Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Emergency brake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
I am installing a 911 emergency brake. I am planning on making the fittings for the 911 brake end and the other to link to the existing fitting on the end of the 914 brake cable.

Question: I want to press the fittings onto the cable myself, any members done this? advice/guidance appreciated.

Thanks
Mike Bellis
Why not just buy the adapters from Tangerine?

http://www.tangerineracing.com/brakes.htm
JFJ914
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Oct 31 2015, 05:51 PM) *

I am installing a 911 emergency brake. I am planning on making the fittings for the 911 brake end and the other to link to the existing fitting on the end of the 914 brake cable.

Question: I want to press the fittings onto the cable myself, any members done this? advice/guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Find a sailboat rigger, they'll have fittings and tools.
DavidSweden

Good idea regarding sailboat rigger.

I looked at the Tangerine part, I may be mistaken but i don't see how it will pull on both of the expanders, there is no sheath to press on the outer expander, or have I got it wrong?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Oct 31 2015, 03:09 PM) *

Good idea regarding sailboat rigger.

I looked at the Tangerine part, I may be mistaken but i don't see how it will pull on both of the expanders, there is no sheath to press on the outer expander, or have I got it wrong?

The tube is welded to the trailing arm and does not move, since it's fixed you only need to pull on the cable. The 911 sheath is completely flexible and has to push on the backing plate to pull the cable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.