Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tach
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cpavlenko
where is the tach wire in engine compartment.
914Mels
should be in the harness going to the coil.
cpavlenko
QUOTE(914Mels @ Sep 16 2015, 11:54 AM) *

should be in the harness going to the coil.

what is causing my tach to bounce?
zipedadoo
From what I've read it's the tach itself.

What part of Arizona do you live in? I live near Show low. Be nice to have another local teener.
cpavlenko
QUOTE(zipedadoo @ Sep 16 2015, 12:27 PM) *

From what I've read it's the tach itself.

What part of Arizona do you live in? I live near Show low. Be nice to have another local teener.

Chino Valley.
Dave_Darling
Could also be the points, condensor, distributor ground, or wiring. But the tach itself is the most likely problem.

--DD
porschetub
Purple/black from tach to 14pin on relay board from memory,don't know if it stays that colour from engine 12pin harness to coil .
Check the connection/condition of the wires at as many points as you can also check you a good earth on the back of the tacho and have full 12volts going to it (red/white wire).
Failing that get it repaired or fit good secondhand one, the cost to repair could be up there.
cpavlenko
Thanks for all the info guys, I'll check it all out tomorrow. I really like 914world for all the great input i get back, thanks. beerchug.gif oh, I'm not using points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.