Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
My question is can a ECU from a 73-74 2 liter be installed in a 75-76 2 liter? Are they interchangable? If they are not, does anyone have one for a 75-76 2 liter? I need this as soon as I can get it. If they are interchangable then I just need one whenever I can get it.
McMark
73-74 is D-Jet.
75-76 is L-Jet.
skline
75-76 2 liter is not L-jet, it is in fact D-jet. The 1.8 was the only engine with L-jet.
TheCabinetmaker
2liters are D-jet. 1.8s are L-jet.

75 ecus can be used on 73 motors and vica versa, however, The ecu must be matched to the mps, tps, and maybe a few other components. Visit Brad Anders site for part#s for compatibility. Remember, we're talking 2 liters. 1.7's are a different animal and will be too lean for a 2.0L.
McMark
heh, heh, heh. pinch.gif

Whoops. Brain fart.

hanged.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Mar 11 2005, 06:48 PM)
2liters are D-jet. 1.8s are L-jet.

75 ecus can be used on 73 motors and vica versa, however, The ecu must be matched to the mps, tps, and maybe a few other components. Visit Brad Anders site for part#s for compatibility. Remember, we're talking 2 liters. 1.7's are a different animal and will be too lean for a 2.0L.

Actually, as I recall from Brad's site, the 2.0 ECU, at least for '73, was identical with the 1.7 ECU. they only added some external resistors for one or two of the sensors (I think the CHT), and used bigger injectors on the 2.0.
TheCabinetmaker
Brads site list 4 part #'s for 72/73, but only the 037 is to be used on the 73 2.0L if I read it right.
Type 4
I have one if you need it.
redshift
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 11 2005, 10:49 PM)
heh, heh, heh. pinch.gif

Whoops. Brain fart.

hanged.gif

Happens to me all the time, comes from thinking about beans.

confused24.gif

Look, I am going to go out, and come back in... try all this over again...

M
redshift
Happens to me all the time, comes from thinking about beans. laugh.gif

Nope... the laugh track didn't even help it..

M
McMark
I like it Miles. lol2.gif

My gas has spread from my ass to my brain. It's infectious! Look out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.