *

Hello All

Was hoping for some feedback on this car

It is somewhat of a renegade with the flares and rattle can paint job

Wondering what I should offer and is it a good investment

Thanks

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...py-rat-rod.html

Mike

mgp4591
The photos are just that- photos. They don't tell the story of the car except for a little bit of a timeline. We assume that they're current but with very little documentation it's hard to tell what and when things were done. Need pics with all the usual problem areas addressed and some sort of history- and I do agree that it's overpriced and not investment quality. And now we've gone and hurt his feelings... and we really didn't even try that hard. I've heard lots worse that these critiques and this does deserve most of the comments. I'd like to hear his side of the story though as to why it's for sale because that alone can help a car like this sell, lets you know a little about the guy or the situation. We're probably used to hearing from members who divulge more as to what and why- I wish him luck in selling the car, maybe to a member here who has the passion to do the little car the right way!
derkbarrington
I just wanted to update the thread. I ended up purchasing this 914. I have it in my garage and plan to revert it back to the original narrow body Raveena green.

As is always the case, as you dig into the project you are bound to unsurface some surprises. I discovered the car was involved in an accident in the past, damaging the drivers door and rear quarter. The repair looks good but involved a lot of body fill. The rear trunk lid was also replaced as part of the same repair. The majority of the body looks rust free but the rear wheel wells are full of globs of what I assume is undercoating. I suspect it was used to hide something... enquiring minds want to know smile.gif

The 2.0 engine is actually 1.8L upgraded to a 2.0L. I still have to determine if the upgrade was done properly and included replacing the crank and cam.

I have the cuts for three of the fenders. Two look good enough to weld back on and I am going to have to source two more to finish the job. I have a 2.0L six I plan to install as a replacement to the current engine.

I will post some pics once I can find my camera. I am new to the 914 and look forward to working with all of you as I move forward on the restoration.

Thanks!
3stewarts
welcome.png
iwanta914-6
Sounds like it is in good hands! Start a new thread in the garage with an intro and pictures.

welcome.png
PancakePorsche
Excellent ! Ravenna green is one of the rarest colors and my personal favorite. Seen maybe 2 for sale in the last 5 years. Hope to see it fixed up nicely in the near future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.