Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74' 6 conversion for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
JeffBowlsby
Matt I just found your listing. You know this is probably an Creamsicle right? Its within the 914 LE VIN and all it takes is a call to 1800PORSCHE x5 to verify, unless you already have a COA.
billh1963
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 3 2015, 01:04 AM) *

Matt I just found your listing. You know this is probably an Creamsicle right? Its within the 914 LE VIN and all it takes is a call to 1800PORSCHE x5 to verify, unless you already have a COA.

The plot thickens! lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Oct 3 2015, 03:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 3 2015, 01:04 AM) *

The plot thickens! lol-2.gif

That would be interesting..... cheer.gif Take some paint off the bumper in an inconspicuous place?
mepstein
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 15 2015, 03:04 PM) *

Real S motors bring big money (potentially as much as you want for the whole car). You could sell that engine, drop in a 3.0, and still have plenty in your pocket! smile.gif

The 3.0 might be a little more street friendly and it's a win for everyone!

Bill is right. Case in point. I just sold this engine for $20K. Buyer will spend another $15 - 20K at our shop having it rebuilt. It is the correct year and model (69S) for the buyers car but not number matching to the coa.
matthepcat
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 2 2015, 10:04 PM) *

Your correct. It is an LE.

Front bumper has a small chip in the corner with orange paint under it.
IPB Image

Matt
matthepcat
Yea but mine is missing the MFI and the MFI shroud though...which is like $6k +/- of value.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 3 2015, 05:31 AM) *

Real S motors bring big money (potentially as much as you want for the whole car). You could sell that engine, drop in a 3.0, and still have plenty in your pocket! smile.gif

Bill is right. Case in point. I just sold this engine for $20K. Buyer will spend another $15 - 20K at our shop having it rebuilt. It is the correct year and model (69S) for the buyers car but not number matching to the coa.

JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 3 2015, 10:37 AM) *

Matt

Cool...another found. Can you send me the chassis number from the drivers door jamb front plate for the 914 LE Registry?

Thanks and GLWTS.
matthepcat

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 3 2015, 11:42 AM) *

Matt

Cool...another found. Can you send me the chassis number from the drivers door jamb front plate for the 914 LE Registry?

Thanks and GLWTS.

mepstein
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 3 2015, 02:15 PM) *

Yea but mine is missing the MFI and the MFI shroud though...which is like $6k +/- of value.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 3 2015, 05:31 AM) *

I do have an mfi pump for a '70S engine if your buyer decides they need one.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 3 2015, 11:53 AM) *

Matt

Thanks and GLWTS.

I think you mean 0839537?
matthepcat
Oops. your correct.

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 3 2015, 12:39 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 3 2015, 11:53 AM) *

Matt

Thanks and GLWTS.

I think you mean 0839537?

billh1963
$23,650 and 12 hours to go.... biggrin.gif
23e Heure
Do we place bets now on how long the 2.2S engine will stay in Matt's car...?
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Oct 7 2015, 08:34 AM) *

If that happens what are the odds that the car gets restored to it's creamsicle glory?
billh1963
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 7 2015, 10:06 AM) *

If that happens what are the odds that the car gets restored to it's creamsicle glory?

It's a double win for the buyer. Someone gets an S engine (judging by the price it may be someone with the car it came from) and they are left with a pretty solid creamsicle roller. Looks like the original BIN of $20k was too low. Bet the early bidders are kicking themselves now! popcorn[1].gif
matthepcat

I doubt it. Not much left of the creamsicle now.

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 7 2015, 07:06 AM) *

matthepcat

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Oct 7 2015, 07:59 AM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 7 2015, 10:06 AM) *

It's a double win for the buyer. Someone gets an S engine (judging by the price it may be someone with the car it came from) and they are left with a pretty solid creamsicle roller. Looks like the original BIN of $20k was too low. Bet the early bidders are kicking themselves now! popcorn[1].gif

Yea, my thoughts exactly. Still bittersweet for me, but my hope is the car gets a new lease on life in some fashion.
JeffBowlsby
It has Creamsicle DNA...nothing can ever change that. Someone could at least bring back the color scheme, and leave the mods intact and call it a "Screamsicle".

wink.gif
matthepcat
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 7 2015, 08:30 AM) *

It has Creamsicle DNA...nothing can ever change that. Someone could at least bring back the color scheme, and leave the mods intact and call it a "Screamsicle".

wink.gif

laugh.gif

Nice.

Jett

Lol lol lol

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 7 2015, 08:30 AM) *

wink.gif

daytona
Matt,
I sent you a message.
Bill.
matthepcat
Sold, pending payment.
rjames
This was a fun one to watch. Congrats on the sale!
HaraPuzo
Congrats on the sale!
matthepcat
Thanks all. The new owner is a 914world member, so maybe he will surface back here as the new owner.

Matt
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 8 2015, 02:05 PM) *

Thanks all. The new owner is a 914world member, so maybe he will surface back here as the new owner.

Matt

That's cool that it will stay in the '914world' family!
Lennies914
Congratulations Matt !
EdwardBlume
Looks like everybody made out just fine!

So what's next Matt?
matthepcat
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 8 2015, 10:15 PM) *

Looks like everybody made out just fine!

So what's next Matt?

Good question. I had planned to get into a a Subaru conversion...we will see how that pans out.

I am also looking at other options, but I really like the 914 community. cheer.gif

Matt
matthepcat
This car may be available again...as winning bidder may be backing out.

FML
HaraPuzo
thats not cool Matt.
I'm sure someone will grab it quick though.
seemed like your car generated a lot of interest!
good luck
mr2by4
I am still a buyer at $16k.
I think you will have no trouble locating a second. If you make your way down to my bid on Ebay (it is higher than $16k) I would feel quite lucky!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 9 2015, 03:36 PM) *

FML

WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

If I didn't have a pristine /6 in my garage, I'd be there with my checkbook. You have a rare combination of bad ass motor and rare LE - a true Screamsicle.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 9 2015, 07:55 PM) *

FML

WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

If I didn't have a pristine /6 in my garage, I'd be there with my checkbook. You have a rare combination of bad ass motor and rare LE - a true Screamsicle.

put it back on EBay with a 24K BIN.
iwanta914-6

FML

Ahh the joys of eBay...sorry the bidder is possibly backing out.
matthepcat

aktion035.gif

FML

WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

put it back on EBay with a 24K BIN.

matthepcat
SOLD! Deposit received.

beerchug.gif
matthepcat
Double post
daytona
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 7 2015, 11:30 AM) *

wink.gif

Hi all,
I just wanted to revive this thread to give an update on this car. I ended up buying the car after the original winner of the auction backed out. The car is already on a transport and on its way to Florida.
I have some plans for the car that include bringing back the Creamsicle colors, cleaning up the interior and oil tank in the trunk, and maybe change the engine. I have a 3.0L motor that could go in, but I like the idea of the 2.2S motor that it is in it now.
I like the name "Screamsicle" that Jeff Bowlsby came up with. Or maybe Screamster.
I'll post some photos as I add some personal touches and make it more to my taste. This car is not being parted out. At the very most it will get a 3.0L.
Thanks to Matt for being helpful and accommodating with the shipping schedule for the car. Stay tuned...
Bill.
iwanta914-6
Nice purchase!
matthepcat

QUOTE(daytona @ Oct 26 2015, 01:45 PM) *

wink.gif

Hi all,
I just wanted to revive this thread to give an update on this car. I ended up buying the car after the original winner of the auction backed out. The car is already on a transport and on its way to Florida.
I have some plans for the car that include bringing back the Creamsicle colors, cleaning up the interior and oil tank in the trunk, and maybe change the engine. I have a 3.0L motor that could go in, but I like the idea of the 2.2S motor that it is in it now.
I like the name "Screamsicle" that Jeff Bowlsby came up with. Or maybe Screamster.
I'll post some photos as I add some personal touches and make it more to my taste. This car is not being parted out. At the very most it will get a 3.0L.
Thanks to Matt for being helpful and accommodating with the shipping schedule for the car. Stay tuned...
Bill.

smilie_pokal.gif

Excited to see what you do with the car Bill.

Since you intend to track it, I say swap out the trunk lids for Fiberglass, bring back her creamsicle look, sell off the 2.2s to fund all your project!

Matt
Mueller
Sounds like it went to a great home!

Congrats...now what Matt?
aufgates
QUOTE(daytona @ Oct 26 2015, 04:45 PM) *

wink.gif

Hi all,
Bill.
congrats! I like your plans for the car.. that S motor could pay a few bills... should you think of selling and the 3.0 wouldn't disappoint any throttle junkie - good luck- looking forward to updates -
matthepcat
Im on the hunt. Most likely another watercooled venture....

I think of getting back to my hotrod roots, but I think I would miss the 914 community to be honest.

QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 28 2015, 11:05 AM) *

Sounds like it went to a great home!

Congrats...now what Matt?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.