Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash face options...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Eric_Shea
Utttt Uhhhhhhhhh ohmy.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(7T Porsha @ Apr 26 2006, 10:00 AM) *

These look awesome, but I want to do a wood face dash. Anyone have a generic outline template or dimensions for a one piece face????

I need the same thing, want to do one in CF, a template would be great! I guess I will have to make my own...
7TPorsh
So has the aluminum dash lost a little popularity?
I am thinking the wood dash is a lot of extra work; especially since I don't have any kind of template (hint hint) and I bent up my plates getting the old oak dash off.
I don't even have straight plates to use if I do any kind of material; I am thinking a black perforated vinyl may look good with a matching center console.
Are you all doing this without any plates and straight onto the main dash metal? ... or is there a template. Those $50 metal dashes look great; but would be a waste to wrap anything around them...
Rand
If you use material instead of metal or wood, it's a piece of cake. Cut it big, use spray adhesive to hold it to the face, let some excess fold over the edges and trim with scissors. The dash pads cover the edges.

If you need to make a template, you could start with paper board / poster paper, lay it on the face and push firmly on the edges. This makes visible marks and you can trim with scissors. A couple of test fits and trims and you get a template. You can do it in sections and tape together. It doesn't have to be absolutely perfect since the edges are covered by the dash pads. Around the steering wheel is where you have to be the most careful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.