Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport 5 / 914World Meet + Greet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Maltese Falcon
RobW (left) + friend, good to meet you, Rennsport grill sargent jsharp.gif Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Mr.+ Mrs. GeorgeRud from Chicago smile.gif Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Sergio...gt grille maker extraordinaire biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Naroescape Bob and Nadine, east coast; nice to meet up with you beerchug.gif Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
The master of Brakes himself, Mr. Shea and his boss smile.gif
Nice meeting with you at Rennsport5Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Maltese Falcon+ Matty Lite representing the 914World at Rennsport5 Reunion at the MSDS tent. More fans joining up from the event.
Thank you Leamon for dropping by with the WCR banner biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Meet and greet getting up to speedClick to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
MW showed up for a cold one beer3.gif and shared a couple of stories.
His # 277 was present and repaired nicely from his MN. romp welder.gif
A cold Coors at Rennsport has a hypnotical effect !Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Marty, thanks for hosting and for being the focal point for 914ers to unite. Hope you sold a boatload of pipes!
GeorgeRud
It was great to finally meet Marty and others in person! However, I felt bad that Marty, Eric Shea, and some other vendors had to spend their time at their booths instead of being able to see the rest of the Rennsport activities.

Looking forward to the next one! Laguna Seca was great, but I wonder if Barber Motorsports Park (close to PCNA's home base) or perhaps COTA in Austin may also be alternatives?
Maltese Falcon
I'll post up a few more this week, it was a great event; Porsche overload to say the least ! We introduced some new exhaust products, met 100s of customers+friends old +new...can't wait for Renn6 biggrin.gif
Put the beast on the trailer , this party is a wrap ¡
MartyClick to view attachment
naro914
Hey Marty
sorry we didn't make the meet and greet - completely slipped our mind until we were just outside the gates!! But great to finally meet you.
so much to see, so much to do...
Mugs914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 25 2015, 12:47 AM) *

Maltese, Mugs(San Diego)and MJhana (Texas)...good meeting with you at the MSDS tent beerchug.gif Click to view attachment

Hey Marty, it was great to meet you officially! I was the Scrutineer for the PCA group and that kept me pretty busy for most of the weekend. So much so that I barely got back over to the vendor island.

REALLY sorry I had to miss the meet n greet. I hope everyone had a good time.

Oh, and the Baker 914 ran great all weekend! We had to make a shift linkage adjustment on Friday and raise the front ride height a bit to keep from bottoming at the Corkscrew. Other than that it was tire pressures and gas! cheer.gif

It was great to see those of you that I DID get to see. Can't wait for the next one!

Edit to say that I've got a few pics to post once I get them downloaded. I'll put 'em up here, if you guy don't mind...

Cheers,

Mugs
Mugs914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 27 2015, 11:01 PM) *

RobW (left) + friend, good to meet you, Rennsport grill sargent jsharp.gif Click to view attachment

The guy in the middle is Brent Knoll who was the other Scrutineer for the PCA group. He has Dave Rodenroth's old 914 roadster race car and is getting it prepped for the track. He also runs a SP1 944.

Sorry, just figured an intro was in order... biggrin.gif

Mugs
Maltese Falcon
Mugs...definitely post the Wayne Baker yellow schoolbus pictures (+others) 914 here ! I do remember speaking to Brent about a new MSDS exhaust part for the 944 spec racers...it just kicked in biggrin.gif
Our black six was also constantly being scrutineered by these Porsche factory guys. On overhearing one of them viewing the engine, it was something like "Holy scheiss" !
They are definitely gearheads like all of us beerchug.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 29 2015, 05:39 PM) *

Mugs...definitely post the Wayne Baker yellow schoolbus pictures (+others) 914 here ! I do remember speaking to Brent about a new MSDS exhaust part for the 944 spec racers...it just kicked in biggrin.gif
Our black six was also constantly being scrutineered by these Porsche factory guys. On overhearing one of them viewing the engine, it was something like "Holy scheiss" !
They are definitely gearheads like all of us beerchug.gif

Great picture

BTW is the guy on the right Max Headroom ?? laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

'73-914kid
That would be Derrick and Eric, my coworkers at PMNA. Both are very experienced with 962s and 935s.
Jeff Hail
Marty,

You know you made it when the factory guys check out what ya got in das boot.

(Holy scheiess translates to : "This American and his old 914 might be a problem for us. What if he does this to a modern Porsche and we have no 935s in storage at the ready to counter him" Quick call the factory".

Harold and Ferry would be proud of you.

Jeff
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 29 2015, 03:53 PM) *

That would be Derrick and Eric, my coworkers at PMNA. Both are very experienced with 962s and 935s.

Probably their first encounter with a horizontal fan 914, but you never know !
Good to see you and Paul at Renn smile.gif
Also a quick shout out to Echo canyons and Jim from Modesto...good talking with you guys.
Ethan at 9148- gtt build HQ welder.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Taking the kids out to Rennsport ( or any car gathering) will usually change their lives forever. Car culture is alive and well at Rennsport for all ages. I had to really be up on my tech answers for Dominic's kids questions biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
echocanyons
Great to meet you Marty and finally see your awesome machine in person.
echocanyons
Great to meet you Marty and finally see your awesome machine in person.
Dominic
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 30 2015, 10:28 PM) *

Taking the kids out to Rennsport ( or any car gathering) will usually change their lives forever. Car culture is alive and well at Rennsport for all ages. I had to really be up on my tech answers for Dominic's kids questions biggrin.gif

Marty, it was great to meet you as well, and yes my boys are into their cars biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
This just in..."Hemmings Motor News" on the Internet today has spied Ethan and Paul's 914-4 and 914-6 campsite at Rennsport5 .
...and thank you guys for running our brand exhaust headers on both of your 914s driving.gif driving.gif
Marty
Click to view attachment
'73-914kid
Thanks for the heads up Marty! Here is a bigger picture. Got to love the screenshot function...haha
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
...and a little bit of evening symphony, played by the horizontal fan orchestra aktion035.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boN7MLLSslg

914-300Hemi
It was great to see you Marty.
I will see at the cars and coffee at Peterson museum.

Ravi.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Sep 29 2015, 05:10 PM) *

Marty,

You know you made it when the factory guys check out what ya got in das boot.

(Holy scheiess translates to : "This American and his old 914 might be a problem for us. What if he does this to a modern Porsche and we have no 935s in storage at the ready to counter him" Quick call the factory".

Harold and Ferry would be proud of you.

Jeff

Jeff...this looks like Ferry Porsche's visit to the PCA Parade in San Diego about 30 years ago. Harald von K did some amazing things to that Kremer 9146gt. The guys that put it back to original Kremer livery had their work cut out for them as well biggrin.gif
You can chat with Harald on Linkedin beerchug.gif
Marty
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Oct 4 2015, 08:44 PM) *

Ravi.

Good to see you as well !
There should be a large assortment of Porsches showing up for the Petersen C + C, Sherwood is bringing his group in from La Crescenta. All we need now is good weather biggrin.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 4 2015, 08:59 PM) *

Ravi.

There should be a large assortment of Porsches showing up for the Petersen C + C, Sherwood is bringing his group in from La Crescenta. All we need now is good weather biggrin.gif

When is the Museum thing happening ?
Heeltoe914
Thanks Marty for the meet and greet. The whole weekend was a blast. Your black car is a work of art, Enjoy
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Oct 5 2015, 08:36 AM) *

Thanks Marty for the meet and greet. The whole weekend was a blast. Your black car is a work of art, Enjoy

Were you there Fri and Sat ?
horizontally-opposed
Sorry to have missed you, Marty...

Hopefully our day will come yet. Too cool about the factory guys, but I knew that would be the case. "A flat fan in ze 914? Ah, zuper!"
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 5 2015, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Oct 5 2015, 08:36 AM) *

Were you there Fri and Sat ?

He was. Came by the RV on Friday PM and saw him on Sat PM at Marty's.
914_teener
Happen to see Leamon....sat down right next to me. Saw my WCR shirt from earlier this year.

Never made it over to Rob W's campsite. Between getting to Salinas at Sat Morning about 1 AM....so much to see! Went with my son whom haven't seen in a while...we had a blast.

Sorry for those I didn't get to see. I left really late Fri.

Thanks for the welcome Marty and sorry Rob.

Rob S.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 5 2015, 12:03 PM) *

Happen to see Leamon....sat down right next to me. Saw my WCR shirt from earlier this year.

Never made it over to Rob W's campsite. Between getting to Salinas at Sat Morning about 1 AM....so much to see! Went with my son whom haven't seen in a while...we had a blast.

Sorry for those I didn't get to see. I left really late Fri.

Thanks for the welcome Marty and sorry Rob.

Rob S.

No worries. I was at Marty's when Magnus rolled in. We may have met after all.

See you at the next RR.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 27 2015, 10:29 PM) *

From the land of the rising sun, MSDS customer Jimmy (+ friend) from Japan.Click to view attachment

So Jimmy's friend Hiroshi owns a Porsche tuning shop in Kobe.
He likes to draw cartoons as well. This is his take on the 911 !
Click to view attachment
Ferg
laugh.gif
Maltese Falcon
[/quote]

[/quote]

Jaime...the Peterson breakfast cruise-in is happening on Sunday Oct. 25, 2015, 730am.
Marty
914-300Hemi

QUOTE(oldschool @ Oct 4 2015, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 4 2015, 08:59 PM) *

Ravi.

According to the web site it is scheduled to reopen in December, 2015

Ravi
Maltese Falcon
[quote name='914-300Hemi' date='Oct 6
[/quote]

[/quote]

According to the web site it is scheduled to reopen in December, 2015

Ravi
[/quote]

The actual grand opening of the remodeled Petersen will be in December 2015. The parking structure where these cruise -ins are held have not been affected/nor closed. ..so there have been several meets held this year.
More about the Oct. 25, 2015 event here :

http://carstories.com/event/breakfast-club-cruise-6/

Be There ! ¡!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.