Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad's out !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
redshift
Lyressa watch your language! If you say ass, mask it, so Andy will understand.. esel...

Brad, I hope you learned your lesson: Never buy anything earlier than a 73. smile.gif

Esel...

M
Birgit
1. Birgit. She watched me get loaded into a unmarked car in cuffs. She could have easily ignored the whole thing and gone back to her life and stayed out of this whole mess. Instead she dove in head first rounding up the troops, and contacted people to help with my bail. She was the frist person to visit me in San Mateo and the first person to help me get my projects organized for completion while I was "away". She has given up 100's of hours of her time to help someone she didnt have to help. For this I am greatful. Birgit, you are a great friend. Everyone should have a friend like you. I am forever in debt to you for your help and dedication to this matter.

I, too, want to thank Birgit for spearheading this whole thing. We would all have been in a world of hurt without her dedication.

Geeez, enough already...you just need to understand that that is just who I am. If my best buddy is in need, and helpless on top of it all, I will give anything and everything in order to help out where I can. Well also, him having left his cell phone with me, made me an immediate secretary. wink.gif

I felt very helpless for so many days, not finding a lawyer, not getting anywhere and not knowing what the next step is, but in the end I found the support of many 914club family members and started to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks to everyone for all of their support.

At this point I'm just sooo glad that we got him out boldblue.gif grouphug.gif

The immediate next step is to get some meat on the guy's bones beer3.gif chowtime.gif

...a kick in the ass is still in order though, for making everyone worry and loose lots of sleep alfred.gif

-Birgit
spunone
Glad your out and stay out .Like they say behind every good man is a better woman.But in Brads case that would be two women.Never met Brad or even talked to him but have listened to his 914 family he started thats why ya gotta love him beer.gif
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 8 2005, 05:04 PM)
Lyressa watch your language! If you say ass, mask it, so Andy will understand.. esel...

Hehehehe.... happy11.gif
scotty914
welcome back, glad your out, have a beer on me

you've got to much going on for me to say anything else
Gint
I'm gonna tack a little extra on your bill for pain and suffering...

Congratulations B.

(You didn't drop the soap didya?) user posted image
McMark
Good to hear your "voice" again man. Things are crazy, but I have every confidence that everything is going to work out okay for you and everyone involved. We're all behind you, and don't hesitate to ask for anything. biggrin.gif

Welcome back.
Brett W
Yeah this country has forgotten the whole "innocent until proven guilty" premise that our justice system is based on. That sorry rag that calls itself a news paper (the San Bernadino Sun), just proved that they don't know how to put anything but biased drivel in print. According to the blurb our boy is guilty. I call BS. I guess in the media the facts have little meaning on the situation. Villification seems to be the order of the day.

We got your back here Brad.
TimT
Hey Brad... ummmm I know how you feel...

Welcome back
jimtab
Brad, have a tall Iced Tea, and relax....we all piss upon your accusers from a great heighth...
pete-stevers
Ya hooooo!!!! smilie_pokal.gif glad you are out Brad! smilie_pokal.gif
we will support you all the way....time for a beerchug.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Mar 8 2005, 02:03 PM)

I'm emotionally overwhelmed by the outpouring of support. I never knew so many people could support a pain in the ass like me.

Youre a worthwhile pain in the ass to support! ..and I dont even know you that well! All I can say is that your insights have helped me with my little ugly bug over the past 3 years.

iiibdsiil
I think when this is all over, buddy boy accuser should have to spend a couple nights in jail, just so he can see what it will put you through. I have never been, but I know a lot of people that have said "I will never go back" and has stopped them from screwing up in the future. From the stories I have heard, it is a personal goal of mine to make sure I never end up there, not even for a night.

I wish you the best, I know this will all work out in the end.

I find it funny that the judge doesn't understand why would we support an asshole like you. Especially an asshole that has bailed us out of many problems with our cars, taught us a whole lot, and really isn't that big of an asshole to begin with.
jonwatts
Guys, they don't turn big rocks into little rocks anymore, that was prison in the old days.

Brad, I would like my license plate to say **914** wink.gif

I'm really glad you are home but sorry this isn't over yet. If I can help you know I'm close by (very close by).

It's the tough times that help you appreciate the good times.

Jon

PS - I think we might need to advertise the legal fund to a wider audience (a.k.a )Save Toby
Jenny
Poor Toby!! Have you contributed to it yet??

Hm.... Brad's bail fund, or save Toby....? Tough call... Although, Toby doesn't have opposible thumbs to help work on the teener. wink.gif

Jen
Hawktel
Welcome back Brad.

I understand you got to keep it quiet on your defence and such, but if you need help, I hope the message is put out here, where you can get help.

Ohh and no worries on the jail thing, I know you and me aint the only ones on this board that did a night or two in the slammer. I only wish my time was due to as worthy of cause as a old 914.

Hell Miles did 2 weeks over that whole parakett/vasaline/food proccesor thing he told me.

Anyway beer3.gif
jgullock
QUOTE (Brett W @ Mar 8 2005, 09:22 PM)
Yeah this country has forgotten the whole "innocent until proven guilty" premise that our justice system is based on. That sorry rag that calls itself a news paper (the San Bernadino Sun), just proved that they don't know how to put anything but biased drivel in print. According to the blurb our boy is guilty. I call BS. I guess in the media the facts have little meaning on the situation. Villification seems to be the order of the day.

We got your back here Brad.

Damn!! The newspaper morons valued the car at $150K!!
tdgray
All I want to know is..... huh.gif

will there be a defense mounted using 27 8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one. biggrin.gif

Oh and please no pictures of Mike Z's butt barf.gif

Welcome back Brad. clap.gif
JWest
Thanks for posting Brad, it's good to hear from you.

Don't get down on yourself, you can't control the past, or what life hands you sometimes, you can only make a difference in the present and future.

You've seen the support poured out here - you're obvioulsly someone pretty special - can the whole club be wrong?

Oh yeah, alfred.gif - don't get too cocky. biggrin.gif
chunger
I'm not going to try to ringy ding ding Brad's cell, but if you need anything or anyone else who's helping to help someone help someone help Brad needs anything gimme a holler. I can spare some time to do whatever. Good to see you back!

-'Chung
tat2dphreak
glad to see you on the board Brad! this whole thing is surreal! hope things are better soon!

take care!
Bleyseng
Glad you are out Brad, hmm, ARE you Brad?? You seem too nice...what happened to the asshole cuz you are gonna need him to fight this "collector" guy.

Let me know if you need anything, dude. Got to talk to Birgit a few times while you was gone, treat her nice as you need friends like that.

Now 'bout them 5 bolt hubs you have been promising........and Blair wants a job in the summer at your shop...

Geoff bootyshake.gif

Dave_Darling
QUOTE (jgullock @ Mar 9 2005, 04:04 AM)
Damn!! The newspaper morons valued the car at $150K!!

I can see it easily being worth that much! After you pour $100K - $200K into the restoration, of course.

Just like any other 914--you go through all kinds of hassle for it, lovingly restore it at great expense, and wind up with a car that is worth half of what you've spent on it... biggrin.gif

Glad you're out, B. Now on to the next thing.

--DD

PS--I may have some time to be able to help out in the near future...
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Mar 8 2005, 03:39 PM)
Thanks for the kind words. It pisses "the man" off more and more each time someone shows their support. They cannot figure out why someone "like me" has so much support. They choose to ignore everything I have done "right" in my past.

B

Hey Brad, it's FAT TIAR TIME beerchug.gif

Of course the mans only focus is on the bad parts of the past... that's what they specialize in. It's their only toe hold and their toe hold isn't much... they're grasping at anything.

Your support from us will continue, GUARANTEED

..b
Britain Smith
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Mar 8 2005, 03:03 PM)
2. Britain Smith. Britain took over all aspects of my small shop handling rent/clients/parts (without being asked to do this) Having Britain as a friend (over 10+ years now) has proved to be a great value. Very very smart young man. I have no idea why he still continues to help me after all these years. Thank you Britain. It really means a lot to me.

Thanks Brad.

It is amazing that it was 10 years ago I met you in Texas and needed help on my 912. Not only did you help me, but like you always do you showed me how to do the things to you do. Here we are now, 1500 miles away from Texas and I am still working on the same car. I am not sure how we both ended up out here, but you are a good friend and I am glad to help out where I can. With the support of this club and your close friends you can get through this.

-Britain
butch
bump
butch
you guys break me up... ...sniff... ...wow... what a great bunch of people. especially the ladies!!!

whenever you are up for it, I;ll buy you a beer at the Tied House. And another. and dinner.

and more BEER!!! Brad that is. And Lyressa. and Briget.

Hell, bier for EVERYBODY!!!
Lyressa Roberts
Hey! I'm up for that!!!
airsix
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Mar 8 2005, 11:24 PM)
I'm really glad you are home but sorry this isn't over yet. If I can help you know I'm close by (very close by).

It's the tough times that help you appreciate the good times.

Jon

Hey Jon! Where you been? It's been like a year since I saw a post from you. I even put up flyers and everything. Did you see this thread a while back? Go start a 'Where Jon's been' thread so we can chair.gif on you for bailing on us for so long!

-Ben M.
trojanhorsepower
Glad to here your out. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

-Pete
Dr Evil
They cannot figure out why someone "like me" has so much support. They choose to ignore everything I have done "right" in my past.

This reminds me of a little fable:

This man walks into a bar and asks for a drink. He looks kind of sad so the bar keep asks him,"whats the matter?"
The man says to the bar keep, "Do ya see that bridge out there? I built that bridge with my own two hands, and do thaty call Brad the bridge builder? No, they don't"
"Do you see that house over there? I built it with my own two hands, but do they call me Brad the house builder? No, they don't."
Do ya see that 914 sitting over there? I restored it with my own two hands, but do they call me Brad the 914 builder? No, they don't."

"But you fuck one sheep!"

Only your friends will remember you for you good deeds despite your bad. I hope you smiled. I hope it was ledgible as I am after the 2nd bottle of wine. I have more funds coming your way and it is purely selfish. I just like to help those that I deem worthy.

Your not an A-hole.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.