Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spoiler clears the driveway!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I installed the front bumper/spoiler today cause I needed to verify it would clear the driveway when I pull in and out. I do need to go very slow but it clears by about 1/2 inch. Took it for a little romp down the street again today and the throttle stuck on me a little. Kind of scary but I was able to tap the pedal and it backed off. Time to go through double check everything again. Found a steering coupler that was missing the pinch bolt while installing the gauges. So I need to replace that first thing. It's the little stuff. Now I am off to the store to get some more nuts and bolts and washers. Tomorrow is another day. The white car is just in need of tires and bodywork now. Runs good, shifts perfect and slides easily around corners. Nice torque on it too, should do well in an AX. We will see.
Joe Bob
make sure ya fix the loose nut behind the steering wheel....

blink.gif

Congrats...yer getting close.
Aaron Cox
yay for joo! laugh.gif clap.gif clap.gif

ill check it out in person on friday...
Twystd1
Oh, before i forget Scott...

Remember the missing bolt that holds the universal joint together on the steering column?

Yup... Put it in....

And what MikeZ said... Fix that nut first........ Use a BIG wrench.......

Twystd1

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Twystd1
Just to add insult to injury..

That aint no spoiler. It's a diaplane.

A spoiler goes on the back of a car....

And a wing nut is whats behind the steering wheel........ blink.gif

Da seriously Twystd1
>
>
>
>
>
FYI: A spoiler can also mean a X wife.
Joe Ricard
We passed on a house a few years back because the 928 couldn't get into the driveway. Ain't no way the 914 would go over.
skline
Well, my driveway isnt all that steep. Normal 914's pull in and out with no problem. The Chalon however is or was very low in the front. I would take normal driveways at an angle but I felt it was important to be able to get in and out of my home driveway without destroying the front of my car. I am sure there are dips out there that will scrape and when I park in a parking lot I wont be pulling in very close to the curbs. The Chalon actually rides nicer than the white car. I am curious how it handles around corners. I am working on it this weekend to get it ready for some drive time to get used to the car and see how it handles on the street and freeway. I should have it ready today for a nice long drive to test it out. But yes, the turnbuckle bolt is a very important one I think so its time to go over the entire car to make sure every nut bolt and washer is installed. I can get started again on the car in about an hour. I dont want to wake up my neighbors.
Brando
Nice scott... I vaugely remember *scraaaaape* that the thing rubbed a litte on the *scraaaaaaape* driveway a bit... so did you raise the front end, or trim the fiberglass valence? did you install those replacement roller bearings/bushings? how do those feel in the car?
skline
I have not tackled that job yet. I raised the front of the car and put air in the tires. It brought it up enough to clear going in and out. I may not get to the rear bushings till after the WCC. It depends on time and what else I have to do. The white car is ready for body work and tires now and the Chalon is really close, I just need to hook up all the lights and moutn the plates so it is legal to run on the street. Then I will primer it and it will be ready to go to WCC. The white car needs all the work now. All body and paint.
MattR
How much did you end up raising the front? Whats the stance like now? Eh, I guess i'll see it on friday when I drop off a-aron's bushings.
skline
Well, here is a picture of it just outside the door. I like the way it looks.
Trekkor
Mine is VERY low as well.
Get some more shots out in the sun for us to look at.

KT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 6 2005, 02:09 PM)
Mine is VERY low as well.
Get some more shots out in the sun for us to look at.

KT

that doesnt count! yours is rubber...plyable and forgiving! rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.