Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: drain tube in front trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wilchek
Does anyone know which hole the drain tube should be in, in the front trunk. Is it the hole under the tire or the one closest to the fire wall.
bd1308
i actually am unfamiliar with this. I was unaware that the front trunk HAD a drain tube. Are you talking about the one that is for the fresh air box? Please post some pictures

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
mattillac
drain tube for what? fresh air box? gas tank overflow? headlight buckets? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (wilchek @ Mar 5 2005, 02:49 PM)
Is it the hole under the tire

you have a hole under your tire ???
confused24.gif

mattillac
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 5 2005, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (wilchek @ Mar 5 2005, 02:49 PM)
Is it the hole under the tire

you have a hole under your tire ???
confused24.gif

agree.gif
smrz914
could it be the hose that connects to the spare tire valve to presureize the windshield washer fluid tank?
Doug Leggins
Here's a pic that should help. I think that wilchek is asking about 1 & 2.

I'm not sure what goes in 1 & 2. Or 3 - 6 either.

I am going to expand on Wilchek's question. Anyone know what goes in each 1-6?

Wilchek - Are you referring to a drain tube that is several inches long and just hangs down from the front trunk? I've seen a pic of a car with front drains but can't remember where. Anyone else seen the drain tubes? Got pics?
wilchek
"This Thread is Worthless without PIcs" OK I guess I deserved that, here are the pics. It is simplly the drain tube that vents any thing from the bottom of the trunk. If you look under some cars in the front you will see the hose piece hanging down. So, does anyone know where it should go, in hole A or B. One should be a plug like the others and one should be the drain tube ($5.00 btw) in the second pic. Hopes this clarifies things
SirAndy
QUOTE (wilchek @ Mar 5 2005, 06:04 PM)
Hopes this clarifies things

aha, now we're talking ... biggrin.gif

mine was excatly like yours, the little plugs/drains in the 4 front holes, 2 rear holes empty ...

wonder what they were used for ...
idea.gif Andy
Doug Leggins
Do you have a part number for that drain tube? Where did you buy it?

I would like to add that finishing touch to my car.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Doug Leggins @ Mar 5 2005, 06:12 PM)
I would like to add that finishing touch to my car.

actually, them drain holes work *much* *better* *without* the rubber drain plugs installed ...

wink.gif Andy
wilchek
I was thinking about leaving it out, But I am afraid that more water would be pushed up it as the hole is fairly large. I figured for 5 bucks replace it and give the truck some proper venting. I know my Honda has the same system in the trunk and it works fine.

I am sure GPR can get it for you. Should be less than 5 bucks. Here is the part bag it came in. From the part # I would say it is the same part used on 911 so it should be easy enough to get. I am getting one of the plugs missing from a salvage yard as I order a part and asked to throw one in. I assume the plug can be bought new also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.