Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission Mounts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
I was getting ready to tackle replacing the transmission mounts. I went to Pelican, but the only offering that looked like the stock mounts was a URO part. Just wondering if there are any other manufacturers for this part?

Pelican also had a WEVO blue pillow and black pillow mount listed, but at $90 each they seemed a little pricey. Not that I wouldn't buy them, but I haven't heard anything about them and would rather go the stock mount type if available from someone other than URO.

abes914
I replaced mine with early 911 transmission mounts from pelican and I am happy with it. Others done the same just search the forum for full reviews on 911 trans mount on 914.
Andyrew
I just got a set of the $22 "german" 911 mounts from Pelican for the yellow car.

Quality looked right up there with the $90 OEM 911 mounts on my car.
SirAndy
911 "sport" engine(!) mounts is what you want.

For me they have always bolted right up but some people report that they had to open up the mounting holes on the mounts a little bit.

IPB Image
Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 4 2015, 10:44 AM) *

911 "sport" engine(!) mounts is what you want.

For me they have always bolted right up but some people report that they had to open up the mounting holes on the mounts a little bit.

IPB Image

You can either open up the holes on the 914 body or open up the holes on the mount. Only takes about 1/16-1/8" (Just did it..)
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 4 2015, 10:46 AM) *
You can either open up the holes on the 914 body or open up the holes on the mount. Only takes about 1/16-1/8" (Just did it..)

Like i said, i never had to and i have been using these mounts for some 15 years now ...
shades.gif
gereed75
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 4 2015, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 4 2015, 10:46 AM) *

Like i said, i never had to and i have been using these mounts for some 15 years now ...
shades.gif

I had to add a thick spacer on mine to get clearance between trans and rear trunk floor about .250"
SirAndy
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Nov 4 2015, 11:23 AM) *
I had to add a thick spacer on mine to get clearance between trans and rear trunk floor about .250"

If you use the original hardware you won't need any spacers!
That includes the top bracket and the big cup washer underneath ...

IPB Image
Rob-O
Thanks for the quick replies. I *knew* that 911 Sport mounts had been used before. I guess that it just threw me when I didn't see them listed on Pelican. I'll be putting in my order this evening (along with some heat exchanger hardware!).
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
brant
are these the same mounts that people are using for the 914/6 conversion firewall style of motor mount ?

mepstein
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 4 2015, 05:27 PM) *

are these the same mounts that people are using for the 914/6 conversion firewall style of motor mount ?

Yes. 911 sport engine mount.
SirAndy
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 4 2015, 02:27 PM) *

Yes, i also have two of them on my RJ /6 bulkhead engine mount.
smile.gif

IPB Image
GeorgeRud
I did spring for the WEVO mounts as I figured they'd contain the transmission a bit tighter than the original mounts. Since I had converted to a -6 engine and a 915 transmission (heavier than the 901), I thought it would be a good idea. They do not transmit too much vibration if that's a concern.
pete000
I run the Wevo and they work great..No squeaks rattles or rolls...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.