Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SFBA 914Club Lunch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
McMark
This months lunch info. I'll be BBQing some burgers. Feel free to bring some chips or soda or anything else you wanna throw on the grill.

Date: 03/26/05
Start cooking 10:30-11 (earlybirds welcome).
McMark
Just me by myself then? rolleyes.gif

I'm so far north I might as well be in Canada. tongue.gif

Oh, and icon_bump.gif
ppickerell
Mark,
How goes the shop remodelling?
SirAndy
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 11 2005, 08:19 AM)
Just me by myself then?  :rolleyes:
I'm so far north I might as well be in Canada.  :P

i thought you were ...

i'll make it up there, wouldn't wanna miss a Burger BBQ by the "King of Burgers" himself ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Trekkor
I may pop by chowtime.gif

KT
fiid
I'll try and make it.

I'd like to see the new digs, and I wanted to ask you guys about the possibilitity of doing some work on my car.

l8r,

Fiid.
horizontally-opposed
I'd like to roll, too. Just don't know yet if I need to work on the 984 that day... headbang.gif

pete
Scott Carlberg
sounds good to me too! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
merrill
Hey, Yous guys ever take some back roads up to Tahoe? If you ever think about it, shoot me a call or emaill and I'll grill up whatever you can throw down biggrin.gif
jimtab
OH DAMMIT, I have to go to Mazatlan for a week of drinking and fishing and sun, maybe next time....it's a dirty job but someone has to do it.....
McMark
icon_bump.gif

I'm thinking of inviting the BMW 2002 club. wink.gif
nebreitling
hmmm, i'll be needing to put some miles on the new engine, so i might be able to make it.
McMark
clap.gif Yeah!
McMark
Hey, I just remembered. Andy you can get your clear rear window from me. Mueller if you're coming you can bring the tinted rear window and my MPS. biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 14 2005, 12:46 PM)
Hey, I just remembered.  Andy you can get your clear rear window from me.  Mueller if you're coming you can bring the tinted rear window and my MPS.  :D

good idea smile.gif

mueller > McMark = 1 rear tinted window, 1 MPS

McMark > Mueller = 1 side reflector (drivers side) and front turnsignal seal if you have one

Mueller > SirAndy = rest of needle bearing kit

SirAndy > Mueller = modified MPS

McMark > SirAndy = clear rear window

SirAndy > McMark = broken laptop

EDIT: Had to add to your list Mueller. wink.gif
lapuwali
I'll probably show up, but it won't be in a Porsche of any description, just an air-cooled wagon...
McMark
I have officially invited the BMW 2002 club. tongue.gif

Time for some grudge match. wink.gif Hopefully more 914s show than '02s. lol2.gif

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/talkshop/forum/m...ges/213183.html

I've also updated the original post with location info.
Scott Carlberg
Mark,
would it be ok with you to send an email to the RoadGlue group?

Dave_Darling
I think I may have something I am doing that day. If not, I will definitely try to make it!! Mmmm, Napa valley in the spring...

--DD
RoadGlue
I'll be there! I'll probably take the Fiat sedan (looks a lot like a BMW 2002) or I'll ride along in a friend's 914.

Best,

Randy
mightyohm
I will try to make it, don't know if my 914 will be off jackstands by then or not...

It is getting a WCC-induced freshening up including 4 new Bilsteins, 4 new rubber brake lines, new front wheel bearings and seals, new brake pads, front alloy S caliper rebuild (both were leaking), new SS caliper pistons, new front rotors, new turbo tie rod kit, brake tee replacing prop valve, cooling flaps under the body, and a few other things too.

I did all 4 shocks, brake lines, the brake tee, and took off the tie rods this weekend and I am sooooore. blink.gif

PS. I think BMW 2002s are cool. biggrin.gif
ppickerell
Anyone planning a post lunch fun run?
9146R
If I am not in Soquel for easter - count me in. givemebeer.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (9146R @ Mar 14 2005, 04:07 PM)
If I am not in Soquel for easter - count me in. givemebeer.gif

if you go, let me know, we can cruise on up there together, I'm about 30 minutes East of you.....
McMark
We can set up a fun run impromptu. I know all the fun routes. wink.gif Glad to see the guest list increasing.

Patrick, will your sons car be there? wink.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 14 2005, 04:19 PM)
We can set up a fun run impromptu.  I know all the fun routes.  ;)  

Great, but please make it longer than the last 20-minute run we had in Napa. smile.gif

--
Randy
GTeener
Seems like a good enough reason to take a drive if I have nothing else going on that day.

Can my dog come with me?
ppickerell
Mark,
I think that he will probably make it. We are getting the brakes done on his car this week. Love that run out to Berryessa!
McMark
boldblue.gif

I hope it's not going to rain. wacko.gif
neo914-6
Fiat sedan (looks a lot like a BMW 2002)

Don't tell that to the Fiat OR BMW crowd laugh.gif

Mark, I'll try to make it so we can finally talk. Maybe with my sketches too...

Care if I invite "my" Porsche V8 group?
McMark
Bring 'em on. We're all car guys. My only worry is not having enough food. But I guess we can always send somebody to the store. smile.gif
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 19 2005, 11:32 AM)
boldblue.gif

I hope it's not going to rain. wacko.gif

Weather.com says: Few Showers

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/ot...tml?locid=94558
fiid
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 19 2005, 02:44 PM)
Bring 'em on. We're all car guys. My only worry is not having enough food. But I guess we can always send somebody to the store. smile.gif

I can make up some patty meat if you like (BURGERS!).

We grind our own out of London Broil and mix bacon in :-) Love the kitchenaid.

Fiid.

McMark
London broil with bacon. Mmmmmmmmm. drooley.gif
McMark
BAM! -> Big Ass Map
Mueller
Hey Mark,

do you have an extra engine compartent sound pad I can borrow? I need one for a template for the stuff I got from Gary Helbig...it's a silver backed liner which supposed to help with the sound and heat....looks cool too smile.gif
McMark
Hmmm, you're in luck. I had one hidden away in one of my cars trunks. I'll bring it for ya.
bondo
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 21 2005, 02:51 PM)
Hmmm, you're in luck. I had one hidden away in one of my cars trunks. I'll bring it for ya.

Ooh, if this turns into a swap meet then I'll HAVE to come smile.gif
McMark
Post what ya need. wink.gif

In a few months when it's North Bay lunch time again we'll do a swap meet.
boldblue.gif
plas76targa
Mark - I plan on coming up, bringing #1 son. I have a commitment until 10 am, should still make it by 11-ish. Can I bring anything? Pasta salad or som'thin' ?

Britain says I need a sway bar - welt front, stock rear biggrin.gif

bondo
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 21 2005, 04:00 PM)
Post what ya need. wink.gif

In a few months when it's North Bay lunch time again we'll do a swap meet.
boldblue.gif

Cool! I'm looking for a cheap late wiring harness. Doesn't have to be perfect, just mostly there. I need another one to make sure I can make one complete modified one. Also looking for a rear defrost switch, or alternatively a fog light switch. Both have to be cheap as I'm financially embarassed right now smile.gif

If anyone is looking for 2.0 bus heads or heater blowers, I've got those.

Expect me to arrive around 11:00, and I'll bring something edible.
McMark
I'll have burgers. Anything else is up to you all. wink.gif Weather forcast is looking promising.
Dave_Darling
Aaah, crap. I'm out. sad.gif Too much going on that day, if you can believe it.

--DD
neo914-6
I'm out too, wife made other plans before I told her mine...guess who wins? sad.gif

(I gotta concede alot before the WCC05)
RoadGlue
I'll still be there. I'm not quite as whipped as the rest of you! (ok, maybe I am, but she's working on Saturday) alfred.gif

--Randy
Mueller
I'm going to have to bail out ......got to work on Sat. (and Sunday but I'll take a few hours off for the family brunch chowtime.gif )

If the weather is decent, I will drive my 914 from Antioch to Fremont....55 miles one way to work...luckly I have AAA with the 5 free 100 mile trips per year plan....I hope not to use them up biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 24 2005, 04:54 PM)
I'm going to have to bail out ......got to work on Sat.

That's too bad. I was looking forward to catching up. When is the Partsheaven swap meet?

--Randy
McMark
Ahhhh, well looks like everybody gets a double burger. wink.gif

Sorry ya can't make it boys.
Mueller
I'm back in.... smile.gif

I'll have to put in about 10 hours worth of work tommorow, so those burgers better be good for a what appears to a 4 to 5 hour lunch break, hahahaha

fiid
Famous original Fiid 914burgers are waiting in the fridge.

beerchug.gif welder.gif do we have a grill smilie??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.