Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2.0, no crashes, maintained. drives great!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd
This is a great driving car that most of the 40 year old maladies have been fixed. Needs paint but body excellent, needs aux oil cooler and windshield reseal. The oil temp needs to be addressed by summer. Many 1975 and 1976 914's have high oil temp. "Hell hole" solid and no previous repair, battery tray nice. It does need passenger side support for the jack tube and there is a small rust hole in longitudinal. see pix. $600. fix in my shop. The windshield reseal was deferred until paint. It can look better but it probably needs a repaint depending on your expectations. No crashes, GOOD suspension, shocks, brakes, lights, park brake, horn, excellent transaxle and clutch, nice dash, glass, interior, straight Mahle's, good (but older) tires, major maintenance service, (plugs, points, valve adjust, change all fluids, body lube oil and filters) recent Interstate battery, new fuel hoses and no oil leaks all add up to a way above average 914. I have been repairing 914's for 43 years, most of the $10,000 plus cars you'll find will need $3000. in maintenance and repairs immediately after purchase. Drive this one home and enjoy.

Sold Thanks to all. Brad
Bruce Hinds
Can't believe you have the jack stands on the engine mount . . . not a good idea.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Nov 19 2015, 11:48 AM) *

Can't believe you have the jack stands on the engine mount . . . not a good idea.

i'm sure he knows this, but was done just to be able to take pictures of the jack points which would be hard to do if have your jack on it.

- pretty nice clean car that just needs a bit of TLC and a few fixes. Love the color, good luck with the sale. - I have a friend looking and just forwarded the listing!.

PW
914ltd
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Nov 19 2015, 08:48 AM) *

Other than the 1970 thru 1972 cars, I always use the engine mount bar to support the rear. There is nothing stronger or more secure to use. I've had a whole lot of cars up this way in the lasr 43 years. I have never had a problem. Brad
OU8AVW
That's a sweet car, nice value for what looks like a great driver.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914ltd @ Nov 19 2015, 01:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Nov 19 2015, 08:48 AM) *

Other than the 1970 thru 1972 cars, I always use the engine mount bar to support the rear. There is nothing stronger or more secure to use. I've had a whole lot of cars up this way in the lasr 43 years. I have never had a problem. Brad

If the bar has been bottomed and it's leaning back, fix that first.
Other than that I agree with Brad. It's not a problem.
Bruce Hinds
Do what you please but the cross bar was only mean to hang weight of the engine, the cross bar has a large bolt on each side, but the mount itself is only held in on each side by 4 small bolts.

It's been a long time since I've been under there, but the nuts are only 10 or 11mm and are supporting the total weight of the car(less)engine.
mark 74 carrera
Nice car and well presented.
Vysoc
I would not argue or question Brad Mayeur, He is one of the top 914 guys in the United States.

He is a wealth of 914 knowledge.

Car looks like a great value for very fair money, GLWS!

Vysoc flag.gif
914ltd

Better than a lot of 914's that have sold for more$

Bump: a lot of grins for cheap money!
lostreasure
QUOTE(914ltd @ Dec 10 2015, 05:33 AM) *

liebe
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Dec 12 2015, 11:46 PM) *

Has it sold ?
914ltd
QUOTE(liebe @ Dec 14 2015, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(lostreasure @ Dec 12 2015, 11:46 PM) *

Has it sold ?

I believe so. Waiting for payment. Brad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.