Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Displacement increase
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
So knowing that stock d-jet in notorius for not tolerating major changes to the OE recipe the Q: is if I take a running stock 1.7 & swap the P&C's off of a 1.8 will the FI give me fits? Is there a differance or benifit from using the heads off the 1.8? cool.gif
Mueller
Rich....

I'm running a 1.7 D-jet injection setup on my 1.8 longblock...runs great....Andy has a recalibrated MPS for me, but I have not gotten around to picking it up and installing it.

So far no problems....
davep
I'm sure you could use 1.7 FI on a 1.8, there is not too much difference. You might want to fiddle with injectors though. Maybe just a little increase in fuel pressure might do it. The 1.8 heads are much better than the 1.7 version.
Bleyseng
You get more hp out of the domed 90mm pistons if that is what you have. The 1.8 914 heads have better valve sizes than the tiny 1.7 heads but you can't use the 1.8 heads with the 1.7 pistons sooo you should just swap in the 1.8 stuff. With a few minor adjustments the 1.7 Djet will run fine. If you have good used 90mm pistons sell them.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.