Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 1973 1.7L Timing chain cap / cover thing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
FlippinEh
Missing the cap in the pic. Need shipped to Aberta Canada please.
TheCabinetmaker
I have some. Shipping will cost more than the part
TheCabinetmaker
First class mail would be about 9.00 usd. You can pay me what ever the part is worth to you.
sean_v8_914
try flat rate box or envelope $5.
euro911
Wow, is it that much for a small padded envelope? ... blink.gif

I screwed in a PVC pipe nipple with a cap on it until I finally got the correct cap from a parts car.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Sep 22 2015, 12:12 PM) *

try flat rate box or envelope $5.

Not when you are shipping to Canada.

Wow, is it that much for a small padded envelope? ...

Crazy isn't it. Just a letter is $1.25 to Canada.
TheCabinetmaker
Small flat rate box is not $5.00. It's almost $30.00. I don't normally price any shipping without knowing what I'm talking about wavey.gif
forrestkhaag
Well...... Since you have immersed yourself into this usually rough crowd.... Timing Chain??? 1.7?

The technical term is Fan Shroud Screw-top Peekaboo Hole Insert.... or FSSPHI for short.

poke.gif

beerchug.gif
FlippinEh
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Sep 22 2015, 10:01 AM) *

I have some. Shipping will cost more than the part

Pm sent smile.gif
FlippinEh
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Sep 22 2015, 03:09 PM) *

Well...... Since you have immersed yourself into this usually rough crowd.... Timing Chain??? 1.7?

The technical term is Fan Shroud Screw-top Peekaboo Hole Insert.... or FSSPHI for short.

poke.gif

beerchug.gif

Someone told me it was the timing belt or chain cover. I'm a 914 noob lol. I don't have the thingamajig so That's what I thought it was smile.gif
euro911
It's more of an inspection port for checking/adjusting the ignition timing settings. You can run without a cap, but it does release some cooling air that should be going somewhere else. Heck, you can even stuff a tapered rubber stopper (like a cork) in the hole until you gain access to the correct part idea.gif

Maybe someone else up in Canuckland has a spare, or can set up a group buy for a quantity and split the high shipping cost, amongst the needing recipients - just a thought confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Flippin, your part is boxed. Will go out tomorrow. Gonna send you a couple of valve cover gaskets too.

Curt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.