Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found a unicorn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Cairo94507
I am very jealous. beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 14 2016, 06:06 PM) *

How did that go? My 2.7 went in VERY slow....... But then again, you have a nice shop to play in.

6pm to 12pm Tuesday night.
Almost done but not in time for Hershey.

Russo had to steal an oil fitting from the 962 to route the lines. It made my day.
wndsnd
I have a titanium bolt from a 917 holding my fan shroud.

A Porsche Factory Racing Management friend, give me a small bucket of 917 fasteners.

Fun Stuff

mepstein
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 14 2016, 07:06 PM) *

I have a titanium bolt from a 917 holding my fan shroud.

A Porsche Factory Racing Management friend, give me a small bucket of 917 fasteners.

Fun Stuff

It all counts.
mepstein
We also ran custom oil lines to the front of the car - up one side, return down the other. Just seemed to fit better that way.

Also installed the rennshift shifter and linkage I purchased a couple years ago. 5 lug and solid rotor m calipers, 911 rear hubs, stubs and cv's.

We deleted the engines oil cooler with an air cooled racing bracket. All the oil cooling will come from the front oil cooler.
Mike Bellis
I chuckle every time I see this post pop up... smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 14 2016, 09:44 PM) *

I chuckle every time I see this post pop up... smile.gif

Every time it pops, I was hoping you didn't take it the wrong way. beerchug.gif
Gunn1
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 22 2015, 09:28 AM) *

Or do I keep it narrow body, stock color, with a six cylinder 2.0 S engine.

I like the Blue with the flares, and the Yellow with the stock fenders.

What Im kind of chewing on is in what configuration would it be more Valuable

Suppose it has a lot to do with the buyer.

Both configurations are great looking.
mepstein
Made an air block off plate since the engine is missing it's oil cooler. All the cooling will be done by the front cooler. Also added a T to the line so I can dump the oil for an oil change. It looks low but I still have to install the headers. 2 weeks left to finish the car for Octeenerfest. driving.gif

I can't find the front sway bar headbang.gif
SixerJ
Making Good progress, soon will be there popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
Adding heat for winter driving.
saigon71
Looks great Mark! The heat is a nice touch...extends the driving season.
EdwardBlume
Looking good. aktion035.gif
914dave
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 19 2016, 10:25 PM) *

Are those the heat exchangers that mb911 is selling?
Dion
QUOTE(914dave @ Nov 21 2016, 04:43 AM) *

They sure look like they are. Looks great. Nice to have heat in PA/Del.
You Go Mark!
mb911

Yup Mark got the 1st set.. We are tweaking this week and then shipping another 2 to 3 sets that are almost done then back onto production..
914dave
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 21 2016, 09:43 AM) *

Yup Mark got the 1st set.. We are tweaking this week and then shipping another 2 to 3 sets that are almost done then back onto production..

They look great. Nicely done. What are they selling for now?
mepstein
Finally driving the car. Still needs some sorting. Get all the gauges working. Figure out a battery drain. Attach valves and tubing to heat exchangers and add front sway bar.
But the good part is its fast, loud and fun.

Oh, and my boss hates the first gear delete. After I drive it for a while and maybe when there’s salt on the roads, he wants me to drop the engine and add a first gear.
JOEPROPER

beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif

Now that it's up and running, I'd love to pick your brain about this conversion. My plan is a similar to this.
saigon71
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 10 2017, 05:35 PM) *

Finally driving the car. Still needs some sorting. Get all the gauges working. Figure out a battery drain. Attach valves and tubing to heat exchangers and add front sway bar.
But the good part is its fast, loud and fun.

Oh, and my boss hates the first gear delete. After I drive it for a while and maybe when there’s salt on the roads, he wants me to drop the engine and add a first gear.

aktion035.gif

Great news!

Now we need Dave to finish his so we can meet at the Divine Swine for BBQ before winter sets in.
mepstein
Home for 1st time.
mb911
Those R mufflers sound awesome though a touch loud. You could internal cap one tail pipe until my 2in1 out mufflers are done... Glad it is running and driving now..
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 14 2017, 04:38 PM) *

Those R mufflers sound awesome though a touch loud.

Yes & Yes.
But I live non development and my neighbors ride motorcycles so I won't actually piss anyone off.
Well, maybe not until I drive it onto campus.

I knew the exhaust would be loud so I'm good for now. My dad will love it. But it will be too loud for my wife to ever drive with me. I understand why used M&k's get sold back and forth. Its a lot of sound for some people.

I'm looking forward to the quiet muffler. It will probably go on once I get bored of this one. I'll put the loud one on the GT car.
Larmo63
I love my Dansk GT muffler.

"Loud Pipes Save Lives"

ar15.gif
mb911
Yours would be considerably quieter then the m&k.. When I owned m&k this was our loudest model.. It was 100% about the look and sound level/hot rod group.. Its fits that bill to the T.. The dansk sport has a great sound as well but waay more passenger friendly.. I personally like them all ..
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 14 2017, 06:22 PM) *

Yours would be considerably quieter then the m&k.. When I owned m&k this was our loudest model.. It was 100% about the look and sound level/hot rod group.. Its fits that bill to the T.. The dansk sport has a great sound as well but waay more passenger friendly.. I personally like them all ..

Our fab guy made an aluminum/steel exhaust for the 928 LS-3 conversion that makes my R exhaust sound like an electric car. Or course, the V-12 Mirage and the 962 all have straight pipes so it's hard to miss when they come to life.

I really like the look of the R. No rear valance needed.
mepstein
Interior is coming together
mb911
Awesome steering wheel combo
mepstein
Got a 914rubber care package so I can send get some heat working.
914dave
looking good Mark! Heat is a must!!!
mepstein
QUOTE(914dave @ Nov 10 2017, 06:29 PM) *

looking good Mark! Heat is a must!!!

You’re referring to the fact that it dropped from a pleasant 57 yesterday to 37 today? Yes, I need to get the heat going.
What I really needed to do was drill out the holes on the repro engine tin before I installed it but we’ll just have to work it out.
second wind
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 18 2015, 04:34 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Oct 18 2015, 08:14 AM) *

That is an awesome acquisition!

Is it too nice to convert?

I was wondering when that would come up.

After driving so many 6's at the shop, I'm really spoiled. My favorite shop car is a lightweight '69-911. 2000lbs and almost 300 hp. From 5k-8k it's an E ticket ride. I want to build a high revving 2.8 short stroke for this car. And I like flares so...

Owner wants to do a monster 3.6 or 3.8 mfi build. We'll see...

My dear friend at age 19 (me too) bought a silver '69 911S.....probably under 300hp.....drove like a 19 year old.....thank you for reminding me of near death E ticket rides. I of course am a 'teener...
gg
mepstein
Ben’s stainless steel “quiet muffler” modified to a Rally muffler.
pete000
Nice buy ! Could look like this in no time...
Tdskip
Thanks for the updates
Dion
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 1 2018, 10:10 AM) *

Ben’s stainless steel “quiet muffler” modified to a Rally muffler.

Looks great Mark.
ctc911ctc
Man do I have Hell Hole envy!

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 17 2015, 11:06 PM) *

It's a yellow car under the cheap blue spray

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.