Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clamp for Oil a Pressure Sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Is there a special clamp made for the VDO oil pressure sender ? It's about 1.6" in diameter.
Montreal914
You can use something like this (different diameter though):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COL2809Z1-Clamp-OD...0-/321476708508

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Nov 29 2015, 01:46 PM) *

You can use something like this (different diameter though):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COL2809Z1-Clamp-OD...0-/321476708508

That'll work; I've seen those at Home Depot.... smile.gif
michael7810
This is what I used from the hardware store. Fit is just right. I've since painted it black. I think it cost a couple bucks at Ace.

Click to view attachment
cary
Dont have a picture. But mine is on a stand off piece. Then clamped to the sender. The stand off bolts to the fan housing.

IIRC it needs to be metal on metal for the ground?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Nov 30 2015, 05:57 AM) *

This is what I used from the hardware store. Fit is just right. I've since painted it black. I think it cost a couple bucks at Ace.

Click to view attachment

I like that clamp, what's it called ? Think I may have seen them somewhere.... huh.gif
michael7810
I believe it's made for clamping overhead iron pipe. 1-1/2" I think. Got it at Ace hardware.
maf914
Yep, its a pipe clamp for hanging pipe overhead, often with threaded rod .
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Nov 30 2015, 07:58 AM) *

I believe it's made for clamping overhead iron pipe. 1-1/2" I think. Got it at Ace hardware.

Couln't find at Lowes or the local Ace store. Need more info, iwithe the parts precise name or part number, I should be able to find in on Internet.

What dept was it in ?
Dtjaden
Hi Jim,

Here is the part at Homedepot: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Halex-1-1-2-in-...67840/100146334

Happy holidays!

Darryl

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 1 2015, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Nov 30 2015, 07:58 AM) *

Couln't find at Lowes or the local Ace store. Need more info, iwithe the parts precise name or part number, I should be able to find in on Internet.

What dept was it in ?
michael7810
That's exactly what I have. Make sure the size is correct...I'm thinking 1-1/2 may be small. They come in many sizes. I used a self locking nut on mine
jim_hoyland
Went over to HD and found them.

Thanks smile.gif
wndsnd
That is an electrical conduit clamp.
LowBridge
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Nov 30 2015, 08:57 AM) *

Click to view attachment

what line did you use to remote the sender?
michael7810
I used a grease gun hose from FLAPS. I wasn't crazy about "threading" it into the case (not exactly the same threads) but it's a tried and proven method by several world gurus.
cwpeden
Pick your size. Grainger has everything...
http://www.grainger.com/product/B-LINE-by-...uit-Clamp-4RHZ6
LowBridge
thanks for the line info... I'll look into it because that sender really does not fit well next to the distributor
jim_hoyland
Update: Went to Home Depot. The first guy I asked didn't know; second guy did know. They don't carry the Halex 46840, but have ACC Conduit Hangers in 3 or 4 sizes. They are under $1.00 so I bought three different ones. The bases of one was a little flatter and better suited to mounting.
I'll shoot a pic and post later.

In any case they have them...
michael7810
That's why I shop at Ace Hardware. At least at my local Ace, employees actually know what they have and are available and happy to help. Plus I get 10% military discount and a free bag of popcorn...I'm happy. Good luck
jim_hoyland
Got it in today, those clamps are perfect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.