Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this cover called?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcecc1968
I recently replaced my pedal set and while I was under there, I noticed that my 914 does not have this part shown in the photo below (stolen from McMark 's Creamsicle thread) and I probably need this to protect my master cylinder, etc. What is the real name of the part circled in red ....so I can post a proper WTB add in Classifieds?
-Don

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
yes - per parts list.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...;section=401-00
mepstein
I have one that needs a little tlc that you can have for free if you pm me your address. Mark
walterolin
914rubber has the seals...
stugray
I assume that the two rear bolts that go in after that plate are actually installed?

I bought a parts car a few years ago, drove it home, then noticed that plate was missing and the bolts were NOT installed! - BAD PO!
Chris Pincetich
Mine is in the basement, and I may have lost the bolts...
CAN anyone tell me exactly what bolts are needed to re-install it?? beerchug.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Chris Pincetich @ Oct 28 2015, 08:33 PM) *

Mine is in the basement, and I may have lost the bolts...
CAN anyone tell me exactly what bolts are needed to re-install it?? beerchug.gif

Get under and look
The two large bolts should still be on the car as they hold the suspension cross member in place.
The other two bolts are 13 mm head m8 bolts about 1/2 inch long.
jeffdon
Oy. I need to put mine on....
GregAmy
I need one of these too, if it's still available...
Chris H.
I'm going cross-eyed trying to find the seals on the 914rubber site confused24.gif .
jimkelly
his pics are WAY too small. great products though.
Chris H.
I just can't seem to locate it. Probably could just e-mail them or call.
walterolin
Here it is: "Early 911/944/356 and 914 Steering Pan Seal Set"

"These replace the rack and pinion cover seals NLA OEM 90134116500"

Mark's site does not show a 914Rubber part number, took me a while to find it, but it is there.
Chris H.
Ok thank you!

Here's a link for anyone else who needs it.

Pan Seal Link
dcecc1968
Thanks guys. As my two sons & I work on this project, I'm always finding things on my 914 that are missing when I look at photos of other members 914s, some not so important, but some important like this part.

This forum has been gold to me!

...Thanks Mepstein I'll PM you.
76-914
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Oct 29 2015, 10:44 AM) *

Ok thank you!

Pan Seal Link

BTW Chris, I received that "dust shield" for the Subaru that you turned me onto. Perfect fit. Thx. beerchug.gif
Larmo63
My car has the more heavy duty 911 style front cover on the suspension.

The good: It's beefier and stronger

The bad: It's really heavy

(My original 914 cover in crappy condition is available.)
Chris H.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 30 2015, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Oct 29 2015, 10:44 AM) *

Ok thank you!

Pan Seal Link

BTW Chris, I received that "dust shield" for the Subaru that you turned me onto. Perfect fit. Thx. beerchug.gif

thumb3d.gif Sweet. I'm putting mine on this weekend.

re: my front pan shield, I MIGHT win the "most cracked seals" award. Will post later.
aufgates
If anyone has a spare - please PM me, before I go off roading wink.gif
SKL1
The German name in the parts catalog is undershutz. I needed one a couple months ago and put a WTB in the classifieds. Got several responses quickly and found a good used one for reasonable price.
Should be able to get a used one pretty easilly...

(and yes, the 17mm bolts hold on the rear of the front suspension A arms- a VERY important bolt to have in there and properly torqued!!!)
warpig
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 30 2015, 09:43 AM) *

My car has the more heavy duty 911 style front cover on the suspension.

The good: It's beefier and stronger

The bad: It's really heavy

(My original 914 cover in crappy condition is available.)

Are the 911 ones really beefier and interchangable? If so I will have a nice 75 914 one available soon. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.