oops
rhodyguy
i hope this stuff works.

k
rhodyguy
i'll finish the other fog when the parts get here. dry.gif

k
rhodyguy
i'll do the rest of the pan when the rear can be put in the air. no more room.

k
Bleyseng
How is the front bearing replacement coming along?? Mine are still sitting in a box just don't have the time to work on the car now.
rhodyguy
you mean bushings? biggrin.gif piece of cake. i worried too much about how tight the races should turn on and tried a few combinations. you def know when tight becomes too tight. i have a tad more painting to do after a little welding. i could slap it together and paint later but then there's the whole overspray (black components vs silver paint) and remasking. no point in being all impatient at this time. it's not like your car is conveniently outside the door for small time projects. the whole driving to u.v. just to work on the car would get old. monique needs a 3 garage at her place out on the alley.

k
Bleyseng
I am working on swapping in a new rear end in the Ranger this weekend. Great fun..... dry.gif

I am sick of driving the Westy to work already....to little hp for stop and go city traffic besides being the object that EVERYONE has to pass and slam on their brakes as soon as they cut in front of me!!!!!! I need a 45 Peacemaker to shoot the assholes....

Geoff rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
you sure timed putting a new rear end in the ford perfectly. first real rain in weeks. don't let that cold wind blow up your skirt. biggrin.gif

k
Bleyseng
Yep, so this morning I shipped the heads down to HAM to get refreshed and bored out.

Looks like the rain isn't slowing down at all so perfect time to go work in the driveway..
dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif
I would like to thank my Boss for not letting take off an afternoon this week so I could work on it on a dry day. finger.gif

Geoff
rhodyguy
if it's the same boss i had tell hi to f-o for me, would you please? rain and 46*. perfect outdoor, car working weather.

k
Bleyseng
Came in for a change of clothes, damn its wet out there....
BTW Erik G just started working for us too... He will run the framing crew on the 2mil house that starts in 3 weeks which is why there is no way I can even fly to WCC05 this year.

Geoff
rhodyguy
much better.

k
rhodyguy
DOWN! i'll finnish the cup of coffee and be back on it.

k
Bleyseng
How did the bearings work out?? Any trouble with sticktation?

Geoff biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
you haven't done yours yet? i thought that's why you didn't come to b-fast? sandbagger!! dry.gif i forgot it, it wasn't in SEATTLE!!! pretty simple. are you going to spruce up the whole suspention? when you start doing it, the instuctions state "do not torque the bolts" for the rear a-arm bushing. the instuctions are correct!! oops!! only time i cursed on the whole thing. bet you're ready for the parade in p-land in 06' biggrin.gif

k
Bleyseng
Car is all apart.....including the engine in that little garage. I have finished rebuilding and installing a rear end in the Ranger, in the rain. Got the bus running pretty good now too.
Heads are in Georgia now to get a go over.....

The engine is not going to be done for a while far as I can see, no time as work is busy.

Geoff biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
long day... but i'm motorvating. good gas station story but i'm too tired. later.

k
rhodyguy
sometimes it's the little things. i'm ahead of schedule.

k
rhodyguy
how to stop the rain. overcast, pockets of heavy stuff coming down. i've been driving around with no engine lid and i had visions of the engine getting soaked and dying. i like working on the engine with no lid but it's a major pain putting it on by yourself. so i turned the hinge arm holes in to slots with my grinder and squirted some paint on. start the bolts and it slides right in. just got done and it's blue skies again. laugh.gif off for a drive in the rain. driving.gif

k
rhodyguy
too nice to cover.

k
rhodyguy
this seam is usually shot.

k
rhodyguy
comfort over beauty any time. wink.gif fresh and clean.

k
rhodyguy
virus is currently in remission. in no certain order.

finnish ac repairs in front trunk and paint.

replaced p.s. a-arm and front suspention cross member.

blast and paint arms, crossmember and related pieces.

install elephant racing front a-arm bushings.

install bumpsteer kit.

new corner balance and alignment.

paint fog housings and clean the rest.

install msd 6a, mallory dist, and tach adpt.

new steering wheel.

new dr evil mirrior.

slot engine lid hinge arm ends.

adj venting.

discover rt rear calilper won't adjust, on a sunday. pull good cal off parts car.

organize garage. misplace much stuff.

clean car interior. find remote for stereo and $.18.

vapor barrier for dr door.

paint frt valance and rockers.

500 trips to hardware store to buy new fasteners.

i will have a relapse shortly after returning from WCC. hopefully duration will be short and go like a bat out of hell. see you all wed, thurs, fri, sat, sun, mon.

k

maf914
Kevin, Thanks for the the great thread and all of the photos. After you put a few miles on it please give us a report on how the Elephant bushings work on the front suspension. Do you intend to do the rear bushings also? Thanks again. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
thanks. a labor of love. i've put about 150 shake down miles on with the elephants. anything would have been an improvement over the old pieces of crap that passed for bushings. the whole front end was fighting itself. the bushings work great!! smilie_pokal.gif . i think the car feels more supple, but not soft. roads that were tooth rattlers are still BAD road surfaces, but the suspention seems to dampen the bad jolts. i think the combo- correct tierod angularity, bumpster kit, and bushings- compliments each other.

yes, i intend to do the elephant rear control arm bushings also. while i'm in there i might as well do the rear axel bearings. might as well paint the control arms. while the car is in the air, continue mar-hyding and painting the rear portion of the pan, paint and install a rear valance. do the painted dash face i didn't get to. oh man.... here we go again!!! damn, i'd like to paint the car after the new engine goes in. i'll save a bunch of dough if i do the disassembly and reassembly. chairfall.gif the more things change, the more they remain the same. screwy.gif

k

ps. while i was doing the front end... well, it's apart, there's no better time to change those stock front torsion bars for 21mm units. i kill myself!! laugh.gif
Bleyseng
You just suffer from DWD that's all!!!

Geoff
Root_Werks
Car looks great Kevin! Great work! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.