Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which rear brakes for my /6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I have wide A front calipers for my /6. I am trying to figure out which rear calipers I should use. I want to retain the use of an emergency brake. I plan on using my car for spirited street driving.

My options-
Stock 914/4 rear calipers

Or

Ferrari 308, 914/6gt rear calipers
colingreene
I would keep the ones you have till you could find some 6 ones.
tornik550
I should clarify that I already have Ferrari 308 and 914/4 rear calipers
914Sixer
308 should be the same as the 914-6 if my memory is correct. The bleeder is different but I can not remember where.
914forme
Bleeders end up being at the bottom on the 308 calipers, but they are vented. I would go 308, it you have them. Bleeding just gets a little tricky.
t collins
got mine from PMB Performance
mepstein
Send your 308 calipers to PMB performance he'll put the bleeders in the right place and make an awesome set of brakes for you
Eric_Shea
The 308 calipers will retain the proper factory 1.6:1 bias ratio with the 48mm pistons of the Carrera fronts.
Krieger
agree.gif I have the wide A in front with 308 calipers in rear. Just need to drill those 308 calipers for new bleeders. Works bitchin!
Harpo
Where did everyone find their 308 calipers. I have had no luck.

Thanks

David
mepstein
QUOTE(Harpo @ Oct 29 2015, 07:34 PM) *

Where did everyone find their 308 calipers. I have had no luck.

Thanks

David

Used to be easy, now it's not. Ferrari 308 prices have risen like 911's. There no longer being parted out.
I would buy pmbperformance 914-6 replicas.
Krieger
I called a local Italian repair shop. He had a pair sitting around. $200. Paid a machinist to drill new bleeder holes. PMB for rebuild kits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.