Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suby conversion question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
I need a new clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, and a new pilot bearing for a svx engine/2002 rs mt5 trans. What and where do I purchase?
76-914
It's in Chris' thread
DBCooper
When we put the Subaru transmission into my son's car we used a lightened Exedy flywheel and performance clutch. It really spiced things up. Don't need a stock weight flywheel in such a light car.

mepstein
smallcar has this kit for $650 -
https://www.smallcar.com/index.php?dispatch...roduct_id=29809
Is it the right kit?
Is the price reasonable or too much?
Chris H.
That's a lot of $. An OEM kit including the flywheel is less than that. Most people seem to be using the OEM Exedy kits, you just have to make sure you get the right one for your trans. NASIOC was pretty helpful. Some of the kits fit, but the clutch doesn't engage right and the disc gets chewed up. You're matching everything to the trans, not the engine BTW.

Here is a good piece of info:

wrong clutch!

See how easy it is to get the wrong one? Not sure if that KSB04 is correct or not, I would cross-reference it a couple of times just to be sure. You can look at the Exedy site.

Search on www.25rs.com as well. Dedicated somewhat to the 2.5RS. Search KSB04 over there and see what you find.

BTW while you're at it there is an oil separator on the engine under the flywheel that is made of plastic. There is a metal replacement now that you might want to swap out. You can get them on e-bay. Part # 11831AA210

Oh and you will also need new flywheel bolts. The ones for your flex plate are way too short. Part # 800610740
mepstein
Anything else I need with the clutch kit? Do I need to deal with stage one/stage two or is this a non issue. Any help or suggestions appreciated!
914forme
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Sep 17 2015, 08:42 AM) *

BTW while you're at it there is an oil separator on the engine under the flywheel that is made of plastic. There is a metal replacement now that you might want to swap out. You can get them on e-bay. Part # 11831AA210

agree.gif All my Subby's have leaked from the plastic POS, while your in there fix it, one less thing to hopefully leak.

And yes don't forget the bolts, I did, still haven't order them. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.