Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey - April 16, 2016 - Mid-Engine Invasion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
wndsnd
Two for Friday drive and Sat night dinner please. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Thanks Steve..
mepstein
Mikey/Mark/914rubber should come out to play at Hershey. poke.gif
Dr Evil
Totally in!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(rgolia @ Dec 30 2015, 06:59 AM) *

Len, I like the plan. Count me in. Happy New Year to all. beerchug.gif

I say you're fine, so I will see you there smile.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 13 2016, 10:50 AM) *

Totally in!

beerchug.gif
beer.gif
beerchug.gif

+2
injunmort
I am in as well
stevegm
I have been holding back from posting all of the info about Mid-Engine Invasion this year, because I was waiting to get info back from CPA-PCA. I have been talking to them for a couple weeks about grouping 914s in their own class, as Big Len suggested. It is a great idea.

But, they won't do it. The reason is that they say they have a small turnout of Boxsters and Caymans, and therefore, can't split them off into a separate class. It will remain a class for mid-engine Porsches. They pointed out that last year there were only 8 cars in the class - 5 914's, 2 Boxster's, and 1 Cayman. A new Boxster GTS was 1st, a '74 914 2nd, and a '73 914 3rd.

It looks like we are just going to have to register as many 914s as we have.

I will post all of the hotel, Friday rally, Swap Meet registration, People's Choice concourse, and Saturday dinner info tonight.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 20 2016, 10:25 AM) *

I have been holding back from posting all of the info about Mid-Engine Invasion this year, because I was waiting to get info back from CPA-PCA. I have been talking to them for a couple weeks about grouping 914s in their own class, as Big Len suggested. It is a great idea.

But, they won't do it. The reason is that they say they have a small turnout of Boxsters and Caymans, and therefore, can't split them off into a separate class. It will remain a class for mid-engine Porsches. They pointed out that last year there were only 8 cars in the class - 5 914's, 2 Boxster's, and 1 Cayman. A new Boxster GTS was 1st, a '74 914 2nd, and a '73 914 3rd.

I will post all of the hotel, Friday rally, Swap Meet registration, People's Choice concourse, and Saturday dinner info tonight.

Or don't enter at all and let the 3 new cars play with themselves. But that's probably why you should be organizing this and not me.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(stevegm @ Nov 18 2015, 10:50 AM) *

I know it is early. But, in working with the PCA on their 914 calendar ad, I talked to them about letting us park all of the 914s in the concours corral (even though if they are not in the concours). They have agreed to let us have our own area in there to park (we just have to give them a list of cars 10 days in advance).

With that in mind, I was thinking about doing a mini-914 show there, with some awards and all, and having the dinner on Saturday night, after the Swap Meet. What do you think? We would still do the drive on Friday.

WHO'S COMING?
struckn
Big Len
mepstein
stevegm
somd914
saigon71

My wife and I are going to Hershey as we're on the hunt for parts for our new build. Won't have a Porsche 914 there but will have to rely on the trusty Jeep Cherokee. Would like to join up for Dinner on Sat if that's OK.
struckn
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 20 2016, 07:33 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 20 2016, 10:25 AM) *

Or don't enter at all and let the 3 new cars play with themselves. But that's probably why you should be organizing this and not me.

The Concurse is not a judged event, it's a peoples choice voting award. If all 914's voted for one 914 only I think we would still not have enough votes for first in this class, but actually getting the 2nd and 3rd awards is a big Win for our cars.

One thing that was breifly mentioned in an earlier post, was having us as a group park in the Car Corral area. We actually got away with doing this two or three years ago with out PCA permission and it didn't draw any negative feedback from them. The way it went was a few of us were parked up against the yellow tape that seperated the Car Carrol area from the general parking area. The general area filled up and when I and several others arrived, we just lifted the yellow tape, drove under it into the Carrol area and praked on that other side of the tape. There was alot of empty space over there, a good distance away from the actual Corral Cars that were for sale. We could have parked 20 more cars there and probibly not been noticed. The key to doing it is to have the guys that caravan in early Saturday morning park, at that yellow tape. And as others arrive ignore the direction of the guys pointing to where we are to park and instead find the 914's. I actually asked them where we were and they told me where they saw us.

confused24.gif idea.gif
achman_73_2.0
Count me in for drive and dinner! Coming from NJ if anyone wants to caravan
r_towle
The best way to overcome the control freaks is to meet offsite somewhere nearby, at an appointed time, then ALL drive in together, in one shot. then we park together.
stevegm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 20 2016, 01:47 PM) *

The best way to overcome the control freaks is to meet offsite somewhere nearby, at an appointed time, then ALL drive in together, in one shot. then we park together.

I agree. We are including that on Saturday morning.
scotty b
FWIW Underdogs is open again for those wanting to do the old Friday night routine

http://www.underdogsportsbarandgrill.com/
stevegm
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 20 2016, 02:53 PM) *

FWIW Underdogs is open again for those wanting to do the old Friday night routine

http://www.underdogsportsbarandgrill.com/

Ya, I can't wait. I think the Friday drove ends there.
Big Len
Steve - First, thanks for communicating with the PCA on this event. It must have been a bit frustrating.

Judging by the fact that there are more 914s than all other mid engine Porsches combined, you would think that the stand alone catagory would be for us and not for the minority. I don't recall the number of different classes of cars, but it leads me to believe there may be a lack of respect for the 914. I don't doubt that if "only" five 356's registered, the PCA would continue with the class. So be it.

Let me also say that I think you're a douchbag if you enter a brand new car. I've seen this at many different shows with Corvettes and M3's alike and I still don't get it. And let me add, if you're a spectator and your people's choice vote goes to a 2015 M3 over a equally beautiful 1972 2002 tii, your vote should be nullified.

In the end, I would still go forward with the goal to enter as many 914's as available. The end result would be having the group together in a very visible area. It would show unity and the love we have for these cars amd maybe, sway a few people to become future owners.
stevegm
For more info - Official Mid-Engine Invasion thread - http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=0#entry2292122
r_towle
Glad to see you taking the reigns and getting this done.

Just remember the name mid engine invasion was a result of those phone calls and emails back when we started this.....just too many controls on the event from people who still believe the 914 is a NARP.

So, we invade the event, and overcome the prejudice by numbers of nice cars with nice people driving them.
stevegm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 21 2016, 11:25 AM) *

Glad to see you taking the reigns and getting this done.

Just remember the name mid engine invasion was a result of those phone calls and emails back when we started this.....just too many controls on the event from people who still believe the 914 is a NARP.

So, we invade the event, and overcome the prejudice by numbers of nice cars with nice people driving them.

Yep. We will stick with the name. Would you mind letting me know who were the people that started it the very first year?
stevegm
Bump to remind everybody that the deadline to send Mark money for spaces is March 1st.
jsayre914
I will be there. With or without a 914.

beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 5 2016, 10:29 AM) *

Bump to remind everybody that the deadline to send Mark money for spaces is March 1st.

???
Tangerine racing
PMB
Dr Evil
Garald
914rubber
???

So far it's just me and Stevegm
Dr Evil
Sorry, some heavy personal shit has me a little tied up. I want two spots. Ill contact as I dont have a moment to search for cost and such.
mepstein
Spots

Garold - 5
Stevegm- 2
Evil - 2
Rightpedal- 2
Pmb - 1
David Toppin - 1
Mepstein - 6
Puffinator - 2
Are we good?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 24 2016, 03:22 PM) *

Spots

Garold - 5
Stevegm- 2
Evil - 2
Rightpedal- 2
Pmb - 1
David Toppin - 1
Mepstein - 6

Are we good?

For me, yes. beerchug.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 24 2016, 04:22 PM) *

Spots

Garold - 5
Stevegm- 2
Evil - 2
Rightpedal- 2
Pmb - 1
David Toppin - 1
Mepstein - 6

Are we good?

For me, yes. Thanks for handling the spaces.
914dave
Sehr gut!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.