Full Version: The return of project Scarlet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
AndyB
No Paul you may not try and undercut me at DMV. shades.gif
AndyB
QUOTE(914forme @ Oct 7 2015, 12:25 PM) *

Stephen,

Thanks for posting this, I just might have to invest in some of that.

Andy
AndyB
So today I am going to attempt to finish one wheel for the 5 lug conversion. I ran into a slight problem with one of the screws, but it's been soaking all night in PB Blaster. Now when I go out there hopefully it will have penetrated enough to back out the last screw. I am doing small tasks to really help get me motivated. After a trip to Tangerine Racing this past weekend, and gettting a well needed shot of motivation. There are some changes being made to the otgional plan, the power plant will be a Subaru 2.5l N/A engine with transmission. I am saving the 2.2 for the yellow bomber.

Andy
AndyB
Ok so I am flea bay shopping for an engine wiring harness a for a 2002 Impreza Outback manual is there a diferance between the automatic and the standard?
AndyB
5 lug rims with tires. Rears are 245/40 R17. The fronts are 225/45R17 got these for a very reasonable price. They are custom so the look is exactly what I am looking for.

Click to view attachment

AndyB
The scariest part for me is getting ready to happen.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(AndyB @ Mar 13 2017, 08:08 AM) *

So today I am going to attempt to finish one wheel for the 5 lug conversion. I ran into a slight problem with one of the screws, but it's been soaking all night in PB Blaster. Now when I go out there hopefully it will have penetrated enough to back out the last screw. I am doing small tasks to really help get me motivated. After a trip to Tangerine Racing this past weekend, and gettting a well needed shot of motivation. There are some changes being made to the otgional plan, the power plant will be a Subaru 2.5l N/A engine with transmission. I am saving the 2.2 for the yellow bomber.

Andy

Heat it with a torch. Even propane will work. Get it nice and hot. Then as it cools, touch it with an old candle and let the wax seep in. Wax wont flame like penetrating oil but it works well.
AndyB
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 13 2017, 11:39 AM) *

QUOTE(AndyB @ Mar 13 2017, 08:08 AM) *

Andy

Heat it with a torch. Even propane will work. Get it nice and hot. Then as it cools, touch it with an old candle and let the wax seep in. Wax wont flame like penetrating oil but it works well.

Thanks Mark
AndyB
Thanks Mark that work.

AndyB
saigon71
Welcome back Andy! beerchug.gif
AndyB
Ok so I see time has once again eluded me. I am trying to do a once a week update as I continue this build. I have been busy pinning my flares to where I felt they just look the best. I am also working the 5 lug conversion. I already know the rear is going to need a spacer.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
AndyB
I was given the all clear to start cutting so it's time to get a cutting.. sawzall-smiley.gif
AndyB
Just cut my first fender icon8.gif no turning back now.

Andy B.
injunmort
burn em in
Tom_T
Hmmmm..... idea.gif
I don't see anything askew you said on here. huh.gif

Well, it looks like Scarlet's hips have gotten bigger pal! biggrin.gif

Keep at it Bud! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
AndyB
Thanks TomT. However here are the pictures that make me queasy....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

There is some body work that I need to take care of. So the question is, since the areas are at the front and rear of the flare should I fix the bumps now or after welding the flare on? Enquiring mnds want to know. biggrin.gif

AndyB

Tom_T
QUOTE(AndyB @ Mar 28 2017, 10:20 AM) *

There is some body work that I need to take care of. So the question is, since the areas are at the front and rear of the flare should I fix the bumps now or after welding the flare on? Enquiring mnds want to know. biggrin.gif

AndyB

I recall some of the pix at the start of this thread, & would say fix them first so your flares are going onto "done" clean body work & giving best fit. Just the metal work - not any bondo nor build for finish, which you'll want to do with the flares on to blend it all nicely.

Maybe Alien Rick or one of our other bodywork Pro members will weigh in on it too?

You might also want to protect your bare metal with some Wurth weld-through High Zinc primer (or similar from Eastwood, etc.) so it stays rust-free.

I've been doing that religiously whenever I wire wheel any surface rust areas on mine, since I'm on the 50-year-plan for my resto! dry.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T

Hey! .... I just noticed that you got your barn floor concreted in!! piratenanner.gif

PS - Don't mind me, I'm old & have Half-zymers, so I only catch half the s**t half the time! biggrin.gif

slits.gif .... (Cheers to Slits!)

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
AndyB
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 28 2017, 02:39 PM) *

Hey! .... I just noticed that you got your barn floor concreted in!! piratenanner.gif

PS - Don't mind me, I'm old & have Half-zymers, so I only catch half the s**t half the time! biggrin.gif

slits.gif .... (Cheers to Slits!)

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Pssssst Tom, it's always been that way poke.gif

Andy B
Tom_T
Andy .... you had gravel in the barn - most of it anyway, when I was in there, & talked about wanting to get it completely paved! So I thought you did it all.

I'm not that far gone! blink.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
AndyB
Ok so here is the rear corner piece in question. I have a piece that I got from Racerchris that should fit the area. So do I cut out and put the new/old piece or do I do some body work and beat this area into submission? Looking for some ideas here folks.

Click to view attachment

Thanks,

AndyB
AndyB
PMB suspension on the way. Can't wait for it to arrive piratenanner.gif Just another part in a long list. beer3.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(AndyB @ Mar 28 2017, 11:00 AM) *

Ok so here is the rear corner piece in question. I have a piece that I got from Racerchris that should fit the area. So do I cut out and put the new/old piece or do I do some body work and beat this area into submission? Looking for some ideas here folks.

Click to view attachment

Thanks,

AndyB

Depending on how good you are with a hammer & dolly, etc. - you should be able to straighten that out yourself, &/or get a local body pro or hobbyist-expert to help or advise for getting it smooth.

I've done that much of a dent myself on dents in other cars in the past with borrowed body tools, so it's possible.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.