Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice 914/6 but.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
$150K......what a crazy market.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...lobalID=EBAY-US

Mueller
Nice car, would be nice to see pics of restoration....

Are those KYB rear shocks? WTF.gif
Mike Fitton
Wonder what happened to the original rear bumper? I will be watching this one closely, same color as mine.
rick 918-S
taped off emission sticker front bumper pad is puckering. Hope he gets it but it's in the details.
toolguy
The big bucks are in the details,
very nice looking in pictures but for that price I'd want to see what they started with and the extent of the work under that shiny paint. . The only one in similar condition I've seen was asking higher, listed in Germany 2 years ago for $184K. . It would be very interesting to find out what ultimately happens with this one. .
Then again, we all know what these parts cost these days if you can find them. .
was nice this one had the white headlight surrounds. .

1st glance items-
Black late style retainers holding on the rear 914-6 logo.
Black front struts - should be gray
Does look like KYB shocks on the rear.
Missing shots of the motor and trans.
Black tar missing around front strut caps.
Rear brake hard line painted over black on drivers rear
Both rear caliper pad gap adjustment covers painted over with caliper color

Kaeferfreund
I remember that somebody posted some pictures of that car "for sale" in March 2015.

But the search function is to bad to find the discussion easy right now....

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
$150K can get you some real nice modern Porsche i.e. a GT3...
rgalla9146
Painted wheels and hub caps. Looks good...... 914 6 in disguise.
Not the typical choice but the right call according to the COA.
No engine pics but looks like aftermarket air filters.
Love to look it over. Wrinkles in right sail panel vinyl,
Cairo94507
I see some things that look like they cut some corners. For that ask, I would think stuff like the underside of the engine lid would be painted nicely. I wish we could see some underside and engine compartment pics.

I would expect the owner would be able to produce the restoration pics of the car stripped, media blasted, etc. Plus, WTF with the KYB rear shocks - bad choice for a shock.

Regardless of those little things, that is a nice car. GLWTS

mepstein
$150K LOL!
Skydance
What's your thoughts about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...em=181938749123
wndsnd
In my humble opinion, if you want to get that kind of money, you should be offering an honest original car. NO restoration.

But you never know...
matthepcat
We all have dreams. Lol
SKL1
I'm in Scottsdale- have to stop by and have a look at it for the heck of it...agree that is not an early rear bumper which that car should have.

Will take my '73 to check it out and make sure they see what I drove in with...
wndsnd
Well, for 150k, they could at least get PMB to do the calipers. Looks like they sprayed everything with gold paint...

Hi Erk. biggrin.gif
Chris H.
timeout.gif ...gasp...are the fog lights LED???????? The color temperature looks way too high on the lumen scale. I'm out.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Nov 22 2015, 02:16 PM) *

I remember that somebody posted some pictures of that car "for sale" in March 2015.

But the search function is to bad to find the discussion easy right now....

Click to view attachment

That was me. I took that pic at the shop I go to here locally. He was asking $85k when I took that picture. I'll have to go by the dealer and check it out! biggrin.gif
jasons
Hey Mike is this the place on Hayden and Raintree? Used to be the local Lambo dealer?
MoveQik
QUOTE(jasons @ Nov 23 2015, 09:21 AM) *

Hey Mike is this the place on Hayden and Raintree? Used to be the local Lambo dealer?

I can't recall if it was an actual Lambo dealership but it has always been a high-end used car shop. FWIW, it is the place that a guy killed himself in a Ferrari a few years back. blink.gif

It was called Motorsports of Scottsdale when it happened. From the article at the time:

May 29, 2004 10:00 pm
SCOTTSDALE (AP) — A man armed with a semi-automatic rifle shot up a Scottsdale exotic car dealership before killing himself in a red Ferrari he tried to steal moments earlier.

No one else was killed or injured in the shooting at Motorsports of Scottsdale on Friday afternoon, Scottsdale detective Sam Bailey said.

Police said they were at a loss to explain the actions of the man described only as white, 20 to 40 years old, and the driver of an older model maroon van.

"This guy showed up, decided he wanted to steal a Ferrari," Bailey said.

Undercover officers patrolling nearby pulled up within minutes of the first shot, Bailey said.

The shooter, though, ignored their commands, walked to the Ferrari, got in and shot himself, he said.

Officers never fired, nor did the man ever point the gun at anyone.

— Arizona Daily Sun

fixer34
OK, really nice cars, but who would ever drive one of them?? For that kind of money, you would put it on a trailer, surround it in glass, and tow it everywhere. Kinda takes the fun out of it.
Classic9
Very old thread, but i am trying to locate and get in touch with the current owner of this 914-6

Vin 9140432237

It was sold at Mecum in 2016: https://www.mecum.com/lots/244412/

Thank you

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.