Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics from the Roadglue run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dave_Darling
The pics are small to help keep the download from being really absurdly long. I have full-size versions as well; email me if you have a specific pic or three that you need full-size.

This one is Mike Scott on the way to the event; I saw him ahead of me on 85 so I caught up with him to take a pic.
Dave_Darling
Gathered around before the start of the run.
Dave_Darling
First stop.
Dave_Darling
First stop, wider shot.
Dave_Darling
First stop, still.
Dave_Darling
First stop, about the first 1/3 of the cars in line.
Dave_Darling
First stop, about the second 1/3 of the cars in line.
Dave_Darling
First stop, the last group in line. Note Carl C., who can't face the same direction as everyone else because his car is too freaking pretty!! tongue.gif
Dave_Darling
Second stop. A bit washed-out because the sun was behind the cars from this angle. Sorry!
Dave_Darling
Second stop, from the back.
Dave_Darling
Scond stop, from the side.
Dave_Darling
Stop number three!
Dave_Darling
Stop number three, from across the road.
Dave_Darling
White V8 car's engine.
Dave_Darling
Gathering of folks at stop three.
Dave_Darling
Nice roof panel. I mean, seriously nice!!
Dave_Darling
Final stop--lunchtime!! biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
The 914s were in small groups in the parking lot at the restaurant. Oh well!
Dave_Darling
But we still had a few in a row here and there.
Dave_Darling
...And there and here...
Dave_Darling
Yeaman took the end spot in his Six.
Dave_Darling
Some people wanted to talk more than they wanted to eat.
Dave_Darling
But eventually, eating was done. And some talking.

And that's all my pics from the Roadglue Run this past Saturday. I had a very good time, except for the news about Jenny's car. sad.gif But she was OK, and she even showed a pic of the puppy that she and Brian had put a deposit down on. They're gonna be beagle owners soon... biggrin.gif

--DD
bernbomb914
clap56.gif Great coverage Dave, Looks Like Fun

Bernie
Brad Roberts
It was fun.. right up until I had to yank one of my "kids" off that bridge. The outside of her car isnt bad. The pan is a different story. She center punched that bridge and the car road up on it with the bottom of the tub. The bottom of the center tunnel bent the shift rod that runs INSIDE the center tunnel. The passenger side floorboard is punched up about 4 inches. I watched the car as I pulled it behind the crewcab...it tracked straight and true. I grabbed the trailer after lunch, loaded the car and headed to Yeaman autobody with it. She should have a estimate any day now.

Not good.

B
jonwatts
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 27 2003, 07:54 PM)
She should have a estimate any day now.

Followed shortly thereafter by a coronary and possibly a return to groupie status sad.gif
olav
Here's Brad about to tow the car...
olav
We're standing around thinking...
olav
Here's another view of the accident.
olav
Here's Jen calling for help.
olav
Here's Brad trying to see if he can get the car going.
ChrisReale
First thre years of college, I had a beagle....lives on a farm now, so she is happy, but that dog would put its nose into anything that had a chance of smelling. Im talking sewage run-offs, bags of peanut shells, other dogs poop, barf.... barf.gif Fun dogs if they have aplace outside to romp, otherwise they are hell pain30.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Chris,

What the fuck... are you pinchin' my tweeds???

"Smokie, zat-chu? From here looks like you takin' a shit..." pain30.gif
jdogg
Man you west coasters got it made. What was the temperature that day. I think here in NC we had a high of 38. Nice group of teeners, hope the orange one wasn't hurt too bad.
Jenny
Groupie status?!? Groupie status?!?!!! ar15.gif I resent that comment. As long as I've got a 914, running or not, I'll not be demoted to groupie status. If that were the case, however, I'd make sure to drag *several* other people I know down to groupie-dom with me! I know I'm in good company! laugh.gif

I called Yeaman's. They didn't have time to take a look at my car yesterday. But they should be able to get a round tuit today. Damn. Shoulda sacrificed a virgin to the 914 gods Friday night. What was I thinking??? <_<

Brad, didya get a chance to look in the back of your truck for my bag yet?
Jenny
I tried several times yesterday to post a pic of the beagle puppy on the family pics thread, unsuccessfully. It keeps giving me an error message...

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\InetPub\www.914world.com\bbs2\index.php on line 6

What am I doing wrong??
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jan 28 2003, 08:51 AM)
I tried several times yesterday to post a pic of the beagle puppy on the family pics thread, unsuccessfully. It keeps giving me an error message...

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\InetPub\www.914world.com\bbs2\index.php on line 6

What am I doing wrong??

nada, brad was messing with the site. it was down for a few hours, the mySQL database that is ...

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jan 28 2003, 08:47 AM)

Brad, didya get a chance to look in the back of your truck for my bag yet?

you forgot your pants in his car, AGAIN ???
Jenny
Ha! Those pants were pretty funny. They were ginormous! I have no idea who those belong to. blink.gif
Bleyseng
I'll be the first to add Dave Darling to the "Groupie List" ! I don't think he really has a 914 anymore, it's just a story that he tells everyone.
As long as you own a car that everyone has seen Jenny, you aren't on the "Groupie List"

Geoff devil.gif
Dave_Darling
Hey! Jenny has seen my car! So have one or two other people who are still around.

There were more, but they died of old age since the last time it ran..... rolleyes.gif

--DD
Part Pricer
I agree.

Jenny --> Righteous member

DD --> Groupie

biggrin.gif
Jenny
Actually, I didn't get real close to DD's car. For all I know, it could be a cardboard cutout of a 914 that'd tip if the wind hit it just right.

Just joshin' with ya, Dave. You were the only one helping me in the PA shop when I was fixing my door lock. Everyone else was busy gutting out the white race car. Thanks! tongue.gif
Brad Roberts
Jenny,

If it takes more than 30 seconds for you to upload a image (really slow dialup) it kicks you out. I have to "adjust" the safety pieces built into this site. It helps keep people from uploading virus' to the server. i would rather have a few complaints than have to completely rebuild this server.

B
Jeffs9146
Jenny, try resizing your pics.

When I made mine smaller they went fine but when they were 4.0 megapix mine did the same thing.

Jeff
Brad Roberts
Ahh yes. I have a size limit on the pics. I dont want people to have to scroll side to side to view pics in the BBS.

B
JeffBowlsby
Here is the best shot that came from my camera, I call it 'The Grid':
JeffBowlsby
It was a real priviledge to lead a world class Viper and Porsche racing champion...Rich Bontempi followed me all the way! Thanks for showing up Rich!
vortrex
so much for that limit on file size!

who's car is smoking on the right? biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
Them are a tad under 300k...

Musta been the Wentzel team car smokin...signal orange...2nd from right...front row.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.