Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer Drive Seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I bought a speedo drive seal from GPR last week and it looks like the shifter seal only smaller. The haynes manual shows an 0-ring. Does anyone know which is correct before I try to replace it. The part number I have for the new one from GPR is 999.113.036.50.

Here is a crappy pic.

Allan
icon_bump.gif confused24.gif
phantom914
There are two seals: an O-ring that seals the drive housing to the tranny case, which you can see when you remove the bolt and pull the drive out of the tranny, and a seal (which you already have) that seals the rotating shaft. You can see the seal when you unscrew the bottom half of the drive housing from the top half.

I can look up the number for the O-ring when I get home in a couple of hours. I know Pelican has the O-ring, but I don't see it on their site. It will come up if the Porsche part number is typed in though.

Andrew
phantom914
O.K. The O-ring part number is 999.701.084.50

Pelican should have them. That's where I got mine from.

Andrew
Trekkor
I don't remember any seal but the o-ring on the speedo drive. confused24.gif

KT
Allan
Maybe it goes in here?

phantom914
Yes. The seal you showed goes there. Unthread the two halves and pull the shaft out.

Andrew
swood
Mine seems to be a bit loose at that point. Could it be coming unthreaded or the seal going bad?? confused24.gif
Bruce Allert
OK, so... if those 2 seals are replaced will it stop the leak?

Swood... did it work??? no more leak'n???

........b
Allan
What I saw when I pulled it apart was that you can't replace the internal seal unless the machined casing can be split open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.