Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: School me on fan shrouds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rightpedal
Still learning the ins and outs of 914s. Any difference in the 2.0 to 1.8 fan duct/shroud on the motor? I'm talking the one that holds the flaps and covers the alternator.

Thanks for helping out a rookie....I promise the small dumb questions will stop soon and the really dumb stuff will start.

steve

Click to view attachment
falcor75
The main difference is the cutouts for the sparkplugs.

IPB Image

This is how they sit on a 2.0
914Sixer
The fan housing/shroud is the same up to 75. 75-76 has extra holes for top mounted smog pump bracket. The fans are Different because on the timing marks on them. Flaps and related parts are the same 70-76.
rightpedal
Cool. So the shrouds are the same. Got it.
I knew about the spark plug orientation between the 2/1.8 but always good to dbl check me. Any other tin different?
BTW I love the silver tin. Totally stealing the idea.

Thanks
Steve
jeffdon
QUOTE(rightpedal @ Oct 5 2015, 06:28 AM) *

Cool. So the shrouds are the same. Got it.
T knew about the spark plug orientation did between the 2/1.8 but always good to dbl check me. Any other tin different?
BTW I love the silver tin. Totally stealing the idea.

Thanks
Steve

It makes for much improved visibility when you are sticking your head into the engine bay. Mine is semigloss black, and it can be pretty dark in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.