Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport V -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
EdwardBlume
I'm going to Rennsport V without either 914 and will be there from Thursday night to Sunday. I'd like to have either a lunch or dinner, and can bring hot dogs, chips, and beer.

I need to know who all is going and what day / time is best to coordinate. I don't want to encroach on other key events, but would love to hang out with as many 914 folks as possible, especially the out of town folks.

Rob
914_teener
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 18 2015, 05:31 PM) *

I'm going to Rennsport V without either 914 and will be there from Thursday night to Sunday. I'd like to have either a lunch or dinner, and can bring hot dogs, chips, and beer.

I need to know who all is going and what day / time is best to coordinate. I don't want to encroach on other key events, but would love to hang out with as many 914 folks as possible, especially the out of town folks.

Rob

Rob S. +1 (my son..also another Rob) beerchug.gif Sat Lunch works.

wes
Are you thinking after Rennsport activities as there was some mention of going to dinner one evening at a restaurant that Jim mentioned in I think Marina as a number of the members are staying at HoJo's in Marina.
wes
If we did lunch would anybody be interested in a small swap meet as I was thinking of bringing some parts that are odd size for shipping.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(wes @ Sep 18 2015, 07:35 PM) *

Are you thinking after Rennsport activities as there was some mention of going to dinner one evening at a restaurant that Jim mentioned in I think Marina as a number of the members are staying at HoJo's in Marina.

I'll go if I can get a lift and back.

Site C-94 is up on a hill overlooking turn 5 and my awning will be open and facing the track. I'm happy to host a lunch or whatever. I just need an idea of headcount and firm up the time.

Sat. lunch makes sense but I'll have extra people there (the kids). If we want to be boys Friday all day works too.

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(wes @ Sep 18 2015, 07:39 PM) *

If we did lunch would anybody be interested in a small swap meet as I was thinking of bringing some parts that are odd size for shipping.

There will be a lot of people. I'd think twice about carting around or leaving in your car anything of value. That said, I'm happy to bring any WTBs to the event. I have big storage.
Alphaogre
I'm going and not taking my teener either. We are camping between turns 9 and 10 Thursday through Sunday.
EdwardBlume
Here the map
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Sep 18 2015, 09:08 PM) *

I'm going and not taking my teener either. We are camping between turns 9 and 10 Thursday through Sunday.

What time do you plan to roll in Thursday? I'll likely get there late. You're welcome to come over anytime. I'm on the other side of the park though...
EdwardBlume
This is the space and the partial view of turn 5...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 18 2015, 09:41 PM) *

This is the space and the partial view of turn 5...

jim_hoyland

FYI- It's the Kula Ranch. Located near the end of Reservation Rd at 3295 Dunes Road
Marina CA 93933
Good parking, right on the beach, reasonable $$$
I go there for lunch too
wes
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 19 2015, 12:02 PM) *

FYI- It's the Kula Ranch. Located near the end of Reservation Rd at 3295 Dunes Road
Marina CA 93933
Good parking, right on the beach, reasonable $$$
I go there for lunch too

Sounds like lunch at Robs camping site on Friday and dinner on one evening after a day of Rennsport at Kula Ranch! I'd second that Kula Ranch is good I stayed at the RV park just down the road and grabbed dinner there my first night for the 2012 WCR.
campbellcj
Here's a camping map - I will be at Turn 5 as well, in space Track View 225. I will be in hardcore roaming photographer mode not hanging around at the campsite much during the daytime, though.

See ya there!
914_teener
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 20 2015, 11:15 AM) *

Here's a camping map - I will be at Turn 5 as well, in space Track View 225. I will be in hardcore roaming photographer mode not hanging around at the campsite much during the daytime, though.

See ya there!

Finally got em in the mail Friday

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Cool. I'll do lunch then Friday and Sat. I'll bring dogs, chips, and beer. If we run out, somebody can go to Costco.

Friday and Sat nights, I'll have a fire as well. Look at the stars (the real ones - not the chumps flying in with their jets)....

jim_hoyland
Will we be able to drive back in say in the evening ? and where can we park ?
GeorgeRud
Anyone have any current information on the fires at Laguna Seca? I think it was affecting the Monterey/Salinas road the last I had heard.

We're staying in Seaside, so I think we!0'll be OK.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 21 2015, 12:22 PM) *

Will we be able to drive back in say in the evening ? and where can we park ?

Not sure. I have a pass for wifey's car but that's it. Anybody have a golf cart?
jim_hoyland
Name: Laureles Fire
County: Monterey County
Administrative Unit: CAL FIRE San Benito-Monterey Unit
Acres Burned - Containment 95 acres - 95% contained
Date Started: September 19, 2015 3:25 pm
Last update: September 21, 2015 7:35 am

This may be it...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 21 2015, 12:26 PM) *

Anyone have any current information on the fires at Laguna Seca? I think it was affecting the Monterey/Salinas road the last I had heard.

We're staying in Seaside, so I think we!0'll be OK.

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/blogs/...30749e50cf.html
wes
The fire was caused by a bad shot at the Laguna Seca Rifel and Pistol Range, a shooter accidentally shot a concrete culvert and the spark ignited a grass fire that lasted about an hour before it was extinguished. The campground area was closed during the fire dew to smoke and reopened shortly after the blaze was put out , no damage to the camping area and no one was hurt.
mapguy
I'll be there all 3 days with my Dad. Teener is still in pieces. I'll at least swing by and introduce myself. Looking forward to it!
SirAndy
If you guys plan to do a dinner in Marina, i'd be happy to come down and hang out.
chowtime.gif

I won't be at the track though, can't stand that many people in one place ...
dry.gif
wes
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 21 2015, 01:01 PM) *

If you guys plan to do a dinner in Marina, i'd be happy to come down and hang out.
chowtime.gif

dry.gif

The big kahuna's coming, now it's time to make a plan!
As far as how many people are at the track I agree but I love the cars so much over the years I've learned to do it in my own funny way.
wes
Sorry sold the corral parking! Oh well another season has nearly gone by and my car still not quite done, I have the corral parking pass and won't be able to use it so if anybody needs one drop me a line I'll let it go for face value $50 confused24.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 21 2015, 01:01 PM) *

chowtime.gif

dry.gif

Come by Andy.....that would be cool.

siverson
My brother and I will be there on Friday & Saturday!

-Steve
914_3.0
Hope to see some of you there. I volunteer for SCRAMP, and will be working one of the info booths on Saturday. Nina should be nearby. Would love to meet some of you!

Todd
Alphaogre
I'll be at camp section E6-438. Going to hang around the track the hole time.
mrfourteen
Space 602 corkscrew view all 3 days No teener ready so Suzuki X90 "The Toad"
It's just like a 911 but completely different.

Click to view attachment

Our set up in 2011 for Rolex Re. same space.

E type just like a 914 but completely different.

Click to view attachment
jcd914
We'll be neighbors, I'll be in CSV-605.
Same site I had for years for the ALMS and now the Tudor Series races.
I'll have my F-150 and 5th wheel trailer, sadly no 914 or other similar cars.

Jim
EdwardBlume
Well if we are posting pictures.... 2002 Monaco Knight 32 diesel - currently for sale.
Andyrew
Anyone know if pets are allowed on site?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 22 2015, 12:36 PM) *

Anyone know if pets are allowed on site?

Pets are usually OK in campsites. That said, leave Fido at home. It gets really loud and you might have a tough time fitting ear plugs.
EdwardBlume
http://www.mazdaraceway.com/park-information

Pets are allowed in campsites on leash only.
Ferg
If I am now to busy helping in the pits Friday I will make my way over for lunch Friday at Rob's site. aktion035.gif
Andyrew
Thanks for the info Rob!
Alphaogre
This will be us. Should be there from thursday to sunday!

Click to view attachment
914_teener

Ok....Sat lunch still ok Rob? Looks like the Effiel class is only Sat.

What time was everyone thinking of going to Marina....without spamming the place?

I.ll bring donations Rob.
jeffdon
Whats the deal for access to the camping areas after hours? I guess my corral pass will get me in, right?
jcd914
The coral pass may not get you back in.
Everyone camping get a "Camping Support Vehicle" pass and they pass out camping wrist bands when you come into the camping area.
Not sure how strict they will be for Rennsport.
For the ALMS & Tudor races I have had to have the support vehicle pass but never needed the wrist band.

Jim
RoadGlue
I'll be at the track Saturday, wandering around and drooling. I'm sure I'll see some of you there. :-)
EdwardBlume
The plan is to do lunch Fri and Sat but people are welcome anytime. I figure folks can PM me if needed.
ClayPerrine
Betty and I are packing to leave now. We will be at the track if someone sees us, let us know where to find the party.

We will be in proper 914 apparel. :-)
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 23 2015, 05:38 PM) *

Betty and I are packing to leave now. We will be at the track if someone sees us, let us know where to find the party.

We will be in proper 914 apparel. :-)

Clay, where are you and Betty flying in and out of?
Betty
We're flying into San Francisco, will meet up with Robyn and Travis Howard (also from Texas) at the airport, then we're driving down Highway 1 to get to the HoJo in Marina late this afternoon/early evening.

We're open for any get-togethers; we'd be happy to contribute to any party funds too! :-)
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 24 2015, 07:20 AM) *

We're flying into San Francisco, will meet up with Robyn and Travis Howard (also from Texas) at the airport, then we're driving down Highway 1 to get to the HoJo in Marina late this afternoon/early evening.

We're open for any get-togethers; we'd be happy to contribute to any party funds too! :-)

Travel safe! It will be great to meet you all. I'll be in site C-94 directly across from turn 5.
SirAndy
So are you guys doing dinner in Marina on Saturday evening or not???
confused24.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 24 2015, 10:08 AM) *

So are you guys doing dinner in Marina on Saturday evening or not???
confused24.gif

MSDS is doing a Meet N Greet at 5PM Sat.
I'm doing lunch Fri and Sat. Hot Dogs and Beer.
Since I have no car, I can't join any offsite dinner unless I can get a lift. I'm planning to kick back by the fire in the evenings.

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.