Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know dimensions of RX7 oil cooler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
what are the dimensions? what fittings do they come with? any pics of your install?
North Bay 914
I have one I would sell. I can measure it tomorrow. It already boxed up.
Aaron Cox
keep me posted....

Acox914 at comcast dot net

John
We used an RX-7 oil cooler once. I would recommend something new.

It was a small cooler and fit the car well. We had it located just behind the cutout on a 916 front shell. (That is about the size of it)

The fittings on the RX-7 coolers are some unusual made in Japan fittings.

We had steel -12 fittings (3/4") TIG welded to our cooler. When it developed a leak one day at a time trial, we determined that a NEW aluminum cooler would be better. Since then, our oil temperatures have been much lower.

just my $0.02
Dead Air
My 84 rx-7 uses the oil filter fitting as the cooler.
Eric_Shea
23" Long
5" High

I'm not sure if all the mounts are the same. I had to grind mine off to fit a GT shroud. I will be welding an aluminum plate across the top and welding aluminum studs on it to fit into the original GT shroud mounting holes.
Eric_Shea
Here it is in the shroud. It fits with the end that has the inlet and outlet sticking out of the shroud.
Eric_Shea
Picture would be nice... wacko.gif
Eric_Shea
Here will be it's new home... note the GT mounted fuel pump. (thanks Rich!)
xitspd
We have used several of them with good results. I used one on a highly modified 2.2 engine that I raced extensively. It was used in addition to the 914-6 cooler on the engine. We cut off the stock Mazda fittings and welded on Earls 12 AN fittings.
Martin Baker
Here is the one I decided not to use. I paid $100.00 for it, I sell it for $75.00 plus shipping.
Martin Baker
Martin Baker
Martin Baker
Martin Baker
Eric_Shea
That one's a lot different than mine. Similar dimensions though. Mine's about 1/2" longer and taller. Fittings are way different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.