Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: stock rear springs or....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
malcolm2
I guess I am finally tired of looking at my leaning car. I have measured (not weighed) several times and it is only the drivers rear that is noticeably lower.

Not sure if I need springs or the whole strut. But I should make the change in pairs. The stock springs are the 100 lb ones, right?

If I go with the complete change out, figured I'd get (used) adjustable to replace my KYB of unknown age.

Clark
mepstein
Get boge struts and 100lb springs/pair. I know Pmb has the struts at good prices, may have the springs. You'll like your car so much better when you throw away the kyb's.
KevinGieg
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 15 2015, 11:09 AM) *

Get boge struts and 100lb springs/pair. I know Pmb has the struts at good prices, may have the springs. You'll like your cat so much better when you throw away the kyb's.

Make sure it's not the lower trailing arm mount it's failing instead of your spring.
Kyb are only good for moving the car around in the garage.
Mblizzard
Clark I have a good set of springs and KYBs. Come get them.
malcolm2
QUOTE(KevinGieg @ Oct 15 2015, 02:38 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 15 2015, 11:09 AM) *

Get boge struts and 100lb springs/pair. I know Pmb has the struts at good prices, may have the springs. You'll like your cat so much better when you throw away the kyb's.

Make sure it's not the lower trailing arm mount it's failing instead of your spring.

I believe i am good on them. Both trailing arms have been removed, blasted, painted, re-bearing'd, re bushed with elephant racing rubber (fronts too) and pivot arms.

Even if they are, i agree the KYB should go. But I may need an interim fix.

Mike, i may take u up on it to really see if it straightens up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.