Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pics of rust I have found on the car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrblackbox
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=524
638]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=524642]

Have not been able to remove the rocker panels yet, I'm thinking the rust isn't that bad to this point. What do you think?
G e o r g e
what does the hell hole look like? interior behind seats?

the floor tar is hiding the real rust.

the heater lever may be a sign of what you cant see under the tar.

trunks don't look too bad.
what does the underneath look like?
G e o r g e
welcome.png
stevegm
welcome.png

Pull the rocker covers. Then you will know what you have. What you are showing so far doesn't look all that bad. But, the longs will tell the tale. Along with under the tar in the pans, and the hell hole.
altitude411
you haven't got to the rust on the floor pans yet... it there, under the tar dry.gif Use a heat gun and putty knife to remove it. Ice pick on other areas to see if it's solid or rot. Picture of the hell hole is required. Paint hides a lot. welcome.png
altitude411
headbang.gif DP #1
jrblackbox
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Oct 26 2015, 04:00 PM) *

what does the hell hole look like? interior behind seats?

the floor tar is hiding the real rust.

the heater lever may be a sign of what you cant see under the tar.

trunks don't look too bad.
what does the underneath look like?

Behind the seats looks fine, the battery tray is rusty I have to get down there to get a better look. there is surface rust underneath the car,but no rot that i could find. I was picking at the dirt behind the rockers and from what I can see without removing them it looks pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.